4 Balls in the Graveyard.JPG
image-104.jpg
llll.jpg
2014-06-13 15.31.02.jpg
2014-06-13 18.24.25.jpg
image-235.jpg
image-885.jpg
image-552.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zucot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 9 years ago

Does this mean we will never see the storyboards from the first trailer with Lars busting down buildings / Robert surfing / Kirk turning into a werewolf / etc?

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I thought there would be a mode for each band member, but I guess we just get one...still cool and better than nothing.

Yeah you're right. I wonder what happened.

#106 9 years ago

Actually id love to see blackened replaced with the four horsemen since that was the original intent for the band member mode.

#163 9 years ago

Didn't 1.5 readme specify that enter sandman needed more audio calls? Did they add any?

I can't get to blackened and it's driving me nuts hahaha.

That being said the code is much tighter all around. It's a lot easier to get to crank it up modes and the hammer in particular is key because you can stack modes with it.

I will say that I find myself accidentally starting fuel and seek and destroy more often than not. I wish seek and destroy had something more to it - starting it actually makes it harder to re-light crank it up.

Also I wish that pick target completion was a mystery award.

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

You may be a purist, and this thus may be blasphemy to you, but you can change the settings so Blackened starts easier. I think there are 3 settings that allow you to tweak this. All settings refer to "Band Member" and are in the 30s if I recall correctly. One setting allows you to carry over target his from ball to ball (default is off). For example, if you hit three of the targets, and then drain, on default the targets will all be flashing again as you start the next ball. If you change this setting, then the three you hit will still be hit on the next ball, and when you hit the last flashing target you will get 1 progress to the next band member. Subtle change, but I did it and like it.
The next settings allow you to change how many target sets you need to collect to get the first band member. Default is 2 (have to complete the targets all twice to get first band member, then 3 for 2nd band member, 4 for 3rd and 5 for 4th). If you drop it to 1, you get one band member after 1 completion, 2 after 2 more, 3 after 3 more, and 4 after 4 more. Hence on default you need 14 completions. Changing this setting makes it 10.
Final setting allows you to change how many added completions are needed to get the next band member. Default is 1.

Thanks for the writeup. I am a little bit of a purist but I'll try the pick hits carrying over from ball to ball.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This is the route I took also. Like it better. I have only gotten a band member mode started once so far and it was stacked with crank it up so I couldn't even tell it was running until after the ball drained and I saw the total on the DMD. Pretty anti-climatic

My biggest criticism of the game now is that fuel, seek and destroy, and apparently the band mode don't feel very well tied to the rest of the game. For me, more often than not I don't even realize that one of those modes have started. (Interestingly I don't feel this way about justice scoring.) seek and destroy in particular feels like something that you don't want to start since it makes all of the inserts unlit. I sent in a suggestion that you get a global score modifier for the rest of the ball if you finish seek and destroy.

Also combos aren't really worth going for, except for the hammer.

I still don't understand the blown piston rule.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Just got a 63m super jp in blackened and a total of 98m for the mode. Animations seemed really cool. Im not really sure what all was going on. Almost got it a second time that game and drained out with one more pick to light....
I think someone else mentioned this too, but the animations seemed very 4horseman themed more than blankened... I was stacked up with fuel so i dont think i ever heard the blackened song anyways.
Is there design history here i dont know about where they were gonna have a 4 horseman mode?

This is what I've heard. Borg wanted to add 3 songs, four horsemen for the band feature, my apocalypse for casket MB and one for the fans to vote. Instead we got the two fan vote songs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zucot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-metallica-code-up?tu=zucot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.