Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dafuqisarenezelwedger.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Just re-added NBA FB to the lineup. Considering a fourth machine. Among those in contention:

- ACDC Premium
- MMR
- TOM
- JD (plus something like a Skee Ball machine)
- NIB Stern (likely a ST or MET Pro)
- Something I haven't thought of.

Any suggestions?

I like theme and artwork. We have young kids do something appealing to them is best.

#2 8 years ago

Get an AC/DC Premium. Set the insult level on the lowest setting. If there is a particular song that you don't like of feel that it's inappropriate for your children, then you can change it. Replace it with Barney's theme song... Whatever... Customize it then never look back.

#3 8 years ago

I'd go MMR.
Great game, and I bet kids would love it.

#4 8 years ago

ACDC Prem or ST Prem (not pro - you need this light show for the kids! )

looking at your lineup, ST Compliments IM & WCS better than ACDC would IMO. So I say go with that - its been extremely popular with guests and kids too.

ACDC is a great addition too. I found my wife and guest housewives really took a liking to ACDC. But it is an ass kicker!

#5 8 years ago

If you're after family friendly, MMR or TOM (depending on what you want to spend) based on your list. Both are generally liked by non-pinheads.

#6 8 years ago

JD and a skee ball....come on, who doesnt love skee ball??

#7 8 years ago

TOM sure is a fun great playing game...

#8 8 years ago

I'd get something on your list other than ToM--it is a beauty but gets old quickly. On the plus side, it is easy to play even if you are not the most skilled at controlling the ball--might be good for the kids. Shrek, Flintstones, Batman DK or PotC might be fun for your kids--if any of them appeal to you you'd have to check them out--I've only played Batman and thought it was very cool.

#9 8 years ago

Well OK. JD is great bang for the buck as well.

Flintstones is kind of ugly but a very very fun game.

#10 8 years ago

You had me at hello.

dafuqisarenezelwedger.jpgdafuqisarenezelwedger.jpg

#11 8 years ago

Keep the suggestions coming.

I think I've eliminated a NIB Stern. The only two active pins I'm really interested in are Metallica LED Pro (eliminated by my wife due to the electric chair of all things) or a Star Trek. ST seems pretty similar to SM (which we've owned in the past) and the original series is my least favorite. Silly maybe but I love the theme.

I don't think my kids would enjoy the JD as much as I would and the skee ball machine got a lukewarm reaction (we already have one of the small Sears-brand Harvard Roll-a-Score machines).

That leaves:

- MMR
- TOM
- TOTAN
- ACDC Premium

Probably in that order. MM is my grail pin (ever since I first played it at the 2003 TPF) so I'll get around to picking one up someday. Since space is limited, I thought it might be fun to pick up a TOTAN or TOM and enjoy it while I waited for the HUO MMRs to pop up.

TOM makes the list as it's the first pin my wife really enjoyed. Her grail pin of sorts.

Wish I could find one locally. It's such deal killer to ship a single pin.

#12 8 years ago

MMR if you have kids, plus it's my favourite out of what you listed

#13 8 years ago

I recommend TOTAN. It's an easy game to pick up for kids, and just a well laid out shooter for adults. I love it. I'll keep mine forever.... then again, you're not that far away....

#14 8 years ago

met pro, or mmr

#15 8 years ago

Im telling you for women and kids TOM is awesome. they LOVE the trunk and magnet.

#16 8 years ago

You have 2 more JPOP machines on your list. Why not go for the one that has the good complete ruleset and get a CV?

#17 8 years ago

Just never enjoyed CV. Am on the fence on Totan but one popped up locally and they seem to be more rare than TOM.

#18 8 years ago

MMR it's my families favorite game, previously it was MM they loved. But I sold it a year prior to the release. Also happy to be a dealer for PPS.

Greg
Www.pinballpro.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-machine-suggestion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.