By mario_1_up

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gottlieb Apron Redrawn.pdf (PDF preview)
20140516_202855.jpg
20140516_202833.jpg
412829_3164290226349_1614878867_o.jpg
20140616_191148.jpg
20140616_191201.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Picked this game up yesterday. Overall great shape but the guy I bought it from was a wood worker and felt like sanding and staining it. And from the pics I've seen of the original art I can't blame him.

20140616_191201.jpg20140616_191201.jpg 20140616_191148.jpg20140616_191148.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Played this game a lot in the 70's, great game, fairly fast for an EM. The out lanes and lower targets are brutal. The play field and bg look in great shape.

#3 9 years ago

Congrats. I've had mine for about 8 years now. Good flippers and pop-bumpers are key to game flow. Tough to get all the drop targets down and it's tough to win on points too.

#4 9 years ago

Congrats on adding a Gottlieb e-m drop target game to your collection.
Per your collection listed here on Pinside, it appears this is your first e-m. ??

Let us know how you like those outlanes.
Watch your cursing while playing this one.

Imho that playfield qualifies as an "open" style playfield.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Congrats on adding a Gottlieb e-m drop target game to your collection.
Per your collection listed here on Pinside, it appears this is your first e-m. ??
Let us know how you like those outlanes.
Watch your cursing while playing this one.
Imho that playfield qualifies as an "open" style playfield.

I have 3 othere ems triple strike, Aladdin castle and jive time. But those are just shop games. ran out of room in the house and now running out of room in the shop.

#6 9 years ago

Nice At least the sanding was done by a woodworker!
Gotta love drop targets.

#7 9 years ago

Its a fun game. I bought it without turning it on. plugged it in and the only thing I have to do is clean the switches on the 10 point reel. Otherwise it works 100%.

#8 9 years ago

412829_3164290226349_1614878867_o.jpg412829_3164290226349_1614878867_o.jpgI picked this one up years ago, same story. The guy was a wood worker and wanted it to look like it belonged in his living room.
Great pick up that is a fun game. enjoy

Brian Lenker
Madison hts, MI
586-344-0721

#9 9 years ago

one of favs! nice find.
I finally found one a few months back. not as nice as yours but it weas cheap.
mine restored nicely
have a set of stencils if you want to repaint it

20140516_202833.jpg20140516_202833.jpg 20140516_202855.jpg20140516_202855.jpg
#10 9 years ago

this may get me kicked out of the em club, but they don't look completely horrible stained... they don't look "right", but they don't look completely horrible...

it certainly looks better than some of the more creative paint jobs we've seen...

#11 9 years ago

Boilerman we are definitely wanting to paint the cab, so the stencil kit would be fantastic!!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

this may get me kicked out of the em club, but they don't look completely horrible stained... they don't look "right", but they don't look completely horrible...

OK Chris, Now your treading on thin ice! Your EM privileges may be in jeopardy.

Ken

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

it certainly looks better than some of the more creative paint jobs we've seen...

It takes a man to admit that in front of his peers. Yeah, it beats the contact paper or solid poop brown house paint, but only by a thin margin. Well, if they would have added some finish to give it a bit of sheen it could at least look like a piece of furniture. And take the legs off when your sanding…

3 years later
#14 6 years ago

I just bought one of these, and its in really rough shape

Could anyone please help me with a manual or schematics and the stencil artwork and plastics if you have please?

#15 6 years ago

Free apron artwork I redrew

Gottlieb Apron Redrawn.pdfGottlieb Apron Redrawn.pdf

#16 6 years ago

Buy the schematics and manual for $30 at

845-473-7114

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Buy the schematics and manual for $30 at
845-473-7114

I take it , thats an american phone number ?

Im in South Africa uncle, the international dialing fee is ridiculous here

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

one of favs! nice find.
I finally found one a few months back. not as nice as yours but it weas cheap.
mine restored nicely
have a set of stencils if you want to repaint it

Hi, if he doesn’t want the stencils, pls let me know. I have a painted white DaC. Been going to strip paint “someday” but pretty sure original is trashed beneath white.

Oops, just noticed 3 yr old post. But if anyone does have stencils......

#19 6 years ago

Pinball Pimp has the Drop A Card stencils. I’ve bought three stencil sets from him (Atlantis, Quick Draw, King Pin) and it’s a fantastic product.

He (Jeff) also has a great instructional video on YouYube and good printed instructions that come with the set.

$165 which includes shipping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-machine-gottlieb-drop-a-card?hl=alistaircg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.