(Topic ID: 2423)

By TheWindWalker

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KickIt.gif
    Pin2.jpg
    Pin1.jpg
    #1 13 years ago

Hey Everyone Im a Proud Owner of a Twilight Zone! My 1st Pinball Machine! I Went All Out Figured My 1st Pin Should Be a Great Title. I Cant Wait to Mod it After A Good Shopping Out. I Do Have One Question For Some Of You Pinball Veterans, On My TZ I Cant Adjust my Volume Down Past 8? I am Wondering If This Normal?

#2 13 years ago

Welcome. My first was TZ too just this past fall. It is normal unless you go into settings mode. Adjustments. Look for min volume override. They're ya go! Enjoy and welcome!

#3 13 years ago

Thanks So Much For Info! My Girlfriend Said it Was to Loud =x =)

#4 13 years ago

It is...... But when nobody is around. Dim the lights. Turn the volume back up. And let TZ come alive. It is an Excellent Machine once it opens up. I had to set mine for 5 ball play to enjoy it though.

#5 13 years ago

Yea 3 Ball Is a Challenge for Sure.

#6 13 years ago

Welcome to the forum, and to a great hobby! My first pin was a TZ as well. I bought it back in July, and now I own six. The wife isn't happy and I don't have any money left, but the game room is looking better and better!

#7 13 years ago

gweempose. I bet you forgot to update your collection????

#8 13 years ago

"gweempose. I bet you forgot to update your collection????"

If all goes as planned, my two latest acquisitions should be arriving tomorrow. I never update my collection until the pins are actually in my home. Don't want to jinx anything.

#9 13 years ago

Lol Insane I Think Already Know My Next Pin I Want to Buy, I am Thinking LOTR. Anyone have tips for cleaning a Smokey Machine... Smells/Looks Like My TZ was Deep in the Bowels of a Bar... Mean Greened Bath The Outside of the Cabinet and Sprayed a Bleach Mixture Lightly in The Cabinet and Cleaned with a Sponge... Unfort The Plastic Have Yellow From what I Believe would Be Smoke/Nicotine Staining... If Anyone Has Advice on Machines with This Condition Let Me Know Ive Done Some Reading but Maybe Someone Knows Some Inside Info =)

#10 13 years ago

Baking soda?

By the way, where do you reside?

#11 13 years ago

Some Pictures of the Pin

#12 13 years ago

Fail.

#13 13 years ago

I Reside in Massachusetts Near Boston.

#14 13 years ago

Grats on your TZ, thewindwalker! Welcome to the forums!

Which are your newest aquisitions gweempose?

#15 13 years ago

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.
    I would also put baking soda inside the cabinet.
    Novus1 is what you need to get to clean your pin. Do not use paper towels as they will scratch your plastics. Use microfiber towels from an auto parts store.

#16 13 years ago

Chamois cloth. You really can't go wrong, its not that expensive, and you can find them at just about any auto store like Sealclubber said. Works great on playfields during cleanings, and doesn't leave hairs behind like normal cloth towels.

I got a ton of them at a Pep Boys store, and got a free car wash bucket to boot (I use the bucket to catch my used cloths after a pin cleaning). I also throw my other pinball cleaning materials in there too (Novus, Q-Tips/cotton swabs, Turtle Wax paste, Windex, etc).

#17 13 years ago

Pinrestore.com has a spray that you spray inside the cab that kills allot of the odors. Havent read everyones posts so sorry if someone already stated this. Congrats on the TZ! I traded my TZ for a super nice LOTR and deeply regretted it. I gotta get me another TZ. Congrats!!

#18 13 years ago

Congratulations Windwalker!Welcome to pinside,we are 1 big family of pinheads here.

#19 13 years ago

WindWalker, I'm on the North Shore. Congrats on your TZ

#20 13 years ago

Nice score for a 1st game

#21 13 years ago

Gotta throw out my welcome too ... you won't find a friendlier if yet slightly "crazy" group of pinball folks.

KickIt.gifKickIt.gif

#22 13 years ago

"Which are your newest acquisitions, gweempose?"

I picked up a beautiful collector quality Tommy and a gorgeous STTNG. The latter is from tatman's collection. We moved it out of his basement this morning.

#23 13 years ago

Very nice pickups gweempose! I imagine the STTNG is flawless, if it came from tatman's collection. Grats on both.

#24 13 years ago

Brokedad,I can't wait to see what you put up next.

#25 13 years ago

I love this hobby.... A friend and I were speaking of LOTR today and now I am saying to myself "Better get a NIB before they are all gone"! I'm nuts I swear!

#26 13 years ago

Congrats on the Tz. Definitely a great starter pin that you will never lose money on. I sold mine and have always regretted it. someday will get another. welcome to this group . They will give you alot of great info.

#27 13 years ago

So I Am Online Looking at Some of the Pin Part Ordering Sites You Guys Recommend And I Want to Buy Everything.... ATM I Need To Get Some Molex Connectors Not Sure What Size I Need Either .93 .100 or .156 to Repin Some Connectors. Also Maybe a New Clear Plastic Set for Only 20$ Sounds Like a Deal... Plus Mine Are "Funky". A Yellow Lane Divider One Is Broken. And A New Edy Cable For Switch 26 =). Also A New Mylar Set For the Jet Bumpers and Stuff Once I Shop My Pin Out. BUT I Also Want Some Fuses Some Back Up Lights, New Leg Bolts a Rubber Kit (Not Sure If I Need It?) And The Tool To Repin Connectors. I'm Going Get New Balls But I Can Get Some Free Ones, I Know You Can Use 1' 1/16th Bearings and My Father is a Engineer So He Said He Will Order a Bunch For Me (You Guys Think Bearings Are Ok?) Also Like New Legs and Possibly Leg Tee Plates... I'm Going to Re Tap My Current Ones. Wall O Text Sorry You Guys

#28 13 years ago

Quote: "Brokedad,I can't wait to see what you put up next."

Well Robin wants the site PG-13 ... so IMHO that is:

1. No exposed nipples
    2. No genitals

OK=

Side boobs
    Butts (with nothing showing but cheeks)

#29 13 years ago

Hey Brokedad That Your Handle Cause You Spent All Your Money on Pins? =)

#30 13 years ago

Congrats on your first pin. Welcome to pinside!

#31 13 years ago

WindWalker, TZ was my second pin. Got it in early 2010. I hope you have plenty of room available--they tend to multiply quickly! My 6th should arrive next week! Welcome to pinside!

#32 13 years ago

Originally posted by TheWindWalker:

"So I am online looking at some of the pin part ordering sites you guys recommend ... A new eddy cable for switch 26 ..."

Ah, the dreaded switch 26. This is the sensor that detects if the next ball in the trough is the powerball. This switch can be a real pain in the ass. After working great for a long time, mine has recently started acting up again. I'm thinking about buying a brand new proximity board.

#33 13 years ago

So I Bought a Bunch Of Goodies For My Pin! 115$ Worth =) Cant Wait Till It Comes In. Yeah Gweempose I Went With a New Board Figured For a Quick Fix Hopefully Wont Ever Have To Deal With It Again. Now My Only Issue With My Pin Is The Reset and I am Confident I Can Work That One Out. I Am Also Addicted to This Site @.@ Best Community Ever!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-member and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.