Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Shorty-comparison (resized).jpg
    Willie-Comparison (resized).jpg
    0755938689289f482d179fdb275ec9161e46e289 (resized).jpg
    mirco (resized).jpg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Is there any way the shipping over sea messes with the playfields while they are curing?

Pinball machines have been shipped overseas for many decades without a problem

0755938689289f482d179fdb275ec9161e46e289 (resized).jpg0755938689289f482d179fdb275ec9161e46e289 (resized).jpg
    #52 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

....makes my Aug. 2020 manufactured DP playfield look like it was made out of cardboard and balsa wood in comparison.

Stand by to get a nasty letter from Stern Pinball for unauthorized release of their secret playfield formula.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball machines have been shipped overseas for many decades without a problem[quoted image]

Yes, but freshly made playfields from Europe to America to build a machine? Anyway, since Stern is having similar problems that eliminates the pond.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Yes, but freshly made playfields from Europe to America to build a machine?

Freshly made American playfields, shipped to Europe by boat, inside of machines.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Doubtful. Stern has the same issues and I’m pretty sure all theirs are from USA.

Wasn't Mirco 1 of the three playfield (art+clear) contractors for Stern? That would explain some lemons from stern as well.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from ViperVS:

Wasn't Mirco 1 of the three playfield (art+clear) contractors for Stern? That would explain some lemons from stern as well.

I believe mirco has confirmed in the past they don’t make playfields for stern.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Does this new 'quality control' look for completely missing artwork? Like the TZ Door panel text?

This is a HUGE hole in Mirco's quality control, and he refuses to fix it, which would be dead simple - release the pre-run final art candidates to the internet and crowdsource the art check before running a ton of wrong playfields. It would stop idiotic mistakes like vampire willie from shipping (that same playfield art had missing fill in the "Y" in SHORTY's name on the non-glitter PFs).

Super easy fix. It's been suggested numerous times. Mirco refuses to do it.
    Willie-Comparison (resized).jpgWillie-Comparison (resized).jpg

Shorty-comparison (resized).jpgShorty-comparison (resized).jpg
    #58 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Spooky and AP use Bader now. That appears to be the difference between them and the companies having playfield issues.

First run WoZ ECLEs were Bader. Those were the ones where whole chunks of the playfield art and clear just chipped off (I'm not talking 1/2" pieces, I'm talking like 2" chunks) as the art and clear just left the playfield cleanly behind.

JJP is understandably skittish when the name Bader comes up, even now.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

It's a healthy start in trying to figure out exactly what the issue is and resolving it.
    I commend Mirco for trying to resolve things then to say everything is perfectly fine.
    -Mike

Figuring shit out.
    Isn´t that what you do before you start to sell stuff?

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

This is a HUGE hole in Mirco's quality control, and he refuses to fix it, which would be dead simple - release the pre-run final art candidates to the internet and crowdsource the art check before running a ton of wrong playfields. It would stop idiotic mistakes like vampire willie from shipping

Agreed. Goes for CPR as well. Hell - not just for PFs, but backglasses.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

First run WoZ ECLEs were Bader. Those were the ones where whole chunks of the playfield art and clear just chipped off (I'm not talking 1/2" pieces, I'm talking like 2" chunks) as the art and clear just left the playfield cleanly behind.
    JJP is understandably skittish when the name Bader comes up, even now.

Are you talking about the absolute first runs of the game when we financed JJP to start the company and build them? I have no problems and know 5 friends who have them with no problems.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Figuring shit out.
    Isn´t that what you do before you start to sell stuff?

Nah, we’re the guinea pigs.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Are you talking about the absolute first runs of the game when we financed JJP to start the company and build them? I have no problems and know 5 friends who have them with no problems.

Pretty sure all the 2013 ECLEs were Bader with the massive print adhesion problems. The failure rate wasn't 100%, so it's no surprise you and your friends don't have issues, but a LOT of them failed, sometimes with huge chunks of paint and clear coming off, usually in the pop bumper area and by the winkie guard target. I custom cut a mylar piece to cover from the monkey targets down to the crystal ball entrance to make sure that area didn't come off.

And, just because it hasn't come off yet, doesn't mean it won't. I'd mylar those areas if I were you.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from phalcon_2600:

There will be an area, it would be under the apron where they will screw down an indicator. This will be something like a star post.

Sounds like when Williams had the insert under the playfield for the scratch test. To check the diamond plate. Not every playfield was scratched. I imagine they did it by batch.

LTG : )

#65 3 years ago

My CSI had problems 12 years ago. My guess is stuff gets missed or not looked at closely with mass production. I am snail pace production over the last 16 years.

1 week later
    #66 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Spooky and AP use Bader now. That appears to be the difference between them and the companies having playfield issues.

In addition to moving to Bader, the improved PFs for TNA also had art pulled away from the posts like the other manufacturers have done.

#68 3 years ago

Unfortunately I don't have any expertise with nine ball, but looking at that thread they've already pointed out that the PF is missing an "L" in "Lights" - it just says "ights" and some of the finer detail is completely globbed over by autotrace line-thickening that makes a mess out of certain areas - despite the fact that mirco swears he doesn't use autotrace.

Another case where releasing the ART samples first and fixing the issues would be better than printing a bunch and then trying to fix later.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mirco-quality-control-procedures/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.