Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by yancy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P3 covid.png
    #1 3 years ago

My current collection consists of Whitewater, Star Wars Pro, Star Trek Pro, and Spider-Man. I have room for one more machine and 10k to spend (thank you Aunt Dorie RIP). I'm considering Willy Wonka, Elvira, TMNT, and Jurassic Park. I'd love opinions on what would be a complimentary machine to my current collection. I only have room for one more machine. Thanks

#2 3 years ago

First my condolences on you Aunt Dorie. Next congrats on an allready nice linup. Since i played all the machines which you are considering i would for my taste go with either the TNMT or Jurassic Park. Elvira is also very good but in my taste is don't think it would be a keeper. If you are open to another suggestion and if you like the music Iron Maiden is also a brilliant game. A bit prejudice on my side since i just bought a NIB premium version of that. Hope you can decide which machine will be joining your collection.

#3 3 years ago

Jurassic Park, walk-off grand slam, requiescat Aunt Dorie, mic drop.

#4 3 years ago

You have the same game twice with Star Trek and Spiderman. Pick one and move one. Then buy TWD and JP or Elvira.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Jurassic Park, walk-off grand slam, requiescat Aunt Dorie, mic drop.

I agree. Out of the games listed, this is the one I would pick.

Quoted from hanford29:

I'm considering Willy Wonka, Elvira, TMNT, and Jurassic Park.

So now, the why...

Wonka - Sure, it will have some hardcore fans, but I'm not one of them. I find it boring and slow. Unless I have to play it in competition again, I doubt I'll ever play another game on one. If there was any other available machine to play, I'd play the other.

Elvira - I'm not a fan, but I have not played later updates. It just wasn't engaging for me. And this is one game where the "stops" nature of it really hurts it. It overall feels like a weak effort.

TMNT - Ok, I'll admit it, I have not played it.

JP - By far the best of the bunch (just my opinion). Rules are fun, and interesting. I find the shots different enough to be intriguing. If it was my money, this is the game I'd pick.

#6 3 years ago

#heist by Multimorphic
    And once you have your P3 system you can swap in whatever playfield you feel like in under two minutes. Great way for the space challenged to have more games.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm also open to suggestions for other games, knowing I can only fit one more.

#8 3 years ago

just my opinion in this order

JP
    TMNT
    Elvira
    Wonka

#9 3 years ago

You are really limiting your fun by not having a solid state or system 11 mixed in there.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

You are really limiting your fun by not having a solid state or system 11 mixed in there.

YES, listen to this. Sell spidey and grab one of each and add a NIB JP or TMNT. Enjoy.

#11 3 years ago

I have had an Elvira LE for about 6 months now. Even with all the code updates, it will be the first to go if I ever need to make room. It's a great game and guests absolutely love it but it has already grown a little old for me. I understand the need to compliment your current collection. I have Iron Maiden Premium sitting next to a Metallica Pro. Two awesome games that play entirely different. I have played a lot on both TMNT and JP and have also been considering adding one or the other to the collection but I might need to flip a coin. I have only played a couple games on WW so no opinion except for what I have heard from others. I agree with RustyLizard and woody76 on limiting yourself by not having a SS... and selling Spidey. In fact, maybe I should sell Elvira and add both JP and TMNT.

#12 3 years ago

Your whole collection is like pure flow games. JP will offer nice balance because it’s a more “technical” shooter with a super unique layout.

#13 3 years ago

Great advice. Thank you everyone. I actually have trade for WCS for my ST. Any other advice given this update would be helpful.

Thanks!

#14 3 years ago

Second vote for Heist! Once you are bought into the P3 ecosystem, it's awesome being able to expand your library of games for relatively little money without needing more space (all the play fields can be stored under the P3 and your other machines). And every new release and feature for the platform you benefit from as an owner. If you decide a few moths after Heist to buy the Cosmic Cart Racing playfield, you can jump in to internet connected head to head races for free, which are an absolute blast and such a welcome bit of competitive pinball in a time when we can't do it in public. Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth is also a criminally underrated game, and if you have a family, all the games available for the Cannon Lagoon playfield are a big hit with casual and young players.

Quite simply, if you have $10k and room for only one more game, it's a no brainer to jump into the P3 ecosystem.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I agree. Out of the games listed, this is the one I would pick.

So now, the why...
    Wonka - Sure, it will have some hardcore fans, but I'm not one of them. I find it boring and slow. Unless I have to play it in competition again, I doubt I'll ever play another game on one. If there was any other available machine to play, I'd play the other.
    Elvira - I'm not a fan, but I have not played later updates. It just wasn't engaging for me. And this is one game where the "stops" nature of it really hurts it. It overall feels like a weak effort.
    TMNT - Ok, I'll admit it, I have not played it.
    JP - By far the best of the bunch (just my opinion). Rules are fun, and interesting. I find the shots different enough to be intriguing. If it was my money, this is the game I'd pick.

Wonka boring and slow?Really and you've played it?

#16 3 years ago

P3 covid.pngP3 covid.png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-machine-in-the-works-advice-needed?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.