Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

evil_plan.jpg
    Pinky-And-The-Brain-Wallpapers.jpg
    hording.jpg
    th_HillbillyDance.gif
    Never_mind.jpg
    th-1.jpeg
    images-3.jpeg
    LSU_Florida.png
    marshallluckyposter.jpg
    images_(1).jpg
    apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpeg
    LOL.jpg
    sexy-short-shorts-8.jpg
    backyard.jpg
    images-8.jpeg
    Popcorn-03-Scarlett-Johanssen.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Billmelater.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 10 years ago

Now we are policing eBay prices. Leave the guy alone and let him sell his game. Some folks may want to consider finding a second or third hobby to occupy all that free time. I bought one to play and enjoy, but if the market decides they are worth that much money, mine will be the next one listed on eBay! Good luck with the sale.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

This is a forum and this thread was made specifically to discuss this extremely overpriced game. It's not like we are giving opinions on a for sale thread of his. And if yours goes up for that kind of money then you will have set a new standard just like fattrain for Stern to raise prices even more. Obviously you guys can ask whatever you want for your pins but realize its a double edged sword that will come back to haunt you and everyone else that wants more affordable pins. If you don't think Stern or any other manufacturer is paying attention to what people will pay you are being naive.

You can't control Stern, the market, or prices that others may be willing to pay. You can only control your own actions. Pros and Premiums are affordable options as well. Not everybody got a BIB or LTBR, but still plenty of "affordable" premiums and pros. My guess is that we will see a super limited le with about 50-100 made and they will be at that 10k range. Not for me, but I am sure they will test to see if that is a viable market for them.

#54 10 years ago

Sure I can control Stern and the Market by not paying outrageous prices (this is my own personal control) . Money talks plain and simple. If people didn't go ape shit crazy about every new "LE" the release prices of NIB would be at a more reasonable price but since Stern has figured out a way to create a false limitation to machines people are eating it up. It's smart business but terrible for the hobby. As I said said, you can ask whatever you want for your pin and I can disagree on a forum about it.

You alone can do neither. See the part about controlling oneself in my post. People go ape s*** because there is a demand and willingness to pay that price. That is a market for Sterns products and from a profitability standpoint they have never done better. Stern doing well and being profitable is good for the hobby. Not sure I understand where you are coming from in regards to the false limitation, it is a limited item, that is the whole point. That is good old fashioned marketing. Car manufacturers do it as we'll as other businesses to fill a want or need in the marketplace. Not sure why it is terrible for the hobby, buy an unlimited version at the price you want to pay. You can still get a new pin in the 4200 range. Choice is a good thing for the consumer.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

I agree with Kcpinballfan.A lot of pinsiders would not have defended this extreme price issue from fattrain as ok if they did not know him already.His longwinded excuse on this post does not make it right.Even taking advantage of someone that does not know any better on another site does not make it right. There is a very huge double standard going on here,and quite frankly I really don't care if you guys can't see this.I weep for you.

So you know better how someone else should spend their money? I would hope that someone that want to pay 15k for a machine with his own money would be able to make that decision....or not for himself.

#66 10 years ago

I didn't say stern would raise the price tomorrow to 15k but if people start paying that in the open market Sterns price will get there pretty quick.

....and if they keep selling at higher prices then Stern is doing the right thing. Stern is there to make money and be profitable? As long as they are, we will get new pins on the market to either buy or not buy. When the price gets too high then more people will choose to not buy rather than buy and Stern will have to take note, And folks may get priced out of what they want while Stern finds the right mix of product and price and we may have to buy down or not at all, but it's a business not a pinball coop.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Billmelater.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-metallica-mople-price-gouging-set-on-ebay?tu=Billmelater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.