1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180305_143757 (resized).jpg
    20180305_143741 (resized).jpg
    20180305_143705 (resized).jpg
    20180305_143651 (resized).jpg
    20180303_094457 (resized).jpg
    20180303_095037 (resized).jpg
    20180303_094350 (resized).jpg
    20180303_094307 (resized).jpg
    20180303_094253 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142046 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142139 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142133 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142148 (resized).jpg
    20180303_130420 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142110 (resized).jpg
    20180303_130436 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from oyvindmo:

Having taken a closer look, I'm starting to wonder if cabinet mounted lighting is a no-go on Safecracker. At least on mine, there is really no_ clearance between the ramp assembly and the cabinet on the right side. While lifting, it's possible to wiggle right-to-left a bit, but the total clearance (left+right) is only about 1/8". Are the magnet strips thin enough that it will work?
    Anyway, a suitable length would be 25-26".

The mounting magnetic strips are thin just under a 1/16" thick per each side, so it would be close. It's up to you, but I can make them shorter for your Safecracker without a problem.

As for where the bracket is located on the ramp, just don't attach the magnet strip to the cabinet in that location so it won't interfere with it.

Just let me know,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

#52 1 year ago

Playfield should have a gap on either side from the cabinet. If it's rubbing or up against the side of the cabinet, your cabinet is not square due to being on an uneven surface, uneven legs, cabinet damage or the playfield mounts are worn. Otherwise you would have to just pull the strip off its magnetic mount and either disconnect the plug or let the lights hang over the side of the cabinet.

#54 1 year ago

Order placed. Will update this thread once I have (hopefully) installed them in my Safecracker

#55 1 year ago

Orders will be shipping out tomorrow or Monday at the latest .... Thanks to everyone that placed any order with me, I will post more pictures of machines that I will be adding these to...

If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from HemiOrange09:

If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

Yes, are you going to sell them with that fader that was posted above? One stop shopping and one shipping cost. That's what it really needs.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes, are you going to sell them with that fader that was posted above? One stop shopping and one shipping cost. That's what it really needs.

Yes.... This has been requested and I can / will be adding a "low tech" fader controller as an optional upgrade for this mod. This will be an "optional upgrade" for the base lighting rails, so if you just want the rails without all of the Hi-Tech toys you can get it.

#58 1 year ago

Yes.... This has been requested and I can / will be adding a "low tech" fader controller as an optional upgrade for this mod. Also I am testing a high tech smart phone / I-phone Wi-Fi RGB controller as well.... These all will be an "optional upgrade" for the base lighting rails, so if you just want the rails without all of the Hi-Tech toys you can get it.

That would be great, I have a dumb phone so I'd go the low tech route. I also wouldn't need the power connector on the end cuz I have an 12v, 8 way power splitter drawing power from the service outlet via a 3 amp wall wart in my games for mods.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That would be great, I have a dumb phone so I'd go the low tech route. I also wouldn't need the power connector on the end cuz I have an 12v, 8 way power splitter drawing power from the service outlet via a 3 amp wall wart in my games for mods.

No problem. I can make you this mod with the "low tech" dimmer control option with straight wires (no connector) to connect to your power source. How long do you need the harness?...

I'll have these dimmers in stock in about a week. I will be adding these options to my website today if you would like to place an order.

Thanks,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

#60 1 year ago

No problem. I can make you this mod with the "low tech" dimmer control option with straight wires (no connector) to connect to your power source. How long do you need the harness?...
    I'll have these dimmers in stock in about a week. I will be adding these options to my website today if you would like to place an order.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

My splitters are on the right side of the cabinet just a little forward of the cab speaker so I'm thinking 3 feet maybe. Is the original connector a Molex 3 pin female? The splitters are male connectors.

#61 1 year ago

I am definitely a fan of the pinstadium. However I have been buying lighting from Steve for many years. And I had to order a set of these check them out. Looking forward to them coming in and putting them in my Metallica.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

My splitters are on the right side of the cabinet just a little forward of the cab speaker so I'm thinking 3 feet maybe. Is the original connector a Molex 3 pin female? The splitters are male connectors.

EDIT......Yes I can do a 3 pin male molex connector, no problem... I seen you pictures and post on the other thread.... Just order them and I will build them for you.

#63 1 year ago

Here's some pictures of Pin15 machines with my rail lighting kits fully installed in his machines. You can see the harnesses are routed and hidden in the rear of the playfield.

Rob Zombie and Scared Stiff have VU LED lighting turned on.... The boney beast sure comes alive ...

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

20180303_130436 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142110 (resized).jpg

#64 1 year ago

The others have just the white lighting rails intalled in them....

Star Trek Pro
    Ghostbusters Pro
    Aerosmith Pro
    Ironman

These are available to order on my website ....

Thanks,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

20180303_130420 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142148 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142133 (resized).jpg
    20180303_142139 (resized).jpg

20180303_142046 (resized).jpg

#65 1 year ago

Here's a few pictures of my lighting rails in my personal Refinery Edition Star Wars Premium. The first one is with the lighting off and the others are with it on... I have a color controller in my personal machine to change the colors.

My lighting rail kits do not include the speaker lights...

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

20180303_094253 (resized).jpg
    20180303_094307 (resized).jpg
    20180303_094350 (resized).jpg
    20180303_095037 (resized).jpg

20180303_094457 (resized).jpg

#66 1 year ago

Great work Steve. Thanks again for coming out and helping me get these awesome rails installed in my games.

One quick note for potential customers. The pictures of my games make the playfield look little more washed out then it is in reality. I’m very careful to avoid that. I like to try keep the colors as true as possible. Again it’s typical case where pictures don’t do it true justice.
    Also I can see why a dimmer on some games would be nice to get that perfect lighting effect.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from pin15:

Great work Steve. Thanks again for coming out and helping me get these awesome rails installed in my games.
    One quick note for potential customers. The pictures of my games make the playfield look little more washed out then it is in reality. I’m very careful to avoid that. I like to try keep the colors as true as possible. Again it’s typical case where pictures don’t do it true justice.
    Also I can see why a dimmer on some games would be nice to get that perfect lighting effect.

Not to nitpick but the 3rd picture doesn't look right, the area to the right of the lcd on the pf still looks as dark as stock.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not to nitpick but the 3rd picture doesn't look right, the area to the right of the lcd on the pf still looks as dark as stock.

I’m probably wrong but I believe that’s cause this is one of Steve’s Custom systems with blacked out ramps and wire forms ?

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m probably wrong but I believe that’s cause this is one of Steve’s Custom systems with blacked out ramps and wire forms ?

Hmmmmmmm.

#70 1 year ago

The first round of orders have shipped out. I'm working on them as they come it.

Here's a few pictures of a Refinery Edition SMVE with the lighting rails with a RGB controller.

1st one is them off and the others are different colors selected

Thanks,

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

20180305_143651 (resized).jpg

20180305_143705 (resized).jpg
    20180305_143741 (resized).jpg

20180305_143757 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    $ 245.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Stuff
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 9,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside