(Topic ID: 29451)

New meaning to two-player (people don't know how to play pinball)

By rai

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jamespin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I was at Disney world saw Shrek at Hollywood studio and Tron at Animation hotel both were being played by two people one working each flipper. On Tron they were just hitting the flippers constantly. It's no wonder there are not a lot of pins on location.

#2 11 years ago

Sounds like they were trying to have some fun. No they are'nt PAPA players but, different strokes for different folks

#3 11 years ago

My daughter actually loves to play this way with me.

She is 4. She will say "Daddy, you do that one and i'll do this one."

I'm going to say no?

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm going to say no?

Yes. LOL

#5 11 years ago

My son and I have a lot of fun playing as a team and each working one flipper. He even has a "favorite side" depending on the game and which ramp shots are more fun to him. Try it some time, you might see the lighter side of pinball

#6 11 years ago

I'll take 2 kids on a flipper each over some "pro" beating the hell out of the machine .

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'll take 2 kids on a flipper each over some "pro" beating the hell out of the machine .

I couldn't agree more!

#8 11 years ago

Back in the golden arcade days- my friends and I would do this when we got down to the last of our quarters. One would get the first ball, the other the second and then would we share the third ball. Those were good days. We were always broke but still seemed to find the money to play.

#9 11 years ago

Its fun to play like that. We do it if we are bored. Paul Madison and I put up over 70 million on TF on split flippers. Tournament was starting so we had to drain and leave our EB too.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I was at Disney world saw Shrek at Hollywood studio and Tron at Animation hotel both were being played by two people one working each flipper. On Tron they were just hitting the flippers constantly. It's no wonder there are not a lot of pins on location.

Most of the more experienced players call that "split flipper".

#11 11 years ago

Split flipper can be fun! When I play with my nearly three year old daughter, she either mans the plunger or one of the flippers. As the more experienced player, I do my best to keep the ball alive on my side while she flips with absolutely no regard for what's going on. It's great though, she loves it and I get a kick out of her narrating the playfield. She gets very upset about the trapped ball!

The thing that annoys me is when somebody who has no money in a machine is hunched over the machine, playing the flippers anyway. At an arcade in Jersey there was a kid around 7 doing that at the Dark Knight table, which I was very excited to play. He was there for like at least a minute with me standing behind him. As kind of a gentle hint, I put my quarter up. Kid took my quarter and put it in the machine! I then had to explain to him that putting a quarter on a machine meant that somebody else wanted to play when you were done, and he kind of sheepishly ran away. Came back while I was playing, though -- it's obvious he hadn't seen a lot of pinball games.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My daughter actually loves to play this way with me.
    She is 4. She will say "Daddy, you do that one and i'll do this one."
    I'm going to say no?

If she loves it and you are spending quality time with her, how could you say no? I don't blame you. Enjoy those moments when they are young because they grow up fast. More Dads should share a game like that. : )

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

Back in the golden arcade days- my friends and I would do this when we got down to the last of our quarters. One would get the first ball, the other the second and then would we share the third ball. Those were good days. We were always broke but still seemed to find the money to play.

Yep....those were the days of collecting glass soda bottles for the return deposit and hitting the local arcade...2 games for a quarter

#14 11 years ago

Sounds like someone never spent time in an arcade not to have played played split flipper? Played enough with a buddy you actually could get pretty good at it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-meaning-to-two-player-people-dont-know-how-to-play-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.