4 Balls in the Graveyard.JPG
image-104.jpg
llll.jpg
2014-06-13 15.31.02.jpg
2014-06-13 18.24.25.jpg
image-235.jpg
image-885.jpg
image-552.jpg
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 9 years ago

Just updated mine to 1.6

Not sure if it's a coincidence or not but now I have a vertical line in my DMD constantly on .

FFS Stern !! This kind of shit really pisses me off !!

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Love the new code and how they have adjusted both coffin progression and made later CIU modes more obtainable. Also LOVE Blackened mode. Pulled a ton of points out of it tonight with 2x scoring getting the SJP for 50+ mil. While the mode is great with the DMD animations and lighting, you can really score high when stacking it with multiballs.

image-104.jpg 177 KB

Wow, 98 million just from Blackened

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow, 98 million just from Blackened

Thanks. I was lucky to get cross MB right after starting the mode. Then after draining to one ball, got coffin MB right after with Blackened still running. Then had 2x scoring running when I collected the SJP. Pretty lucky to be honest as I am not that great of a player.

Key to huge scoring in the mode is getting MBs. While they take away from the cool fx, they really help with the scoring.

Next game, I got back into Blackened and got about 5 mil in the mode. That's more my speed...

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Just updated mine to 1.6
Not sure if it's a coincidence or not but now I have a vertical line in my DMD constantly on .
FFS Stern !! This kind of shit really pisses me off !!

I don't think that has anything to do with the code update. Sounds more like a dead LED in one of the LED blocks which then knocks out an entire line. It is repairable, you just have to replace the 8x8 LED block that has the dead LED in it. If the machine is still under warranty, it should be repaired or replaced under warranty. Same thing happened to me and it was fixed without any issues.

#205 9 years ago

I am loving the new code, have put some good scores up already, I have even beaten my previous record of three balls getting stuck on the cross magnet 4 Balls in the Graveyard.JPG4 Balls in the Graveyard.JPG

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintoxicated:

I don't think that has anything to do with the code update. Sounds more like a dead LED in one of the LED blocks which then knocks out an entire line. It is repairable, you just have to replace the 8x8 LED block that has the dead LED in it. If the machine is still under warranty, it should be repaired or replaced under warranty. Same thing happened to me and it was fixed without any issues.

Yeah it's definitely not code related .. lol . just an uncanny coincidence .
Little bit annoyed that I get the new code in it and can't really enjoy it because the line always on is distracting me and pissing me off .
Don't think it's still under warranty but I'll call AMD on Monday and see about getting it repaired .

#207 9 years ago

My distributor told me displays were under warranty for 2 years they replaced one after a year so check is my answer

#208 9 years ago

Collect band members question. Do you have to hit the 4 pick targets twice to collect them?

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

anybody else have an issue with sparky registering hits when ball is no where near him since update?

Clean the optos and check the wiring on them...could be dirt or flaky wire causing one or the other to not work and register switch opposite of what it should be. Sounds like a short in a wire or a loose connector to me.

Quoted from zucot:

I still don't understand the blown piston rule.

Hitting pop bumpers X times will "blow" a piston and light one of the small orange inserts for the fuel lane. Shooting the fuel lane awards you a point bouns based on how many of those are lit (max 3) and awards the blown pistons for each insert.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Yep, I cant wait to get my new Meatallica "purple monster" premium. It having a few add ons put on before I get it, and newton/captive ball was one of the add ons. Not one ball with the Block! Anyways, captive/newton ball was suppose to be here anyways, just like powder coat armor like AC/DC and Star Trek got it and Metallica didn't, if its not there, then i'll put it there. Thankful for a company like pinball refinery to be able to get your game the way you see it out of the box. Candy purple powder coat is money on this model!!

llll.jpg 59 KB

Pinball refinery rocks! Gio is such a cool cat! Enjoy the new beast!

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Collect band members question. Do you have to hit the 4 pick targets twice to collect them?

I believe that the default setting is twice for the first band member and "+1 additional completion" for each one after , making the last one 5 times. I changed mine to start at 1 and progress from there. You will see blackened a lot more. SJP callout is intense!

EZ

#212 9 years ago

I like my 466million grand champion too much to get bew code at the moment lol

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

they should be paying you for advertising.

They don't need any advertising, I'am just excited about getting my first ever new machine.

#214 9 years ago

Just got a 63m super jp in blackened and a total of 98m for the mode. Animations seemed really cool. Im not really sure what all was going on. Almost got it a second time that game and drained out with one more pick to light....

I think someone else mentioned this too, but the animations seemed very 4horseman themed more than blankened... I was stacked up with fuel so i dont think i ever heard the blackened song anyways.

Is there design history here i dont know about where they were gonna have a 4 horseman mode?

#215 9 years ago

141 million Fade to Black score. Take that!

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I did 544 my first ball new code... mhee 8/

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

That gc score isn't *that* high and your machine is getting the update - especially since it's here right now. Lol

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Just got a 63m super jp in blackened and a total of 98m for the mode. Animations seemed really cool. Im not really sure what all was going on. Almost got it a second time that game and drained out with one more pick to light....
I think someone else mentioned this too, but the animations seemed very 4horseman themed more than blankened... I was stacked up with fuel so i dont think i ever heard the blackened song anyways.
Is there design history here i dont know about where they were gonna have a 4 horseman mode?

This is what I've heard. Borg wanted to add 3 songs, four horsemen for the band feature, my apocalypse for casket MB and one for the fans to vote. Instead we got the two fan vote songs.

#219 9 years ago

My prior GC was 372 million. Kissed it goodbye with the update.

#220 9 years ago

I tried out the code a few times and had a weird glitch where my flippers completely stopped working and my ball drained. I'm not sure why this would happen. I didn't tilt it btw.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

I am loving the new code, have put some good scores up already, I have even beaten my previous record of three balls getting stuck on the cross magnet
4 Balls in the Graveyard.JPG 248 KB

nice
in the scoop, i got 3 (and 4 on the TRON, the 4th ball not completly all in, not enough space)

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

I tried out the code a few times and had a weird glitch where my flippers completely stopped working and my ball drained. I'm not sure why this would happen. I didn't tilt it btw.

Check reseat the connections on both sides of your ball trough (s). If the connections are loose ive gotten the trough telling the game that the ball has drained. That triggers the end of ball sequence and flippers off.

I have to do this periodically on both my pins. Quick fix and it seems to clear up the problem.

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Yes, my understanding is that was the song planned and then the fan voting thing happened instead, so not really surprising. Honestly the theme of Blackened is pretty apocalyptic, so seems like a fine fit to me, even though I haven't seen the new animations yet.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

Mines done this before! as mentioned above re-seat trough connectors and problem fixed if you have a shaker that will shake the connectors loose.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That gc score isn't *that* high and your machine is getting the update - especially since it's here right now. Lol

But im bad at pinball and that is awesome for me.

Lol damnit i forgot you had it.

RIP only good score i ever had!

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

But im bad at pinball and that is awesome for me.
Lol damnit i forgot you had it.
RIP only good score i ever had!

Not True at All!!!!! Ive met you wife!! Thats prob the best score of your life..!!

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, my understanding is that was the song planned and then the fan voting thing happened instead, so not really surprising. Honestly the theme of Blackened is pretty apocalyptic, so seems like a fine fit to me, even though I haven't seen the new animations yet.

I was playing so i didnt get lots of details, but basically it starts with the four guys on horseback and lots of horses galloping across the screen when u hit shots.. I have no idea what the rules for blackened are. May have to play with glass off to figure it out

#228 9 years ago

Loving this game. No blackened yet.image-129.jpgimage-129.jpg

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I've noticed my coffin magnet is catching the ball alot better after the 1.6 update anyone else noticed this? I was going to change my LE to the captive ball set up but will leave the block in now. Overall great code update.

What do you mean by the "block" thing?

#230 9 years ago

I had one phantom hammer today, but the next time the ball passed the magnet is grabbed it and pulled it in. Good stuff.

#231 9 years ago

I didn't realize I had a light behind the coffin captive ball until this code? seriously, super cool to see that flashing

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I didn't realize I had a light behind the coffin captive ball until this code? seriously, super cool to see that flashing

Me neither.....it doesn't flash it more glows from dim to bright to dim again....though I know it's a flasher bulb. Cool effect though.

#233 9 years ago

The internal struggle... Have the USB flash ready to go... Put in.. Take out... Put in... Take out. I can't bring myself to update. I have no idea why this is so painful... Ahhhhhh somebody help me!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#234 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

The internal struggle... Have the USB flash ready to go... Put in.. Take out... Put in... Take out. I can't bring myself to update. I have no idea why this is so painful... Ahhhhhh somebody help me!!!

Why would you not, because of your high score? I always take a picture of my Grand Champs scores so I have to reference if I ever have to wipe them off, I like reseting every now and then my scores get too high for me to easily beat, almost more fun to start over sometimes.

#235 9 years ago

New code with new rules > any score.

Besides, it seems like the new code has more scoring opportunities, so you'll probably end up higher anyways.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Why would you not, because of your high score? I always take a picture of my Grand Champs scores so I have to reference if I ever have to wipe them off, I like reseting every now and then my scores get too high for me to easily beat, almost more fun to start over sometimes.

Yeah. I am very competitive so I like trying to beat my high scores. Often i put my kids names in if they are cheering me on. I have never really updated code or reset High scores in the past. I just realized my SM is still at 2.5 and now there is 2.61. Time to turn over a new leaf I guess. Gonna do it... Or maybe not

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I've noticed my coffin magnet is catching the ball alot better after the 1.6 update anyone else noticed this?

Yes, I definitely notice the difference. It always catches the ball now. I'm wondering if the board was ever really bad?

#238 9 years ago

I don't think the magnet is working differently than on 1.5. I dont think it has software control other than enable and disable. When enabled, the magnet mech has an internal switch. When switch activates, so does the magnet. Software doesn't get to impact how well this works. Only enable or disable.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

image.jpg 107 KB

This time leave it total factory settings and don't set replay as extra ball.

You're obviously a good player, keep it three balls.

That's the ticket!!

rd.

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

What do you mean by the "block" thing?

The block I'm referring to is the "cube" behind the coffin magnet under the hammer

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

This time leave it total factory settings and don't set replay as extra ball.
You're obviously a good player, keep it three balls.
That's the ticket!!
rd.

Haha nice comment. I don't set replay to extra ball... Just free game. I like the idea of having a reward for getting to a high enough score. I have it set to 300,000,000 right now for extra ball. Yeah I don't really need it but being a competitive guy I like setting a high goal to get to that reward. Each to his own, I guess. But just for your "ticket" I will keep it factory for awhile first

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Haha nice comment. I don't set replay to extra ball... Just free game. I like the idea of having a reward for getting to a high enough score. I have it set to 300,000,000 right now for extra ball. Yeah I don't really need it but being a competitive guy I like setting a high goal to get to that reward. Each to his own, I guess. But just for your "ticket" I will keep it factory for awhile first

Being competitive, if you keep it stock standard, you'll be able to compare your score with KME and other top players who also keep their games stock standard. (Or maybe even have no extra balls at all)

With Metallica in particular, the last ball (which is the "extra" ball..) is the gravy ball. Because the previous 4 balls (3 stock plus extra from the scoop) have set everything up for the 5th ball to cream it.

rd.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Being competitive, if you keep it stock standard, you'll be able to compare your score with KME and other top players who also keep their games stock standard. (Or maybe even have no extra balls at all)

With Metallica in particular, the last ball (which is the "extra" ball..) is the gravy ball. Because the previous 4 balls (3 stock plus extra from the scoop) have set everything up for the 5th ball to cream it.
rd.

K- done. You have me convinced. I am gonna update my code, keep it standard and rock some big scores. Stay tuned...

#244 9 years ago

Wow... New code is pretty sweet! my first game over 300,000,000 and factory settings with wide outlanes. Still a far cry from my 800,000,000 but I got blackened and it went SDTM. blackened started while I was in CIU mode on my last ball and I had to look up to see the band rip off their faces with skeleton's underneath... So cool it was actually worth losing the game and the ball.... Well not really.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#245 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What markmon said - where it at?
I threw my instrumental songs back in and noticed that most of the song positions shifted up by 1 (I think it was after the first 2)

Eric is correct...Battery and Blackened are the same request positions as v1.5, and the rest of the songs moved up one position. Example: Creeping Death went from 701 to 702.

The Mystery kickout sound seems to be request #100 on both versions, but they are slightly different. The old version seems to have a higher pitch and faster pace. It would be pretty easy to export the sound from 1.5 and import to 1.6

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The Mystery kickout sound seems to be request #100 on both versions, but they are slightly different. The old version seems to have a higher pitch and faster pace. It would be pretty easy to export the sound from 1.5 and import to 1.6

Did that just then due to you finding the request. Thanks mate. Old kickout sound now installed

#247 9 years ago

I need to get back into the browser and change out Sad But True and Unforgiven for Harvester of Sorrow and Welcome Home.

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I need to get back into the browser and change out Sad But True and Unforgiven for Harvester of Sorrow and Welcome Home.

I put Sanitarium in place of Unforgiven also. Same running time made it an obvious swap choice.

#249 9 years ago

my third game on new code was 285mm. Best game ever. Ball stacking on hammer is great. At one point I had all of the multi balls finished and they were all blinking. Didn't know what to do. :p

#250 9 years ago

Oh well, seeing as we're having a pissing contest (lol) this was my third game on the new code.

Not a bad first ball.

image-723.jpgimage-723.jpg

It included a 135m Fade to Black and a few nice multiballs. No Blackened in this game but I was a few picks away from the 4th member.

Then I had to leave to get to a job and didn't finish the game. Oh well, another day tomorrow.

rd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
7,600 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-metallica-code-up/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.