(Topic ID: 16339)

New Michigan member - Anyone else from Mich here?

By Trebor

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I'm a new forum member from Michigan. My wife and I just got our first game a month or so ago after the Michigan Pinball Expo 2012. We bought the game at the expo and had it delivered when it ended.

We had been looking for a "Jungle Queen" for her after she played Clay's machine and really liked it. We hadn't found one yet and she played "Speakeasy" at the expo and really fell in love with it. That particular machine was for sale so that's what we got her for her B-day instead.

We're just a few miles from Games People Play in Walled Lake. They've already helped me out with advice on what to do after I shorted out the game when I dropped the playfield into the cabinet. (We didn't buy it from then, btw, but it's nice having someone close).

Just wondering who else here is from Michigan. We don't really know anyone in the hobby yet, but were hoping to meet some people.

Anyone else used to play at Pinball Pete's in EL? Is it still there? I played there a lot in the 90's, but haven't been back in over a decade since I moved away.

#2 11 years ago

there are quite of few people from michigan who frequent this forum and r.g.p.
    unfortunately, I'm still not at the point to house "company" for play sessions but I hope to change that by year end after I finish restoring my CftBL to collector quality

#3 11 years ago

I am on the other side of the state close to Benton Harbor. If you ever travel this way stop and play some pinball

#4 11 years ago

Keep your late October/November open for John Dayhuff's Annual pinball party. This year is the big "10th year anniversary." There's video I shot of it here (plus other pinball stuff on my YouTube channel).

http://www.youtube.com/user/bcgameguide

#5 11 years ago

I live right down the street from you in NW Farmington Hills. You also happen to live near Parker (he maintains the machines at Marvin's). Shoot me a PM with your phone and I will give you a call this weekend. I have a Whitewater, a Lord of the Rings, and am working on a NBA Fastbreak for a friend that will be housed at my place. I just have to finish cleaning and reassembling.

#6 11 years ago

I live in SE Michigan down by the border of Ohio. Welcome to Pinside. There are a lot of guys from Michigan on here, and there's a pretty cool pinball scene in this state.

Jeff R.

#7 11 years ago

Michigan has got to be one of the best pinball states out there. Welcome aboard.

Pete
    --
    Here's my Arcade: http://i.imgur.com/cyCng.jpg
    Video Walkthrough (Updated 8-20-11):

#8 11 years ago

I am on the other side of the state as well. Welcome to Pinside! Dayhuff's party in the fall is a must if you can make it.

#9 11 years ago

Grand Rapids pinhead checking in.

#10 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside, Trebor!

I'm just up the street from you, and would be more than happy to have you and the missus over for some pinball. Just shoot me a PM if you want.

As for Pinball Pete's, they are still in existence in both East Lansing and Ann Arbor. I'd rate the Sparty location over the Wolverine one, as there seemed to be a lot of broken down, non-functioning games in AA.

Two great place that're more local to us are Marvin's in Farmington Hills, and the Shark Club over in Howell. Both have a great selection of very well maintained games.

Later,
    EV

#11 11 years ago

Thanks for all the responses. PM's are sent (I think - The PM system seems a bit odd...)

Hopefully we'll get a chance some of you sometime soon. We're already looking forward to next years Mich Pinball Expo. I'm glad I saw the flyer for the one last year.

Rob

#12 11 years ago

SW Michigan here, right on lake Michigan. Welcome to Pinside!

#13 11 years ago

Tlamb,

I grew up in BH/St Joe. My Dad still has a house in St Joe a few blocks from the lake. We try to go down there about once or twice a summer to use the house and go to the beach, visit old friends, etc.

#14 11 years ago

Also SW Mi here. Welcome!

Quoted from Trebor:

Tlamb,
    I grew up in BH/St Joe. My Dad still has a house in St Joe a few blocks from the lake. We try to go down there about once or twice a summer to use the house and go to the beach, visit old friends, etc.

Tlamb (Todd) is a great guy. Just met him this week. He's about 5 mins south of me, I'm downtown SJ.

#15 11 years ago

Royal Oak noob checking in!

#16 11 years ago

I'm down in Newport by Monroe. Our collection includes Twilight Zone, Safe Cracker, White Water, Monster Bash, Sopranos, Big Bang Bar, Attack from Mars, Cactus Canyon, Lord of the Rings, Medieval Madness, Revenge from Mars, Cirqus Voltaire, and Sky Jump. I have a Wizard of Oz LE on order. There's lots of great pinball people here in Michigan and a still a few locations to go and play some great games.
    Howie

#17 11 years ago

greetings from Owosso... door's always open if ya all ever feel like playing my 3 old EM's...
    (Gottlieb 300, Big Brave, Hot Shot)

#18 11 years ago

Just moved back. Living in Muskegon now but as soon as my house in Iowa sells I'll believing in between holland and grand rapids. Go blue.

#19 11 years ago

Clinton township checking in. Welcome to pinside!

#20 11 years ago

Trebor form Michigan... are you "Rob"? form ZS?

#21 11 years ago

I'm not from MI, but I love MI and visit very frequently. I'll be there at the end of this month, and the beginning of next month.

#22 11 years ago

Rochester, MI!

#23 11 years ago

Grand Rapids here . Anyone want to form a league around here? If so let's form a new thread for it.
    Jim

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from jamespin:

Grand Rapids here . Anyone want to form a league around here?
    Jim

This could be interesting.

#25 11 years ago

Waterford, MI.

-- Mick

#26 11 years ago

Grand Rapids here as well.

Quoted from jamespin:

Grand Rapids here . Anyone want to form a league around here? If so let's form a new thread for it.
    Jim

Love the idea of this, but my schedule is so erratic I can barely make it over to free pinball Sunday or the tournaments at the Scheme.

#27 11 years ago

Just north of Lansing in Dewitt.

Rick

#28 11 years ago

Yup....Macomb Township. Welcome aboard. You have quite a few pinheads out your way too.

2 weeks later
    #29 11 years ago

Kalamazoo here... I would be up for a league Jamespin

#30 11 years ago

The Michigan and Metro Detroit area is quite well represented here and also on RGP.

Scott
    Detroit Pinball

who also knows the southwest side of the state all to well.....

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from payphone:

Kalamazoo here... I would be up for a league Jamespin

Agreed - not too far from GR for me to drive during the non-slide-off-131 months.

#32 11 years ago

Ann Arbor checking in!

-Rob

#33 11 years ago

I'm new around here as well.

I'm all by my lonesome up in Houghton Lake but I did just talk with a guy 45 minutes north of me with a 14 pin collection.

I recently turned over my tiny collection of two in a two week period. Sold a broken F-14 and traded a perfect (HUO) LOTR for a WCS94 and Williams Getaway (plus cash).

In the end I still have two machines but I also have enough cash to go buy a third if I want. Not sure about that though.....I have another hobby I'm considering getting into.

#34 11 years ago

Roseville (East side of Detroit suburb) checking in. Big Welcome new MI pinballer!!!!

#35 11 years ago

I'm not from MI, but I could be moving there, and I go there almost monthly. I'll be up there next weekend. Welcome to your new land, there are a lot of pin folk there, very friendly despite what you may have heard about certain cities in MI.

#36 11 years ago

Welcome Trebor. New to the hobby as well and an EM lover.
    Garrett
    Pinckney, MI

2 months later
    #37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Trebor:

I'm a new forum member from Michigan. My wife and I just got our first game a month or so ago after the Michigan Pinball Expo 2012. We bought the game at the expo and had it delivered when it ended.
    We had been looking for a "Jungle Queen" for her after she played Clay's machine and really liked it. We hadn't found one yet and she played "Speakeasy" at the expo and really fell in love with it. That particular machine was for sale so that's what we got her for her B-day instead.
    We're just a few miles from Games People Play in Walled Lake. They've already helped me out with advice on what to do after I shorted out the game when I dropped the playfield into the cabinet. (We didn't buy it from then, btw, but it's nice having someone close).
    Just wondering who else here is from Michigan. We don't really know anyone in the hobby yet, but were hoping to meet some people.
    Anyone else used to play at Pinball Pete's in EL? Is it still there? I played there a lot in the 90's, but haven't been back in over a decade since I moved away.

Bump-- Canton, MI (betw. Detroit and Ann Arbor).

#38 11 years ago

Saugatuck

#39 11 years ago

I fell in love with Spiderman in Saugatuck last summer. What is the name of the one dive bar in town? I can't remember. Everything else in the downtown Saugatuck area is top notch.

#40 11 years ago

I'm not from michigan, but hi anyways.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from flipperfingers:

I fell in love with spiderman in Saugatuck last summer. What is the name of the one dive bar in town? I can't remember. Everything else in the downtown Saugatuck area is top notch.

That is the locally renowned Sand Bar! Strongest drinks in town. The white-haired biker guy bartender, Mel, has been serving there since I was a kid sneaking in there to play Space Invaders or whatever. Yeah, I played that machine last weekend. It's in pretty good shape. I had to level it, or possible I leaned it over into the direction I was leaning. Doesn't matter, it's all relative

#42 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside Rob aka Trebor......I have been in the hobby for 20 years now and I also am fairly new on Pinside myself......Muskegon Area checking in (right on Lake Michigan)

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from TunaSled:

Grand Rapids pinhead checking in.

Another Grand Rapids guy here. Grand Rapids is a great spot for playing pinball on location!

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from flipperfingers:

I fell in love with spiderman in Saugatuck last summer. What is the name of the one dive bar in town? I can't remember. Everything else in the downtown Saugatuck area is top notch.

Agreed.

#45 11 years ago

From Kalamazoo but live in Charleston, SC now.

Yes. Pinball Pete's is still alive and kickin

#46 11 years ago

I am not real far away. Sterling Heights.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-Practice:

I am not real far away. Sterling Heights.

Is Big Toyz still open or what? Website been down forever

#48 11 years ago

Clarkston not far from you. Pinball Petes in EL has a nice selection of games with most of them in very good shape. MM TOTAN TAF TSPP AFM...

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from SpartanC:

Pinball Petes in EL has a nice selection of games with most of them in very good shape. MM TOTAN TAF TSPP AFM...

Still got some pride in there games up there eh...miss those days

#50 11 years ago

Bump...we have many, many more who have not posted here yet. This thread probably got lost in the vortex of all the Xmen threads.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-michigan-member-anyone-else-from-mich-here/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.