Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by jar155
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

My LOTR is coming in about an hour. YAY!
What do I need to do or not do with a brand new machine that isn't in the unpacking directions? Such as wait for it to thaw before turning it on.
Do I need to wax the playfield right away or is it good to go from the factory?

Thanks.

#2 14 years ago

Way awesome mate!! Id really like a new or HUO Stern pinball to add to the mix and LOTR would be in my top 3 qualifyers for that position along with Spiderman and Simpsons Party.

Only thing to watch for thats not in the instructions is any excessive drooling that may occur due to the nature of opening a BRAND NEW PINBALL!!

#3 14 years ago

Congratulations Seal !! Its finally coming. When I brought mine in, I let it acclimate to room temperature for several hours before turning it on. This way you will avoid the condensation. You will love this machine. Take some pics and let us know what you think !

#4 14 years ago

When I got Pirates of the carribean I let it adjust to room temperature but I also took the backglass off,the playfield glass and opened the coindoor for a couple hours before turning it on.If your in Alaska you may need to wait a little longer,P.D. cold there I hear.

#5 14 years ago

It should acclimate fairly quickly in your home, maybe 30 minutes or so and you'll be fine.

I would wax it just to make sure everything is all dandy from the get go. There might be some dust and stuff that got in there from the shipping, so it probably wouldn't hurt to wipe down the playfield with some Novus 1 or even some Windex before that initial wax job.

LOTR is a fantastic game. I love mine, but I can't imagine the excitement of opening up one and being the first to play it. Enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
$ 39.50
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-machine-prep and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.