• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-504.jpg
th.jpg
#1 10 years ago

On the radio this morning I heard that Metallica announced two new pinballs yesterday, Blackened and a Ride the lightening Editions. Stern is doing it again, your thoughts?

#2 10 years ago

Nothing much to say, I'm sure it'll be like the outrage about Luci Premium.

#3 10 years ago

Well, as long as they keep doing it for Tron.

#4 10 years ago

God d---it....really? REALLY?

Of course I'm unboxing my pro day after tomorrow...sure does sound a lot like a confusion of wording...two new SONGS versus two new EDITIONS?

#5 10 years ago

Could be facts just getting screwed up as they were the songs incorporated into the game?

#6 10 years ago

Are those the 2 new songs to be added next code release

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Ride the lightening Editions

If so, that will be the edition everyone will want. Its the one most were looking for before the editions details were originally released.

#8 10 years ago

"We are thrilled to announce that the new code (Version 1.51) will include the songs "Ride
the Lightning" and "Blackened" for our Metallica Pinball game!"

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Are those the 2 new songs to be added next code release

Already in the code - betting just the wrong information got out.

#10 10 years ago

If it was announced on the radio then there's a PR press, and it would be easy to find online somewhere. As it's not on Metallica's site, their Facebook page, and I haven't heard a peep from Stern PR, I'm highly skeptical, sounds more like you either misheard or whoever was talking was confused about the two new songs added.

That said it wouldn't surprise me if they "Luci'd" the game at some point.

#11 10 years ago

Ride the Lightning was always such an obvious edition that I'd be more suprised if it didn't show up eventually. Blue trim, translite and cab based on the album cover art. With the success of the game, it has to be in their thoughts. Also, as much as I personally like it, I'm sure not everyone is into the Dirty Donny art style. This would be a nice alternative without resorting to the "sweaty old men" translite on the original premium.

#12 10 years ago

Nice, more great pinballmachines on the marcet!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That said it wouldn't surprise me if they "Luci'd" the game at some point.

Only natural for Stern to double dip! and I don't blame them really!th.jpgth.jpg

#14 10 years ago

Anyone hearing any info on this? I'd like to pick up a premium soon, and would hate to have an announcement a week later.

#15 10 years ago

I'd be surprised if it was anything other than confusion relating to the recent song additions.

But then I was surprised when Luci appeared, so what do I know? (Rhetorical question. No need to answer.)

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

On the radio this morning I heard that Metallica announced two new pinballs yesterday, Blackened and a Ride the lightening Editions. Stern is doing it again, your thoughts?

Considering Borg didn't even want those two songs in the game, what are the odds Stern came up with two completely new art packages in the past 2-3 weeks that happen to coincide with the exact results of song voting? I'd chalk it up to a mis-quote of the code update.

#17 10 years ago

I don't think these are editions. Just the new songs added to the game.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Considering Borg didn't even want those two songs in the game, what are the odds Stern came up with two completely new art packages in the past 2-3 weeks that happen to coincide with the exact results of song voting? I'd chalk it up to a mis-quote of the code update.

Yeah that's most likely.

#19 10 years ago

Per STERNS site got to their Game Code Library and look for the V1.51 - March 17, 2014 for Metallica

"Added "Blackened" and "Ride The Lightning" to the list of songs that
may be selected at the beginning of the game. These were the songs that
were chosen by Metallica fans.
See http://www.metallica.com/news/20140219-605356.asp for more details."

#20 10 years ago

I'm surprised that you would hear about pinball at all on the radio - nevermind something as specific as that.

#21 10 years ago

RTL LEimage-504.jpgimage-504.jpg

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

I'm surprised that you would hear about pinball at all on the radio - nevermind something as specific as that.

I was pretty shocked to hear it too, After I started the thread I called the station to confirm what I heard and they said yes, Two new additions, Then they asked if I was a Metallica fan and I said absolutely but even more of a pinball fan!! i still think they could have been misinformed.

#23 10 years ago

There's just no way a radio station had the news and it's nowhere else. Unless it's some inside tip.

#24 10 years ago

Are you sure it wasn't two new. "Additions" ?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Anyone hearing any info on this? I'd like to pick up a premium soon, and would hate to have an announcement a week later.

You can buy mine and I'll get the special edition

#26 10 years ago

Lol.....pretty sure it was "additions".

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If so, that will be the edition everyone will want. Its the one most were looking for before the editions details were originally released.

Yup,if there had been that option I would have gone for the RTL,not the MOP like I ended up with

#28 10 years ago

I talked to a stern employee tonight and he wasn't aware of any new metallica models. So I think this is a misunderstanding.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Are you sure it wasn't two new. "Additions" ?

Oh, the difference a couple of letters can make.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

RTL LE

image-504.jpg 32 KB

This translite is cool. I'd like one please

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 149.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-metallica-editions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.