20170715_153308 (resized).jpg
MOP (resized).JPG
Met LE (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
MET1_(resized).jpg
There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Oh.....wait.....I just bought a Kiss pro Here's hoping Stern drops a HUGE 4th of July update, since it's going to be a long holiday weekend,for some other ones. Hint

Yep...sound like a Kiss owner already

#52 7 years ago

Thanks to those that made it happen.!!!

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep...sound like a Kiss owner already

But they only drop new code on Friday afternoon

#54 7 years ago

Lots of love coming from Stern with this code update, well coming from from Lyman, we all know. But releasing a revision with bug fixes and improvements is A+ in my book. Trying it tonight - you rock Lyman. This is what comes to mind ...

MET1_(resized).jpgMET1_(resized).jpg

#55 7 years ago

Well, it looks like my holiday weekend just got better.

Red, white, blue and thank you!!

#56 7 years ago

Great

I'm only buying Lyman pins from now on. I bailed out of GB because of that. I'd rather go with TWD I think.

I'd love if IM and ACDC were updated somewhat, it'd be great if some mode on ACDC would use upper and lower PF at the same time and lower PF was better integrated.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great
I'm only buying Lyman pins from now on. I bailed out of GB because of that.
I'd love if IM and ACDC were updated somewhat, it'd be great if some mode on ACDC would use upper and lower PF at the same time and lower PF was better integrated.

Me to i cancelled gb also and wish imve ,acdc wld get some love ...especially acdc

#58 7 years ago

I was thinking Lyman has not had a game release since TWD and SMVE but that was not a whole new game.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I bailed out of GB because of that.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Me to i cancelled gb also and wish imve ,acdc wld get some love ...especially acdc

Gb is code complete and really never needs an update. No reason not to buy the game. It may get some additional updates in the future but it's a complete game with polish as it stands today. Code on gb is very good. This will be your loss.

#60 7 years ago

I'm not saying GB is not complete but I think Lyman is a superior rules guy, plus no video modes (always pick bacon BS).

I don't like any video modes in pinball games, I've got iPhone or computer for video games.

#61 7 years ago

Met has no video mode.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not saying GB is not complete but I think Lyman is a superior rules guy, plus no video modes (always pick bacon BS).

The gb code is very good though. The rules are fun.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Met has no video mode.

Although I do enjoy shootin some pleasure crafters in FT

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Gb is code complete and really never needs an update. No reason not to buy the game. It may get some additional updates in the future but it's a complete game with polish as it stands today. Code on gb is very good. This will be your loss.

Not a fan of the code on g.o.t or gb. Im a huge fan of acdc, met and twd and the way its coded. Nothing wrong with others ,.just preference i guess and i think many wld agree that Lyman just has a way with coding and makeing a game really great.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

U really think gb is complete? I hope not bc it seems like its missing alot of sound / speech and the scoring and all the superjackpots seem really odd? It also doesn't seem like the transition between things is super smooth

#66 7 years ago

HELL YEAH Stern!! This is the kind of polish I want to see. This is awesome and I really wasn't expecting Metallica to get another update.

#67 7 years ago

Hmmm, I guess I will wait a few days and see if any bugs got missed.
Nice to see additional speech calls, non-expected update on Stern's (or Lyman's) behalf.
There definitely were some nuggets on this update.

#68 7 years ago

Great to see, will load and play tonight.

I also hope they fix the speech/music attenuation issue....you need to be able to crank up the music on this pin!

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not a fan of the code on g.o.t or gb. Im a huge fan of acdc, met and twd and the way its coded. Nothing wrong with others ,.just preference i guess and i think many wld agree that Lyman just has a way with coding and makeing a game really great.

Fair enough. I also prefer Lymans code. I did not like game of thrones code. I ended up selling my game of thrones after a couple of months because it went unplayed after I beat it. Gb has a lot more to do.

#70 7 years ago

Damn, where's the band member modes?

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Damn, where's the band member modes?

Isn't that what Blackened is? You hit the standup pick targets to collect bandmembers, then when it's done Blackened starts? Or was there supposed to be something else implemented?

#72 7 years ago

One test game on the new code. Why is the test game always a good game?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#73 7 years ago

Thank you Stern and Lyman!!! Can't wait to play the new code.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

One test game on the new code. Why is the test game always a good game?

Uh.. That's beyond "good", man.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Any tricks to uploading code with the Color DMD? I ask, because I did the install as usual, had the machine see and verify the code via the thumb drive and when I chose Yes to continue, a Color DMD screen comes up and not the usual step 1-3 screen. There's no progress screen like I saw prior to the Color DMD add on.

Sounds like you have a bad download. Have you used that same thumbdrive before to update? If so, try to download it again.

#76 7 years ago

Awesome news. Great game just got better. Absolutely no need for any negativity in this thread or to compare it to GB. Let's all be happy.

#77 7 years ago

I am with the others; too bad they didn't include a fix for the music attenuation bug.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sounds like you have a bad download. Have you used that same thumbdrive before to update? If so, try to download it again.

It wound up being a bad thumb drive. I uploaded to a second thumb drive and had no problems.

#79 7 years ago

I might be in the minority here but somehow I feel 1.63 played a little better. Also been getting a few hammer misfires now under the new code even with the new board installed, maybe that was just a coincidence. So any tips on settings tweaking for the 1.7? Thanks

#80 7 years ago

This was quite unexpected, given that the current (now previous) code for Metallica was probably the most complete of the 'holy quartet' (AC/DC, ST, TWD & MET).

Ultimately, I suspect these delays at Stern may result in much better and more finished code, with the release cadence for major titles surely slowing.

Hopefully ST and AC/DC are next. The former could definitely do with a bunch of bug fixes and some final polish and theme integration, and it'd be great to have the latter's modes rebalanced and scoring adjusted and what ever Lyman's 'final notes' on it are implemented.

#81 7 years ago

Where's the new call outs?

Maybe I misunderstand the code, but shouldn't there be one when sparky mb is ready? And when you relight the snake? I've played 20 games and haven't heard anything new.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Maybe I misunderstand the code, but shouldn't there be one when sparky mb is ready? And when you relight the snake? I've played 20 games and haven't heard anything new.

I've heard other people say this as well. Do you have a pro or premium? Has anyone heard any of the new call outs and if so on which version?

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

This was quite unexpected, given that the current (now previous) code for Metallica was probably the most complete of the 'holy quartet' (AC/DC, ST, TWD & MET).
Ultimately, I suspect these delays at Stern may result in much better and more finished code, with the release cadence for major titles surely slowing.
Hopefully ST and AC/DC are next. The former could definitely do with a bunch of bug fixes and some final polish and theme integration, and it'd be great to have the latter's modes rebalanced and scoring adjusted and what ever Lyman's 'final notes' on it are implemented.

Lol did you really just put ST in the same catagory as ACDC, TWD & Metallica?

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Lol did you really just put ST in the same catagory as ACDC, TWD & Metallica?

Frankly I think it's the best of the 4, and I have a Luci.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've heard other people say this as well. Do you have a pro or premium? Has anyone heard any of the new call outs and if so on which version?

I have a pro

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Code wise??!?

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think I am going to throw up..... ew

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I think I am going to throw up..... ew

Immediately I liked it (MET) because it was simple and accessible. I hated TWD due to awful code, initially. ST in 3rd place, AC/DC in 2nd.

MET began to feel stale very quickly, compared with the others. I like Sparky, the art, the DMD animations, the Hammer on the Premium & LE and one or two of the shots ... but it's too simplistic, and whilst highly personal, most of the shots don't feel very satisfying. It's a decent game, but easily the weakest of the 4 for me. Light show is easily the poorest of the 4. Of the 4, it's now the only one I generally won't bother playing if I see it.

TWD is probably in the best state of the 4, but I find the pf art a little weak, lighting overly dominated by red, and slightly too bash heavy. Objectively I'd place it in #3 assuming AC/DC and ST get code updates, #1 if they get nothing - though going by personal taste I'd put it #3 regardless. I feel it would have been better as a widebody, given how highly populated the pf is, though I definitely do like it.

AC/DC, number 2 now, potentially number 1 depending on if and when code updates come for it and ST. Theme and music are great, best dots on DMD of any Stern (which actually look good in red). Luci cabinet and backglass look decent. Music doesn't get dull, unlike other music pins. Some great feeling shots. Scoring and modes are broken, but fun. Terrible, terrible pf art, ok light show. Canon is a crap design ... real shame it's not like TWD crossbow.

ST has a bit of everything. I think the pf art works well with the theme. Light show on Premium & LE is by far the best of any Stern machine. Cabinet art is decent on Premium & LE. LE is unquestionably the highest quality most featured package of any modern Stern. Shots mostly feel really good, and there's quite a bit of variety. Game doesn't have the horrendously imbalanced scoring of AC/DC, but then it's not quite so complex either. Buggy and could do with a few extra modes, but they can be added. It may not have the wow-factor in any singular respect of some other machines, but I think it's the most balanced modern Stern machine, and therefore best.

None of them are top 3 in my most favourite games (yet).

#89 7 years ago

Agree with you that ST is probably the better game (shot wise) than AcDc but I do feel that ST should have some more modes or things to do when you are not in a mode or to run concurrently with a mode (like the timed modes in SM) and probably ST multi-balls are not really that special. I agree that STLE/Premium (especially LE) is the best lighted game IMO. I find that ST of all the pins you listed was the most chopping wood (and maybe it's because the missions feel very similar, there could be one mission where it's a hurry up etc...

I think (IMO) Met is very great value (I have a pro) which probably is a good $3000 cheaper than a STLE and as well much cheaper than a highly modified AcDc premium, to me IM, Met pro and Tron (the trifecta) are all great value pins and fun in a simple and satisfying not too complex way. I realize Tron is not a value pin, I did buy one for $4700 but it's all ate up with mods now so it's no longer a great value pin. But it is kind of simple basic fun and satisfying, zen pin.

I wish IM had a bit more code such as mini-wizards if you complete a series of three of one mode (or something) like Tspp seems to have code on top of code. I know IM is a nice short simple game but it would be nice if there was a bit more to it. Could still be short but a little bit more garnish wouldn't hurt.

AcDc is really not the best looking pin, but the lower PF is really probably my favorite mini PF on any pin and I really like shooting the ball down there I just wish the code for the lower PF was better or more to it such as like on TZ or TSPP where you could be in a mode where both upper and lower PF are active at the same time.

AcDc code to me (and Met) are probably the best for myself. I really don't understand everything on most of my pins but just feels more satisfying on Met (especially) and AcDc whereas ST feels generic like the code was just written by ticking a bunch of boxes and calling it done (much like XM IMO) just missing a soul. This is why I find Tron fun even thought it's not anything like Tspp or AcDc for complexity it just fits together great. ST (as it stands) is just ok/good in the rules.

I don't have any time on TWD but it looks/sounds like it really shines in the rules but I am about sick of bash toys and this does seem like a very bashy pin.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Agree with you that ST is probably the better game (shot wise) than AcDc but I do feel that ST should have some more modes or things to do when you are not in a mode or to run concurrently with a mode (like the timed modes in SM) and probably ST multi-balls are not really that special. I agree that STLE/Premium (especially LE) is the best lighted game IMO. I find that ST of all the pins you listed was the most chopping wood (and maybe it's because the missions feel very similar, there could be one mission where it's a hurry up etc...

The magic of ST is it has incredibly advanced strategies available to make MONGO points... as well as being accessible to new players in both immediate satisfaction and relative success. But for the the really good players, it still has all those advanced strategies available from the level 3 modes, stacking with super modes, etc.

I think a lot of players just don't even know about the more advanced ST strategies because they immediately write them off as 'I'll never be able to do that' and don't even bother with that kind of play.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The magic of ST is it has incredibly advanced strategies available to make MONGO points... as well as being accessible to new players in both immediate satisfaction and relative success. But for the the really good players, it still has all those advanced strategies available from the level 3 modes, stacking with super modes, etc.
I think a lot of players just don't even know about the more advanced ST strategies because they immediately write them off as 'I'll never be able to do that' and don't even bother with that kind of play.

Thanks good point.

Too bad the rules doc had not been done for ST. I have no understanding of what you're talking about. I've not gone deep often enough to bust out a strategy.

On Tspp I may never get to the end but I can read the rules doc and a least visualize what's to be, ST to me is a bit of a black hole, but I can't help but think at least to me it lacks some magic, maybe it'll grow on me.

Met, Tron, ACDC didn't grow on me I just felt they're more complete or focused and liked them from day one.

#92 7 years ago

Sorry to interrupt on the met code thread with a met code response......... I *think* I heard a new quote....when and justice for all is lit, I heard "shoot the ramps.". Do t remember hearing that before? Maybe just hallucinating...

#93 7 years ago

@rai

I agree with a lot of what you say, and they definitely could do better with ST with some additional modes or variation.

I guess for me MET feels underwhelming compared to AC/DC and ST because all the shots are so easy to make, whilst simultaneously qualifying the MBs is so ... well ... boring. Maybe if I played it a bunch more and got deep into it, I'd forget about that. Now, it just feels like the core of the game is a bit simplistic for my tastes.

All 4 are good games, though. MET just happens to be my least favourite, and I think the other 3 can be and have been improved more by code changes.

IM / SM / XMEN / Tron etc, while some may feel good in terms of shots, I just can't get past the very basic movie themes.

.. and for the record, though I expected to hate it before I first played it (no fan of the show), TSPP is definitely Stern's top game still, in my book. I've played it little, but it's patently clear that there's so much to do on it, and I really appreciate that and the fantastic theme integration.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And all the while when I play my ST, I am constantly disappointed by how lacking it is of polish. It really ruins the game for me (and I wish it didn't).

Rob

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Same here. Only ever heard "shoot the ramps!" At first I thought maybe somehow I had the wrong file. Nope. Maybe I need to play more to hear them...

Also, about the music/speech attenuation.......I have no idea if it was part of the new update because I never really checked on the previous code, but in the adjustments menu there is music/speech attenuation adjustments. I turned the music to -20 to see what happens and the music is much louder during gameplay. Other than loudness, the only difference is after a ball drains the music cuts out and its silent. If the attenuation is set to 0 (factory setting) the music fades in the background then gets louder when the ball is released into the shooter lane.
Forgive me if this was part of the old code. Again I never really adjusted much in the menus to remember.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

And all the while when I play my ST, I am constantly disappointed by how lacking it is of polish. It really ruins the game for me (and I wish it didn't).
Rob

Lacking in what? The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is a deeper cast of custom voice. It lacks that vs the incredible integration that STTNG had. Once it added the multiple level modes (which each play different) and the medals.. it came into its own.

MET still has some gaps.. but is still a very fun game to play.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Same here. Only ever heard "shoot the ramps!" At first I thought maybe somehow I had the wrong file. Nope. Maybe I need to play more to hear them...
Also, about the music/speech attenuation.......I have no idea if it was part of the new update because I never really checked on the previous code, but in the adjustments menu there is music/speech attenuation adjustments. I turned the music to -20 to see what happens and the music is much louder during gameplay. Other than loudness, the only difference is after a ball drains the music cuts out and its silent. If the attenuation is set to 0 (factory setting) the music fades in the background then gets louder when the ball is released into the shooter lane.
Forgive me if this was part of the old code. Again I never really adjusted much in the menus to remember.

Yes that's what we were referring to, its been a 'bug' (?) since the first release. In order to turn up the background music, you need to turn up the main volume, otherwise it cuts out on the bonus count screen.

#98 7 years ago

Thanks Esoteric....that makes sense now.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Sorry to interrupt on the met code thread with a met code response......... I *think* I heard a new quote....when and justice for all is lit, I heard "shoot the ramps.". Do t remember hearing that before? Maybe just hallucinating...

Pretty sure shoot the ramps was there before.
unless I'm hallucinating

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I would say the very same about GOT. Dwight did a great job on both GB and GOT. Time will tell whether he's able to update them later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-metallica-code-is-live/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.