New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 169310)

New MMR playfield for sale

By Drewblood419

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cosmokramer
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4265 (resized).png
rick-ross-everyday-im-hustlin (resized).png
IMG_3391 (resized).JPG
IMG_3361 (resized).JPG
IMG_3360 (resized).JPG
IMG_3359 (resized).JPG
IMG_3355 (resized).JPG
IMG_3357 (resized).JPG
IMG_3356 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 899 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

New MMR playfield for sale

Added: September 21st, 2016 Ended: September 21st, 2016
Condition: New

Item description

I got this as a spare and have since sold my MMRLE it is brand new and the box has only been opened to inspect and take pics. Inserts are nice and black. Asking $$899 shipped in the US obo.

Item photos

IMG_3356 (resized).JPG
IMG_3357 (resized).JPG
IMG_3355 (resized).JPG
IMG_3359 (resized).JPG
IMG_3360 (resized).JPG
IMG_3361 (resized).JPG
IMG_3391 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Knoxville, TN, US

Seller insights

These are Drewblood419's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Drewblood419's stats page

#2 4 years ago

OMG you really did it. You complained until you got the playfield since you had the faded inserts. Got the $200 deal and are now selling it for $1K? Wow. I thought your deleting all those posts was bad.

Did your MMr sell for so must less you had to make it up here? And you want shipping - lol

#3 4 years ago

No sense in keeping the playfield since the game is sold and the price is Obo (and no I won't sell it for $200) but I am flexible on the price in relation to what they would/do sell for

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

No sense in keeping the playfield since the game is sold and the price is Obo (and no I won't sell it for $200) but I am flexible on the price in relation to what they would/do sell for

Wow, you edited this post already

It was just "OBO" and I was going to reply "$200?" Funny stuff. All of your post seem to need quoting.

Sell it to Rat for $200. He even got screwed out of the offer.

#5 4 years ago

LOL @ this flip.

#6 4 years ago

And now we've come full circle. It was a dick move to hold this back from the buyer of your MMRLE

#7 4 years ago

How is it a dick move to hold it back? The buyer was able to inspect the game and knew what they were buying. I do not always sell spare parts with games that I sell, it depends on the deal. If $1000 is too much the market will decide a price.

#8 4 years ago

Price includes shipping

#9 4 years ago

- edited so as not to break Pinside Rule #1 ("be nice") --

#11 4 years ago

This would make a nice replacement for a damaged or defective playfield. Not sure what they are going for NIB, but GLWS!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

How is it a dick move to hold it back? The buyer was able to inspect the game and knew what they were buying. I do not always sell spare parts with games that I sell, it depends on the deal. If $1000 is too much the market will decide a price.

This wasn't just a spare NOS part you bought. We all know the saga the MMR playfields came from.. and moves like this are why vendors are shy on just shipping out parts without returns. Because of moves like this...

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This wasn't just a spare NOS part you bought. We all know the saga the MMR playfields came from.. and moves like this are why vendors are shy on just shipping out parts without returns. Because of moves like this...

I guess I understand your point, but I would say in this case the extra playfield was financial compensation for the defective game that was shipped. If this was a populated playfield I would understand the position but I find it highly unlikely that anyone would actually do a playfield swap because the inserts were faded (at least not until there was other wear down the road). In the interest of full disclosure I also have a spare MMR playfield (that I purchased) but do not plan on selling it, however if the financial need arose or I sold the game I do not see anything wrong with doing so.
Jamie

#15 4 years ago

I bet you keep the manual and the coin box when you sell your games...

#16 4 years ago

No, but if I PURCHASE extra parts and the deal does not warrant giving them away I might sell them separately. I typically will offer the extra parts to the buyer but it all depends on the price/deal.

#17 4 years ago

No, but if I PURCHASE extra parts and the deal does not warrant giving them away I might sell them separately. I typically will offer the extra parts to the buyer but it all depends on the price/deal.

The point is that drew made a epic huge deal about how bad his playfield was, so they only sold him that pf because of his damaged one. When he sold his damaged game, he didn't include the replacement pf and that is the wtf moment of this whole thread.

#18 4 years ago

I'd sell it for the $200 you paid for to someone that could really use it.

#19 4 years ago

I think you are missing the big picture of this whole situation.

DrewBlood was the first and biggest complainer about the faded inserts and started a thread that blew up. He was ranting that nothing would do other than a new playfield. Then suddenly started posting how everything was going to be made good, he could not give details bla bla bla. But kept talking and then suddenly went back and cleared MANY posts. He was being accused of getting a deal from PPS to shut him up but kept denying. When the plastic sheet to dim the LEDs came out he tried to tell everyone how good this was bla bla bla... He was satisfied, MMr is back to the greatest thing ever . . . (Noone believed he was going to be happy with anything other than a new playfield)

Fast forwarding we found out that a select few who PPS determined did have inserts faded so bad the plastic shield might not be enough and they would be offered a new playfield for $200 (I think the regular price is $899 from BAA and other PPS related vendors).

So he sold his game (would love to know the details, price and fade info to buyer) and grabbed the $200 playfield deal and now wants to profit even more. This playfield was for a game that needed it and is considered a repair part. Normally none of this would be that big of a deal. If someone got a good price on a playfield and sold it for the going rate that is fine. But with all of the ranting, deleting, denying . . . it just falls flat. During this whole episode there were people with faded inserts who did not get this deal and probably because they did not complain enough or did not even know there was a problem (not everyone is on Pinside). Rick / PPS are not going to hand out playfields for $200 if they are going to compete with his own regular sales. So seeing this hit the market is just going push him to be even stingier with reparation offers next time. And there is abuyer of a game in the second hand market that got a game with a known issue and not given the repair part with the deal.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The point is that drew made a epic huge deal about how bad his playfield was, so they only sold him that pf because of his damaged one. When he sold his damaged game, he didn't include the replacement pf and that is the wtf moment of this whole thread.

How do you know if it was or wasn't offered for sale to the buyer of the machine? You don't....did you ever stop to think that maybe the inserts didn't bother them or that they were at the top of their budgeted amount for a game? Or that my sale price was adjusted accordingly? Also the PF wasn't damaged it was a bit lighter on the black ink on some inserts but aside from that totally fine and had the diffuser installed just like most others with this issue which made them perfectly legible. Also as far as price/value here is a quote from Rick about the situation:

"The arrangement as I understand it was free playfield if the old one was returned, or a $200 reduced core charge if you wanted to keep the playfield (which I think most people would do as retail for MM playfields is $750-850)"

So yes technically I bought it as a spare with the intention of offering it with the pin when I went to sell it or to sell it separately. So you might want to have your facts straight before making assumptions.

#21 4 years ago

rick-ross-everyday-im-hustlin (resized).png

It's your playfield do whatever you want with it.

#22 4 years ago

How do you know if it was or wasn't offered for sale to the buyer of the machine? You don't....did you ever stop to think that maybe the inserts didn't bother them or that they were at the top of their budgeted amount for a game? Or that my sale price was adjusted accordingly? Also the PF wasn't damaged it was a bit lighter on the black ink on some inserts but aside from that totally fine and had the diffuser installed just like most others with this issue which made them perfectly legible. Also as far as price/value here is a quote from Rick about the situation:
"The arrangement as I understand it was free playfield if the old one was returned, or a $200 reduced core charge if you wanted to keep the playfield (which I think most people would do as retail for MM playfields is $750-850)"
So yes technically I bought it as a spare with the intention of offering it with the pin when I went to sell it or to sell it separately. So you might want to have your facts straight before making assumptions.

(Quoted before the edit)

Obviously you don't have to give details but as long as "You" brought it up - Did you inform the buyer and adjust the price accordingly?

...Also the PF wasn't damaged it was a bit lighter on the black ink on some inserts but aside from that totally fine and had the diffuser installed just like most others with this issue which made them perfectly legible...

Wow - this is a totally different tune that what you were singing before. You did consider this damaged.

If I remember correctly people like Rat were only offered the diffuser. They were told it was good enough and did not warrant the playfield deal. Yours was determined by PPS to be beyond what the diffuser could do to make acceptable and therefore you got the playfield deal.

Are you reading what you are typing?

#23 4 years ago

I thought Drew was happy with his diffuser?? why would he have bought the spare playfield

#24 4 years ago

I find it highly unlikely that anyone would actually do a playfield swap because the inserts were faded (at least not until there was other wear down the road).

Yet, people like the OP were demanding that a PF was the only thing that would appease them. So you can see this kind of contradiction and then follow-up undermining the credibility of the demands of customers. This further encourages vendors to ignore what people say, and stick to their guns as what they think is reasonable.. because the customer isn't being genuine.

#25 4 years ago

BLWTS.....

#27 4 years ago

This is why no fields should get replaced w/o the original getting returned. Dick move.

#28 4 years ago

Once again quoted from rick at PPS

" The arrangement as I understand it was free playfield if the old one was returned, or a $200 reduced core charge if you wanted to keep the playfield (which I think most people would do as retail for MM playfields is $750-850)"

To me they understood that these could be resold instead of installed.

#29 4 years ago

Once again quoted from rick at PPS...

I would quote some of your previous comments but you went back and deleted them.

Now that's funny

#30 4 years ago

IMG_4265 (resized).png

#31 4 years ago

(...retail for MM playfields is $750-850)"

#32 4 years ago

Once again quoted from rick at PPS
" The arrangement as I understand it was free playfield if the old one was returned, or a $200 reduced core charge if you wanted to keep the playfield (which I think most people would do as retail for MM playfields is $750-850)"
To me they understood that these could be resold instead of installed.

This just proves you'll never get it.

#33 4 years ago

the PF wasn't damaged it was a bit lighter on the black ink on some inserts but aside from that totally fine

Dude, c'mon...after all that bitching and whining in the mmr thread about how bad your playfield was and then you make this statement...

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside