20170715_153308 (resized).jpg
MOP (resized).JPG
Met LE (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
MET1_(resized).jpg
There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 7 years ago

The spinners and the snake you relight by banging the closed jaw are both good differences in the premium, IMHO

#202 7 years ago

I absolutely love my premium, but the snake head does reject a lot of balls. I don't recall any of the pro's I have played doing that.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I absolutely love my premium, but the snake head does reject a lot of balls. I don't recall any of the pro's I have played doing that.

How does it reject shots? You mean shots that don't make it all the way in? I call those "missed shots"

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't agree at all. To each their own, but from a players perspective you don't see the block or ball either way. The downside of the the captive ball is that it *can* cause nasty airballs on the premium due to the way the ball rolls over the magnet core. For some it's maybe not a problem, but for others it has been. On my old playfield it was a problem so I put the block back.
Rob

Hmm - that's too bad. I put the captive ball on my LE and its smooth as silk. Never had an airball from that shot.

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

How does it reject shots? You mean shots that don't make it all the way in? I call those "missed shots"

Nah the snake mouth does tend to bounce out a lot of direct shots unless you tweak it a bit. I put some washers under the playfield to lower the snake mech by like a millimeter or so - and just that small change makes all the difference. The snake shots gobble right up and are very satisfying.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah the snake mouth does tend to bounce out a lot of direct shots unless you tweak it a bit. I put some washers under the playfield to lower the snake mech by like a millimeter or so - and just that small change makes all the difference. The snake shots gobble right up and are very satisfying.

I added fangs and a tongue decal but haven't tweaked a thing. Solid shots stay in, weak ones that don't clear the tongue dribble out. I don't recall ever having a solid shot bounce back out even one time.

#207 7 years ago

True, but on a pro those weak shots fall in.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Exactly. I shared that tip with smassa a few years ago. He said it made a big difference. Sounds like he probably shared it with a few other folks

#209 7 years ago

A direct clean shot will almost always stay in the snake. What I see mostly is when you graze it off the captive ball to bank it in, it will go all the way into the snake head and bounce out. But that shot does work, but only about 25-50% of the time.

#210 7 years ago

Here's a pretty good show of the new code on a premium. 486 million point game including a 231 million Fade to Black:

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Here's a pretty good show of the new code on a premium. 486 million point game including a 231 million Fade to Black:
» YouTube video

Good one

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

» YouTube video

Great video. Super sticky flipper rubbers on there. Loved seeing the doubled ciu play

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't agree at all. To each their own, but from a players perspective you don't see the block or ball either way. The downside of the the captive ball is that it *can* cause nasty airballs on the premium due to the way the ball rolls over the magnet core. For some it's maybe not a problem, but for others it has been. On my old playfield it was a problem so I put the block back.
Rob

The captive ball isnt about being seen. It's about the way the shot works. It's pretty cool and fun to aim the captive ball ricochet into the snake or even up the left ramp. These are pretty easy intentional shots off the captive ball (at least into the snake). These things are few and far between with the block.

If you get air balls due to the magnet, I would adjust the magnet to be more level. Another option is to use the captive ball style where the ball is on a stick rather than the stern captive ball. That can be raised slightly by putting a couple washers on the ball before poking through the playfield. This would raise the center point to avoid air balls.

#214 7 years ago

What adjustments do you guys make to the game? I'm looking at possibly making it easier to get to the CIU modes. I also don't seem to make it to blackend very often either. It would be nice to one day see eotl, but I doubt I'll get 4 CIU in one game.

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

What adjustments do you guys make to the game? I'm looking at possibly making it easier to get to the CIU modes. I also don't seem to make it to blackend very often either. It would be nice to one day see eotl, but I doubt I'll get 4 CIU in one game.

You can adjust the number of items needed for each CIU and the picks needed for Blackened. You could also adjust the number of balls per game or set extra ball tiers. You could move the outlane posts in to decrease drains.

Set it up so you enjoy it-there's lots to see in the game

#216 7 years ago

I tried to change the number of CIUs needed, but can't figure out which adjustment it is. Any idea?

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I tried to change the number of CIUs needed, but can't figure out which adjustment it is. Any idea?

It's the series of choices that say something like "Hits to Snake for CIU, Hits to Coffin for CIU" ...something like that, sorry the game's not nearby at the moment - but you'll see that each one has a factory setting of "15". Those are the ones to change.

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's the series of choices that say something like "Hits to Snake for CIU, Hits to Coffin for CIU" ...something like that, sorry the game's not nearby at the moment - but you'll see that each one has a factory setting of "15". Those are the ones to change.

Thanks!

#219 7 years ago

Debating changing it to 10, but might throw off the entire balance of the game.

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Try it, if you don't like it, change it back. IMO, it balances it quite well. It doesn't make CIU a gimme, but it makes them more common - which I think is important considering those are really the game's "modes" in a multiball heavy game.

#221 7 years ago

Does 93 mb sound correct for file size

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

I think when I updated it was more like 136

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

It's 98.4MB

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I prefer to make the extra ball rewards slightly easier, instead of easing the CIU rules. Lyman designed them that way for a reason, so I don't like to mess with any programmer's original intention. I keep the scoring rules default.

But if you ease the EB rewards, you still have to make the required shots plus the scoop shot to get the ball. So there's still skill involved in getting them, and there's no guarantee. And I set the max EB reward at 5 per game.

I lowered the replay EB reward from 20M to fixed at 10M, blown piston EB from 10 to 5, light EB special reward at 2 collected picks instead of 3, and coffin hit EB reward from 50 to 25.

With that said, I still have never made it to End of the Line. And my scoring rules are exactly as Lyman intended. The Extra balls are there for the taking if I can make my shots. Just gives me a better chance of getting to the wizard mode.

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Technically you need 5 CIU to get to EoL.

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Great video. Super sticky flipper rubbers on there.

I've said that to Tuna also and only use regular rubber on my games since trying them out and watching Tuna put up 500 Mil on mine Super bands are extra grippy.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Lyman designed them that way for a reason, so I don't like to mess with any programmer's original intention.

Lord Lyman blessed us with 8 billion option settings. Had Lord Lyman wanted you to only play one specific way, he would not have given you free will over the settings. Is Lord Lyman testing us? Am I sinning by changing settings!?!?! Am I destined to pinball hell (EMs for eternity ) !?!?!

#228 7 years ago

I tried to install the code today and I keep getting error 3 code. Sometimes it stops when it's most of the way through 1/2 and somtimes half way through 2/2. Not sure what's going on. Any ideas would be very welcome.

#229 7 years ago

great stuff... Bye bye high scores and hello pinball browser.... Again

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

I tried to install the code today and I keep getting error 3 code. Sometimes it stops when it's most of the way through 1/2 and somtimes half way through 2/2. Not sure what's going on. Any ideas would be very welcome.

Try a different USB drive? Transfer speed or other variables may be in play.

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

First let it do a verification first. That will tell you if it's the USB drive or not. Otherwise you may have a bad flash sector and be screwed. I'd see what number it stops on. I have a board that always dies at 73mb. Has to go in for repair.

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In addition make sure the usb drive is formatted in Fat32 not NTFS. I have seen some weird errors with NTFS formatted drives, not always but does happen.

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Our league machine is set to 5 each, scores and ball times still fine. Don't be afraid to change them and try it out. Going back is simple.

#234 7 years ago

Have people found new mystery special awards?

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

First let it do a verification first. That will tell you if it's the USB drive or not. Otherwise you may have a bad flash sector and be screwed. I'd see what number it stops on. I have a board that always dies at 73mb. Has to go in for repair.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks I'll try this on Monday when I get back

2 weeks later
#236 7 years ago

Hi all,
I updated the code in my machine but realized something must have changed from the previous code (1.70) for extra ball defaults. I never changed my machine defaults before and with the new update, I havent seen an extra ball. To be honest, I dont know how I was getting eta balls before? would have been the easiest setting as I ve seen new players get it lit in a game. Any help apprecaited!

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from kiwi:

Hi all,
I updated the code in my machine but realized something must have changed from the previous code (1.70) for extra ball defaults. I never changed my machine defaults before and with the new update, I havent seen an extra ball. To be honest, I dont know how I was getting eta balls before? would have been the easiest setting as I ve seen new players get it lit in a game. Any help apprecaited!

most likely it is extra balls from hitting the coffin captive ball shot that you are referring to, i have not done the code update so i cant tell you if there are changes there but i do know mine started at two hits to get extra ball lit and has slowly creeped up from there to i believe it is 13 hits now to lite extra ball. i assume this is due to game setting and extra balls awarded vs. games played similar to the match percentage settings

#238 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

most likely it is extra balls from hitting the coffin captive ball shot that you are referring to, i have not done the code update so i cant tell you if there are changes there but i do know mine started at two hits to get extra ball lit and has slowly creeped up from there to i believe it is 13 hits now to lite extra ball. i assume this is due to game setting and extra balls awarded vs. games played similar to the match percentage settings

Ah, thanks for that. Thats most likely it. I'll check and see what the new default it.. (maybe I'm not hitting it enough). Ive probably only played 30 games on the new code.

#239 7 years ago

So I'm trying to update code and every time I insert a USB drive the machine starts resetting over and over. I've tried multiple USB drives. Anybody know why this is happening?

#240 7 years ago

If anyone is willing, I am not good at tech stuff and wanted to swap 3 songs on the new code. PM if you'd be willing to swap the songs out for me.

#241 7 years ago

FYI I talked with Lyman at pinburgh about using the arrow RGB inserts to indicate when the spinners are lit for 100k and he is going to do it.

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

FYI I talked with Lyman at pinburgh about using the arrow RGB inserts to indicate when the spinners are lit for 100k and he is going to do it.

Great
...there go all my high scores again!

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

So I'm trying to update code and every time I insert a USB drive the machine starts resetting over and over. I've tried multiple USB drives. Anybody know why this is happening?

Cheap USB drives? Formatted NTFS instead of FAT?

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cheap USB drives? Formatted NTFS instead of FAT?

no, I picked up a few new sandisk drives different sizes and speeds. All formatted FAT, tried from both mac and pc
Need to call Stern back on it, maybe nobody else had the issue

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

So another update is coming? Sweet!

#246 7 years ago

If anybody can talk to Lyman if possible Tron pro is missing callouts for super spinners, super pops and double scoring which the LE has.

It's hard enough to tell as is with the tiny time bars.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

no, I picked up a few new sandisk drives different sizes and speeds. All formatted FAT, tried from both mac and pc

Sandisk has a serious problem with counterfeits that do weird things. Did you try any other brands?

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

I seem to recall someone had a similar issue and it was because an e-prom had a bent leg.

Rob

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Should have asked about ACDC code too while you were at it...

Rob

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sandisk has a serious problem with counterfeits that do weird things. Did you try any other brands?

no, I'll try that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 149.00
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-metallica-code-is-live/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.