(Topic ID: 138071)

New Machines

By PapaJohn

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I'm curious why home use people or even business would buy $7,000 dollar pin..other than the tax write-off in the business case, when other pins are available from years 1962 to 1982 that have easy to understand goals and their prices are very reasonable. Isn't it a bit hard to read the instruction cards, follow the ball with so many ramps and subways associated with the newer games and hear the audio in dim and loud environments? There will always be the 'player' who knows all about the game he's playing but the majority of others, in my opinion, will play once then give up and move on to skee ball or something.

#2 8 years ago

couldn't disagree more.

#3 8 years ago

I'm trying to figure out why somebody would order a pizza from Papa Johns when there are pricier but better tasting pizzas out there.

#4 8 years ago

no

#5 8 years ago

Agree with O-din - and this is just like cars too. Why would anyone buy a 30K or 40K car when there are perfectly functioning older cars that can be bought in the 3K-4K range. And the older, cheaper ones are less complex and easier to operate too. It's just so perplexing - it boggles the mind.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Why would anyone buy a 30K or 40K car when there are perfectly functioning older cars that can be bought in the 3K-4K range.

Because they can. In my case with room for 30 machines I don't have the need for an $8000 pinball machine.

#7 8 years ago

Shoot, who needs flippers when you got bagatelles??

#8 8 years ago

For me, a business, it's simple. Pins from 1962 to 1982 don't earn for me.

It doesn't matter how reasonable they are to acquire.

And there are some great games in that time frame. But I can't fill my business with things I like. I fill it with what works.

LTG : )™

#9 8 years ago

Why on earth would anyone want the new shiny toy?

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from PapaJohn:

I'm curious why home use people or even business would buy $7,000 dollar pin..other than the tax write-off in the business case, when other pins are available from years 1962 to 1982 that have easy to understand goals and their prices are very reasonable. Isn't it a bit hard to read the instruction cards, follow the ball with so many ramps and subways associated with the newer games and hear the audio in dim and loud environments? There will always be the 'player' who knows all about the game he's playing but the majority of others, in my opinion, will play once then give up and move on to skee ball or something.

Why?

Because I work hard.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.