Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

evil_plan.jpg
    Pinky-And-The-Brain-Wallpapers.jpg
    hording.jpg
    th_HillbillyDance.gif
    Never_mind.jpg
    th-1.jpeg
    images-3.jpeg
    LSU_Florida.png
    marshallluckyposter.jpg
    images_(1).jpg
    apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpeg
    LOL.jpg
    sexy-short-shorts-8.jpg
    backyard.jpg
    images-8.jpeg
    Popcorn-03-Scarlett-Johanssen.gif
    There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 10 years ago

A new record for price gouging has been set for the Metallica MOPLE on Ebay .
    $14,995 or best offer.
    But the Seller is offering a Free shaker and Free shipping.
    What a Deal !

ebay.com link: Stern Metallica Master of Puppets LE Limited Edition

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

$14,995 or best offer.
    What a Deal !
    Ebay link

A Pinsider too - get the pitchforks.....

#3 10 years ago

He was offering it on here for a lot less plus it's not gauging , no one Needs this pin, if someone is willing to pay that so be it.

#4 10 years ago

I guess he liked what he saw in the shakey videos? Also I thought he sold it already.

#5 10 years ago

So instead wanna call it Extreme Master Flipping ?

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

He was offering it on here for a lot less plus it's not gauging , no one Needs this pin, if someone is willing to pay that so be it.

Agreed, but they are still coming for him.....LOL

#7 10 years ago

Run for the hills fattrain. They're coming for you!

torches-and-pitchforks.jpgtorches-and-pitchforks.jpg

#8 10 years ago

The ad on here was removed. I thought maybe he had already sold it. Guess not.

#9 10 years ago

From Wikipedia:

"Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair."

#10 10 years ago

Wow.

#11 10 years ago

who cares

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

$14,995 or best offer.
    What a Deal !
    Ebay link

Sorry, "price gouging" is only "price gouging" when it's for things like food, fuel, etc. Pinball machines are not life essentials. If a seller lists a game for $15k and can sell it for that, good for him.

#13 10 years ago

"Reasonable or fair"

I don't see many others available, isn't this more like "Supply and Demand?"

#14 10 years ago

Surely that is a record for pre-release. Hope he gets it

#15 10 years ago

Man who cares? He can ask whatever he wants. No one has to buy it.

#16 10 years ago

I hope the distributor cancels his order and refunds his cash. this kind of stuff is bad for pinball.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from ozno:

I hope the distributor cancels his order and refunds his cash. this kind of stuff is bad for pinball.

The distributors don't care where it goes after they sell it. A distributor is probably more pissed they don't still have it in their inventory to mark up themselves.

#18 10 years ago

You act like this is the time you looked on ebay at pins. Ebay is the worst place to buy pins. Everyone acts like eBay is the price guide to the world and if they can't find it on there it must be ultra rare. And you can ask what ever you want doesn't mean he will ever sell it. But it makes me laugh.

#19 10 years ago

Most expensive stickers and backglass ever!

#20 10 years ago

I'm with rommy on this one... I hope he gets it!!

#21 10 years ago

If someone buys it for that - I will be surprised. If someone buys it for that I would expect to see an even higher listing soon.

#22 10 years ago

If this was a pinsider not as well known he'd get crucified

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Man who cares? He can ask whatever he wants. No one has to buy it.

I would normally come in and say something like "we care because we want people in the hobby to be happy and if they get conned or scammed by over paying they won't like the hobby and will leave it" . . . that said, if someone is going to pay 15k for an item without learning anything about the hobby then they deserve to overpay.

This one is so over the top I agree with the anti-price police crowd. Who cares, if he can find someone to pay it let him.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Most expensive stickers and backglass ever!

exactly !

it's twice the regular price, it's just crazy.

honestly i don't really care what he's asking, it's the fact that peoples/collectors got cut off from the list/order and now this person got one, nib and it's for sell... at a crazy price.
    also if he sells it, every other opportunists/sharks are gonna do the same thing sayin' '' well, we saw one on e-bay for that price and it sold ''

but hey, it's the demand....

#26 10 years ago

Also just my opinion, with the other art available I don't see the appeal of the Mop art, and master of puppets is my favorite album but it doesn't look 8 thousand dollars better. You could buy a pin collection for that. I just know if that was my machine I would get lambasted.

#27 10 years ago

Yea! (saracasm)
    I was waiting for this, so ill make it short.

The other one I was selling for a friend. I did end up selling to another Pinsider and for way cheaper than it was originally posted. So that's that. Now on to this one...

This is my machine that I ordered for ME and have every intention of opening it and playing the shit out of it...

I then saw the ones from Betson go up for 10k and thought, what the f#%ck, ill go fishing with dynamite. Throw mine up for 15k and see if some rich person simply has the money and doesn't care. I don't think it will sell, nor does it really matter. If it sold I would simply buy a premium and put money down on Star Trek.

Simple as that folks. I didn't post it anywhere else (Not here / not CL / not classifieds) and I don't intend to barrade with you for sale ads. Just one eBay random fishing pole. Sorry if that upsets some of you.

Love u all folks. Can't wait for the game!! Have a great Cinco de Mayo folks

#28 10 years ago

I say good for you. again, if someone is willing to pay that then take the money and run. see you at pagg.

#29 10 years ago

Now we are policing eBay prices. Leave the guy alone and let him sell his game. Some folks may want to consider finding a second or third hobby to occupy all that free time. I bought one to play and enjoy, but if the market decides they are worth that much money, mine will be the next one listed on eBay! Good luck with the sale.

#30 10 years ago

What happens on eBay stays in eBay is my take. I won't pretend to like it, but the whole LE thing is just stupid to me, let people pay whatever for it, it's meaningless.

#31 10 years ago

maybe Wise_Guy will buy it

#32 10 years ago

four things you should do any time you want to price police.
    1 play pinball.
    2 hug someone you love.
    3 give the wife,girlfriend a pickle tickle.
    4,make an awesome samwich
    you may do more than one.

#33 10 years ago

Supply and demand of a LUXURY ITEM. If he gets it from a noob who doesn't know any better than good luck with the sale!

Doesn't make a fishing ebay listing bad, does it?

Of course any noob who actually doesn't know any better will appreciate the warnings from the price police here; oh wait, they wouldn't be here cuz they don't know any better.

I am mixed up on this one.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Billmelater:

Now we are policing eBay prices. Leave the guy alone and let him sell his game. Some folks may want to consider finding a second or third hobby to occupy all that free time. I bought one to play and enjoy, but if the market decides they are worth that much money, mine will be the next one listed on eBay! Good luck with the sale.

This is a forum and this thread was made specifically to discuss this extremely overpriced game. It's not like we are giving opinions on a for sale thread of his. And if yours goes up for that kind of money then you will have set a new standard just like fattrain for Stern to raise prices even more. Obviously you guys can ask whatever you want for your pins but realize its a double edged sword that will come back to haunt you and everyone else that wants more affordable pins. If you don't think Stern or any other manufacturer is paying attention to what people will pay you are being naive.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Simple as that folks. I didn't post it anywhere else (Not here / not CL / not classifieds) and I don't intend to barrade with you for sale ads. Just one eBay random fishing pole. Sorry if that upsets some of you.

I hope it sells ! GLWTS

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

If this was a pinsider not as well known he'd get crucified

I just read this. Thank you. I'd like to think I normally offer up great machines here for pretty good prices after i've had my fun with them. They generally sell quickly and the buyers are always happy. I've never had anything but great experiences with any pinsider I've ever dealt with.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Sorry, "price gouging" is only "price gouging" when it's for things like food, fuel, etc. Pinball machines are not life essentials. If a seller lists a game for $15k and can sell it for that, good for him.

I'm not sure you understand what "price gouging" means. From a post just a few before yours:

Quoted from stretch2:

From Wikipedia:
    "Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair."

#38 10 years ago

Fattrain gets his salsa from New York City

Get a rope

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

I just read this. Thank you. I'd like to think I normally offer up great machines here for pretty good prices and generally they sell quickly. I've never had anything but great experiences with any pinsider I've ever dealt with.

This wasn't an insult, this is just the way I believe pinside is from my time spent here. I have no idea how you are in person, I'm sure you're a good guy but I'm also not blind to the fact that if that was my ebay listing I would get annihilated here.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Yea! (saracasm)
    The other one I was selling for a friend. I did end up selling to another Pinsider and for way cheaper than it was originally posted. So that's that. Now on to this one...
    This is my machine that I ordered for ME and have every intention of opening it and playing the shit out of it...
    I then saw the ones from Betson go up for 10k and thought, what the f#%ck, ill go fishing with dynamite. Throw mine up for 15k and see if some rich person simply has the money and doesn't care. I don't think it will sell, nor do I really care. If it sold I would simply buy a premium and put money down on Star Trek.

I have no problem with that. Good luck!

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Yea! (saracasm)
    I then saw the ones from Betson go up for 10k and thought, what the f#%ck, ill go fishing with dynamite. Throw mine up for 15k and see if some rich person simply has the money and doesn't care. I don't think it will sell, nor do I really care. If it sold I would simply buy a premium and put money down on Star Trek.

Honestly, if that's your attitude about it, I don't see how someone could be mad at you. Good luck!

Also, it's not like this is something where someone couldn't purchase nearly the exact same game for much less. Price gouging / flipping drives me crazy on some of the older games. On a higher trim level of a game that hasn't been released yet.... whatever. Doesn't bother me one bit.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

This is a forum and this thread was made specifically to discuss this extremely overpriced game. It's not like we are giving opinions on a for sale thread of his. And if yours goes up for that kind of money then you will have set a new standard just like fattrain for Stern to raise prices even more. Obviously you guys can ask whatever you want for your pins but realize its a double edged sword that will come back to haunt you and everyone else that wants more affordable pins. If you don't think Stern or any other manufacturer is paying attention to what people will pay you are being naive.

You can't control Stern, the market, or prices that others may be willing to pay. You can only control your own actions. Pros and Premiums are affordable options as well. Not everybody got a BIB or LTBR, but still plenty of "affordable" premiums and pros. My guess is that we will see a super limited le with about 50-100 made and they will be at that 10k range. Not for me, but I am sure they will test to see if that is a viable market for them.

#43 10 years ago

y'know, i'm not fan of the price cheerleaders, but i have zero issues with listing an item at a "higher than market value price"...

it's not like he made the ebay listing, then came back and price pimped it here (as has happened with other people before)... or has others jumping into this thread pimping it...

if he gets the $15k, more power to him... i see nothing wrong with listing an item for whatever price a person wants to, as long as it is the way he did it... if of their own volition (i.e. without others egging them on with "great price!", etc.) some fool wants to drop $15k on it, it's their money...

as noted by others, it's not "gouging"...

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Billmelater:

You can't control Stern, the market, or prices that others may be willing to pay. You can only control your own actions. Pros and Premiums are affordable options as well. Not everybody got a BIB or LTBR, but still plenty of "affordable" premiums and pros. My guess is that we will see a super limited le with about 50-100 made and they will be at that 10k range. Not for me, but I am sure they will test to see if that is a viable market for them.

Sure I can control Stern and the Market by not paying outrageous prices (this is my own personal control) . Money talks plain and simple. If people didn't go ape shit crazy about every new "LE" the release prices of NIB would be at a more reasonable price but since Stern has figured out a way to create a false limitation to machines people are eating it up. It's smart business but terrible for the hobby. As I said, you can ask whatever you want for your pin and I can disagree on a forum about it.

#45 10 years ago

One rich person buying a Pinball for 15k will not make it the new price "standard".

If Stern started selling pins tomorrow for 15k no one would buy them.

#46 10 years ago

Maybe MOPLE is the next Medieval madness

#47 10 years ago

Wtf is a MOPLE??

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rick471:

Wtf is a MOPLE??

Isn't that something Jim Henson created?

#49 10 years ago

Master Of Puppets, LE.

Randy

#50 10 years ago

$20,000.00 by CHRI$TMA$!

There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-metallica-mople-price-gouging-set-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.