Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180305_143757 (resized).jpg
    20180305_143741 (resized).jpg
    20180305_143705 (resized).jpg
    20180305_143651 (resized).jpg
    20180303_094457 (resized).jpg
    20180303_095037 (resized).jpg
    20180303_094350 (resized).jpg
    20180303_094307 (resized).jpg
    20180303_094253 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142046 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142139 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142133 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142148 (resized).jpg
    20180303_130420 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142110 (resized).jpg
    20180303_130436 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hemiorange09.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

Thanks everyone,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

What's up Steve, how do these rails attach? The pricing on these are great. Are you going to be in texas?

Hey Woody...

They will attach to the inside of the cabinet using magnetic strips for easy removal and the harnesses can unplug as well, so they don't get in the way when servicing the machine.

Thanks, I try to keep my prices as affordable as possible.

I'd like to go the TPF this year but I'm sad to say I can not attend... I have a family trip planned about the same time as TPF.

Thanks for asking,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Looks pretty effective at illuminating the pf, especially on RZ.

Absolutely. The UV LEDs are killer in this machine. It's a night and Day difference on RZ.. No pun intended. Lol

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Definitely interested in ordering these for my WOZ once the JJP version is available. Very cool!

I should have the harness and connection done this coming week. I'll update the website so it will not say coming soon when I'm done.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Sorry but I'll still drive my support to pinstadium for integrating this idea and support an original local business. Its great to offer an affordable solution but at what cost to undercut a small business. Thanks for what you've done with pinballs but i will no longer buy any of your products.

No problem I respect your opinion...

But I've been offering LED lighting upgrade kits and full customized pinball machines for years. I'm a small business as well. You have every right to buy anyone's products.

There's lots of competition in this industry, from new game sales, pinball LEDs, vinyl graphics, custom machines, lighting effects, powder coating, upgraded speakers, general parts, custom painting and pinball restoration. Competition is what keeps everything strong in the market from better products to better prices, and not just in pinball but everything in America.

I'm not here to make drama, so I hope you'll respect this...

Thanks,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Why does it appear to have such a huge bow in the center? The Iron man image looks like you can fit your hand in there? Does the magnet secure only at the ends or are these just for example images. Also, is there any way to hide that cluster of wires in front of the apron or was that just for example images and there is a cover or something?

I just temporary installed these lighting rail in these machines for pictures only. So they will be straight in your machine and the wires will route out the back side to hide them.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Would these work with Gottlieb games? I was considering something like this for victory to make the center of the playfield a bit brighter.

I don't know the power connections for a Gottlieb, but i can offer an external power supply to operate them, but there will be an addition cost about $15 to $20.

Please let me know if you'd like a set....

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Hey Steve, what about MMr? Any of these work for it?

Sure... I just need to know where to get a 12vdc power source in the machine and what the connector looks like. If you help me out I'll hook you up.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

A few questions:
    Are the white $40 strips using WRGB led strips or just White ones?
    Is there anyway to control the brightness and/or color shade (if they are wrgb)?
    For the $95 color changing ones how would you set the shade you want if you want it always be a specific shade? Or is it just full red, blue, green, or white?

To snswer your questions...

The white version are RGB strips that I jumper all the colors together to make a white LED color. Its just easier this way. I would have to put them on a controller of some sorts to control them. I'm looking into this as well to allow them to be able to be dimmed. This will be a different controller all together for what I'm currently offering.

Yes there are seveal modes to the sound controller that allow you to control the LEDs. So it will change the color if the controller hears something or you can have it fade between colors or just leave 7 different colors on full or your choice on all the time. But it does not have a brightness dimmer on it.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Great why'd i open this, lol. Is there any discounts for multiple kits purchased at once? Im looking at picking up 4 or 5 kits with controllers. Even something like save the shipping like some venders do if you buy a lot at once?

PM me and I'll see what I can do... I know you have purchased several mods from me and thank you for your support.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Why is there no explanation of this "sound controller"? I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't know what this is...
    Any elaboration on the other modes or what this controller actually does?

Heres a video on my sound controlled LEDs in a Metallica machine I did over 4 years ago... There are different modes but this video is only showing 1 of them.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Makes sense, would a 6v dc option be possible? Thay way I can tie it into the gi directly and get power and on off with the gi in one step. If you have any questions on how this would work pm me and I can explain it in more detail but that would make it pretty easy. I guess the other thing I could do is buy your kit and then simply switch out the 12v led strip for a 6v one. (For reference I am talking on the white only model). Great price on this product btw. This is very cool.

I understand. Sorry, but no, I just don't like the lower voltage LEDs strips, so I am sticking with what works great and have use them for years. If you would like to change them to yours please send me a PM to talk more about this.

Thanks,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from oyvindmo:

Do you know if they are short enough to fit in a Safecracker?

I know that Safecracker is a little bit shorter so im not sure if a nornal one would fit.. If you let me know how long you would like them, I can just make them to that length for you... No problem.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from wamonkey:

So with your kits there is no issue when the machine turns on - the lights will be on without a second switch or anything necessary?

No issues. It operates from the machine's power supply .

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

You guys bring up a good point and one i forgot to ask. How do you raise and lower the playfield with these installed? Don't they get in the way?

You'll have to unplug them and remove them from the machine when servicing it. They are easily removed and reattched from the magnet mounts...

#51 6 years ago
    Quoted from oyvindmo:

Having taken a closer look, I'm starting to wonder if cabinet mounted lighting is a no-go on Safecracker. At least on mine, there is really no_ clearance between the ramp assembly and the cabinet on the right side. While lifting, it's possible to wiggle right-to-left a bit, but the total clearance (left+right) is only about 1/8". Are the magnet strips thin enough that it will work?
    Anyway, a suitable length would be 25-26".

The mounting magnetic strips are thin just under a 1/16" thick per each side, so it would be close. It's up to you, but I can make them shorter for your Safecracker without a problem.

As for where the bracket is located on the ramp, just don't attach the magnet strip to the cabinet in that location so it won't interfere with it.

Just let me know,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

#55 6 years ago

Orders will be shipping out tomorrow or Monday at the latest .... Thanks to everyone that placed any order with me, I will post more pictures of machines that I will be adding these to...

If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes, are you going to sell them with that fader that was posted above? One stop shopping and one shipping cost. That's what it really needs.

Yes.... This has been requested and I can / will be adding a "low tech" fader controller as an optional upgrade for this mod. This will be an "optional upgrade" for the base lighting rails, so if you just want the rails without all of the Hi-Tech toys you can get it.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That would be great, I have a dumb phone so I'd go the low tech route. I also wouldn't need the power connector on the end cuz I have an 12v, 8 way power splitter drawing power from the service outlet via a 3 amp wall wart in my games for mods.

No problem. I can make you this mod with the "low tech" dimmer control option with straight wires (no connector) to connect to your power source. How long do you need the harness?...

I'll have these dimmers in stock in about a week. I will be adding these options to my website today if you would like to place an order.

Thanks,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

My splitters are on the right side of the cabinet just a little forward of the cab speaker so I'm thinking 3 feet maybe. Is the original connector a Molex 3 pin female? The splitters are male connectors.

EDIT......Yes I can do a 3 pin male molex connector, no problem... I seen you pictures and post on the other thread.... Just order them and I will build them for you.

#63 6 years ago

Here's some pictures of Pin15 machines with my rail lighting kits fully installed in his machines. You can see the harnesses are routed and hidden in the rear of the playfield.

Rob Zombie and Scared Stiff have VU LED lighting turned on.... The boney beast sure comes alive ...

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

20180303_130436 (resized).jpg20180303_130436 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142110 (resized).jpg20180303_142110 (resized).jpg

#64 6 years ago

The others have just the white lighting rails intalled in them....

Star Trek Pro
    Ghostbusters Pro
    Aerosmith Pro
    Ironman

These are available to order on my website ....

Thanks,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

20180303_130420 (resized).jpg20180303_130420 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142148 (resized).jpg20180303_142148 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142133 (resized).jpg20180303_142133 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142139 (resized).jpg20180303_142139 (resized).jpg

20180303_142046 (resized).jpg20180303_142046 (resized).jpg

#65 6 years ago

Here's a few pictures of my lighting rails in my personal Refinery Edition Star Wars Premium. The first one is with the lighting off and the others are with it on... I have a color controller in my personal machine to change the colors.

My lighting rail kits do not include the speaker lights...

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

20180303_094253 (resized).jpg20180303_094253 (resized).jpg
    20180303_094307 (resized).jpg20180303_094307 (resized).jpg
    20180303_094350 (resized).jpg20180303_094350 (resized).jpg
    20180303_095037 (resized).jpg20180303_095037 (resized).jpg

20180303_094457 (resized).jpg20180303_094457 (resized).jpg

#70 6 years ago

The first round of orders have shipped out. I'm working on them as they come it.

Here's a few pictures of a Refinery Edition SMVE with the lighting rails with a RGB controller.

1st one is them off and the others are different colors selected

Thanks,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

20180305_143651 (resized).jpg20180305_143651 (resized).jpg

20180305_143705 (resized).jpg20180305_143705 (resized).jpg
    20180305_143741 (resized).jpg20180305_143741 (resized).jpg

20180305_143757 (resized).jpg20180305_143757 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hemiorange09.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mi-pinball-refinery-gi-lighting-rail-for-all-makes-of-pinball?tu=hemiorange09 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.