Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Jgel
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What should I do with my knowledge of an extra ball bug?”

• Let Stern know directly and tell no one else. 5 votes
      15%
    • Post it here for all to enjoy until its patched. 25 votes
      74%
    • Tell no one, use it to get a high score, laugh maniacally. 4 votes
      12%

(34 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

129184399445261342.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xedmada.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Hi All! First post to pinside, love it so far.

Im relatively new to the pinball obsession. I credit last year's Texas Pinball Festival in combination with a friends acquisition of a Fire Power for my, uh, "awakening?" Since then I have been happily obsessed and even got the lady more obsessed with playing than I am.

I recently discovered what I believe to be a bug in a newer Stern machine that reliably gives the player an extra ball when it shouldn't. Some quick searching leads me to believe no one knows about it, and I haven't decided what to do with this knowledge. I thought id create a poll to see what the community thinks.

#5 12 years ago

Really? Have I already committed a faux pas in my first post? Or is the notion of asking what I should do so unbearably boring that it doesn't warrant a post? I'm new to the community, and honestly curious as to what the culture would expect here.

An no, its not hitting the add-a-ball, and im quite certain the software on the machine has been updated in the past few months. Im new to the pinball community, not technology. =)

#7 12 years ago

Technically, it isn't even an extra ball. It launches a second ball in to play while you are actively playing, and I am certain it is not an intentional multiball.

#13 12 years ago

AC/DC Pro. Ive put about 6 hours on it already at my local arcade.

And it doesn't happen on its own. You have to actively do something to make it happen at a specific time.

#23 12 years ago

Since most votes are to share it, and its rather silly to go on posting about it without spilling the beans, Il just report what i've found. I'd bet they already have a fix for it in the pipeline any way, and if not, i'm sure the will now.

When plunging a ball, after making the skill shot and before hitting a bumper, if you press the lock bar's Fire button, the Ball Save is activated and auto-launches another ball in to play. Usually while your first is still in the bumper cluster.

It is actually activating the ball save feature, as the display shows "Ball Saved - Keep Shooting" and if you drain soon after it wont give you another one. I tried a number of combinations but making the skill shot and hitting Fire before a bumper seems to be the only reliable way to recreate the bug. I activated it numerous times and have a witness.

Of course, even with this knowledge I didn't have the ball control skills to make the leader board. =( This is one Fast game!

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

TheJesus said:The intial post just seems trolling like to me
    *sigh*

Didn't mean to troll, I honestly wanted some opinion before posting it. I don't really know this community yet and didn't want to jump on telling everyone how to steal a free ball if most people thought it would be wrong.

But hey, you are in Garland. Head over to Nickelrama and try it out for your self. They added some atrocious Guitar Hero machine next to it so id suggest bringing ear plugs or head phones. What a shame.

#39 12 years ago

Ive already emailed a couple of their support addresses to let them know. I work in software design and development as my day job, so I know all too well about the joys of software QC and in field bugs.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xedmada.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-member-quick-ethics-question?tu=xedmada and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.