(Topic ID: 16339)

New Michigan member - Anyone else from Mich here?

By Trebor

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trebor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I'm a new forum member from Michigan. My wife and I just got our first game a month or so ago after the Michigan Pinball Expo 2012. We bought the game at the expo and had it delivered when it ended.

We had been looking for a "Jungle Queen" for her after she played Clay's machine and really liked it. We hadn't found one yet and she played "Speakeasy" at the expo and really fell in love with it. That particular machine was for sale so that's what we got her for her B-day instead.

We're just a few miles from Games People Play in Walled Lake. They've already helped me out with advice on what to do after I shorted out the game when I dropped the playfield into the cabinet. (We didn't buy it from then, btw, but it's nice having someone close).

Just wondering who else here is from Michigan. We don't really know anyone in the hobby yet, but were hoping to meet some people.

Anyone else used to play at Pinball Pete's in EL? Is it still there? I played there a lot in the 90's, but haven't been back in over a decade since I moved away.

#11 11 years ago

Thanks for all the responses. PM's are sent (I think - The PM system seems a bit odd...)

Hopefully we'll get a chance some of you sometime soon. We're already looking forward to next years Mich Pinball Expo. I'm glad I saw the flyer for the one last year.

Rob

#13 11 years ago

Tlamb,

I grew up in BH/St Joe. My Dad still has a house in St Joe a few blocks from the lake. We try to go down there about once or twice a summer to use the house and go to the beach, visit old friends, etc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trebor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-michigan-member-anyone-else-from-mich-here?tu=trebor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.