Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MetEQ3.jpg
MetEQ2.jpg
MetEQ1.jpg
IMGA0300.JPG

#1 3 years ago

I found a really cool 36in. wide flexible car EQ, the kind you tape onto the rear window from the inside and I thought that would look really wicked above my Refinery Met Pro. I doesn't come with a 120v to 12v converter so I scrounged around in some boxes and found an adapter with the right plug size, crossed my fingers, that it was the right one and turned it on. IT WORKED!! and no burning smell. I then cut a piece of plex and mounted the EQ to the back side, drilled a couple of holes for screws in a piece of 1x1/2in pine, painted it flat black then placed the wood on the plex and drilled matching holes. Then took it all and screwed it to a ceiling floor joist above the bb, plugged it in and placed the mic. on top of the bb and started a game. It worked perfectly and now I have a 36in. long by 9 1/2in tall multi colored EQ display bouncing up and down with the game sounds. The bars on the EQ move so fast it's impossible to get a good shot of the movement. Here are some pictures.

EQ off room lights on.

IMGA0300.JPG

Rest of pictures are with room light off and EQ on.

MetEQ1.jpg
MetEQ2.jpg
MetEQ3.jpg

#2 3 years ago

I am liking that. Pretty damn cool.

#3 3 years ago

That is really awesome! Great idea!!!

#5 3 years ago

Thanks guys. Total cost was about $30

#6 3 years ago

30$!?!? What!? o_o

Man, you need to post THIS in the cheapskate club!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks guys. Total cost was about $30

Can you post a link to where you got it?

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Can you post a link to where you got it?

On ebay search "car led music equalizer sticker". There are pages and pages of them that look like mine and many that are pictures like birds, skulls surrounded by fire and other neat designs and different sizes also. If you get one let us know what ya get.

#9 3 years ago

If you could find one that doesn't extend passed the sides of the backbox it would be awesome. As it sits...I find it too clunky....

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

If you could find one that doesn't extend passed the sides of the backbox it would be awesome. As it sits...I find it too clunky....

They have all different sizes too. I went with the big one because it had the most light up segments in each column. Mine is 90cm x 25cm.

#11 3 years ago

Looks good and the colors match up nicely!

#12 3 years ago

Very cool! So does this actually plug into the machine, or does it pick up sounds from it's own mic to make the EQ move? What a cool idea for a topper. I'm going to do this. Do you have a video of it in action?

#13 3 years ago

Hmm... You have me thinking. These woudl make great toppers for so many games. I like the flames/skull one too.

#14 3 years ago

Very cool!!!

#15 3 years ago

I'd seen smaller ones like that too (for dash) that might be nice on pf's backboard, cool idea!

#16 3 years ago

i think lars would make a good topper, and leave plenty of room for ceiling

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Very cool! So does this actually plug into the machine, or does it pick up sounds from it's own mic to make the EQ move? What a cool idea for a topper. I'm going to do this. Do you have a video of it in action?

It comes with a power brick with an on/off switch on it that the 12v cigarette lighter or 120v/12v converter plugs into. The mic is on that brick so you have to place it somewhere so the mic picks up the game sound. I placed mine on top of the bb behind the eq. No vid sorry.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

» YouTube video
» YouTube video
Hmm... You have me thinking. These woudl make great toppers for so many games. I like the flames/skull one too.

Yeah, there are a bunch of cool designs.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

I'd seen smaller ones like that too (for dash) that might be nice on pf's backboard, cool idea!

That would be cool.

#20 3 years ago

A word of advise if anyone is going to make something like this, don't cheap-out with the thickness of the plex you mount it on. If it's to thin it will flex and the tape that holds it on to the back side will probably get messed up. I used thick .220 acrylic and it doesn't flex one bit.

If someone makes one post a pic. I'd love to see what design you choose.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 169.95
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Derwood, MD
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 63.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 74.95
Various Novelties
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
MI Pinball Refinery
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside