Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Shorty-comparison (resized).jpg
    Willie-Comparison (resized).jpg
    0755938689289f482d179fdb275ec9161e46e289 (resized).jpg
    mirco (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Why doesn’t JJP just move to Spooky play fields.

My TNA had pooling around the slingshot posts, not sure Spooky has magic nobody else has figured out either.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

They have...not a single RaM has pooling

Oh that's good, was disappointing on my TNA. Playfield was nice otherwise.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Spooky and AP use Baden now. That appears to be the difference between them and the companies having playfield issues.

I'm not familiar with Baden, is that a company or a product?

I think my TNA was #75 if I'm remembering correctly. I sold it when I was downsizing my pinball collection to make space for another project, and it's one of the few games that I've let go that I still genuinely miss. No issues aside from the pooling around the slingshot posts. But still, glad to hear that's fixed, it did bother me. Was always worried if I tried to take the posts off something would chip.

Dang, now I want to play TNA lol.

Anyways, put me in the camp of "this has been an issue for years and you're just now announcing a fix?" Is this really that crazy of a problem? Pinball was done for a long time without this issue. Did all the clear formulas change?

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The ink is being lifted off the wood, so job #1 would be to get a new printer, that uses new ink, that actually stays adhered to the playfield.
    Because large format printers are $$$$$$, people are reluctant to replace them.

That would make sense for sections of the playfield lifting and delaminating, but I wouldn't think would be a factor with the pooling. At least on my TNA there was no sign the ink was shifting underneath, the clear just seemed soft and like it was bulging up under the pressure of the star posts.

I have no info to base any suspicions on, but I always figured the pressure of keeping lines moving was making companies not wait for the clear to properly cure before assembling.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mirco-quality-control-procedures?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.