1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Jblock22
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

With the new super Mario movie announcement I’m hoping stern gets going on a pin.

The old Mario game is absolute trash but still earns very well on route.

This would be a smash hit for location play!

O and let’s get that new South Park going.

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from V8haha:

The old Mario game is absolute trash but still earns very well on route.

It’s not “technically the worst.” I kinda like the way it shoots, but the rules could use a little refining.

A modern Mario game would absolutely kill it though.

#3 1 year ago

I loved having a Mario on route. That game is fine for a beginner though kinda dull for anyone halfway decent. I do like the upper flipper shot and the drop target drain protector. Great theme and simple to play = good route action.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Retheme the Munsters. Make Herman a Goomba/Bowser, dress up dragula like a green pipe, play the underground music when you're in the premium lower playfield, and change Spot to a piranha plant or similar.

It would be kinda funny if they did it after the movie, which means we'd have two Chris Pratt games. Jack Black is doing the voice of Bowser and he likes pinball. Maybe they could get him to do custom callouts in a theoretical Mario Movie pin.

#4 1 year ago

I just can’t get into pinball machines based upon video games.

I also can’t get into movies based on video games.

Thanks for listening.

#5 1 year ago

I hear you on Mario. I know Neil at wonderland has told me it’s his #1 pin most months, mostly due to kids, but if it earns, it earns. I would be most keen on a Zelda game though if they are going Nintendo at all.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just can’t get into pinball machines based upon video games.
    I also can’t get into movies based on video games.
    Thanks for listening.

I don't blame you. They've mostly been shit.

Mortal Kombat has some ok movies, but Mortal Kombat is also basically fighting movie clichés to begin with. So it's coming full circle when they make those movies.

But I think video games can lend themselves well to modern pinball game design. A modern pinball game is basically a video game with a really inaccurate method for inputting commands (shooting a ball at targets is sorta like playing a video game by tossing sand bags at a DDR mat). A lot of video games wouldn't translate well to pinball, but something as simple as Mario? The rules write themselves

Make some shots around the playfield to defeat some enemies, collect some coins, play the underground lower playfield on the premium, collect some powerups and play a multiball, reach a castle battle where you fight Bowser, find out the princess is in another castle...then repeat 7 more times make it slightly more difficult each time. (It'd almost be like TNA's gameplay loop of start a reactor, destroy a reactor, repeat 8 more times to beat the game.)

#7 1 year ago

Mario would be okay but Zelda would be a dream theme.

#8 1 year ago

Sooner or later someone is going to crack the Mario / Pokemon / Sonic nut !

10 months later
    #9 7 months ago

Rezzing this old thread. Let's go on that mario pinball machine! Looking for a home unit and this would do great with the family! Bring in the new code and mechs and throw insider on it and I could see it doing gangbusters.

Better yet, do a smash brothers pin and throw a ton of the licensed characters in it. could do fights akin to deadpool, cool toys, a master hand grab mech, etc.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mario-movie-lets-go-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.