SDC11227.JPG
photo.JPG
IMG_20131106_130405_322.jpg
IMG_20131106_130316_134.jpg
IMG_20131106_131538_744.jpg
IMG_20131106_131413_210.jpg
SDC10536.JPG
DSCF1187.JPG

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 9 years ago

EDIT: I just finished up the LOTR PoTD prototype mod last night and I installed it into buddies LOTR pinball for the final fit. These kits are a plug in for power, no soldering is involved.

Here is what I am going to offer… complete kits which include everything you need to install this into your machine. It is the triggering on/off version. When the pinball enters the POTD the fading effects starts and when the pinball returns into the ball taught the POTD figures stop.

This complete kit will be $220.00 plus shipping. (Price Edit).

----- ----------------------------------------

The people that already have the all the parts on their machine, I will sell just the wiring harnesses and controllers to you.

3 LEDs with fading controller circuit (fading up and down), activation circuit all enters the PoTD and turns off when you lose a ball into the return trough for $155.00 plus return shipping.(Price Edit).

If you would like this mod, please PM me. I am taking orders only for it and I will need
to be paid in full.

Here is a video of the mod inside the machine. This version is the LEDs in the figures start once the ball enters the path and turn off once you lose the ball in the return trough.

Thanks,
Steve

#2 9 years ago

I have another video on the machine with the AoTD figures on during the attraction mode and I will post that video soon. If you want to install everything on to the mount plate to save you some money and me some time, just send me a PM, and I will come up something.

Thanks.

#3 9 years ago

Fantastic job. That fits the feel of the machine great. I did mine already but your take on it puts mine to shame. Congrats.

#4 9 years ago

Looks very cool!

#5 9 years ago

Must fight urge to buy all your mods, nice work. Sure I won't be able to resist this mod....

#6 9 years ago

Ok I have 14 complete sets still available. I am using green LEDs in the mod and in person the figures are a lot more green and a smoother look to them than the video shows. I wish the video looked as good as it does live, I would say it looks 150% better live compared to the video. This is a MUST have mod for the machine.

#7 9 years ago

I can wire the mod to be on all the time and here is a sample video of it on during the attraction mode.

#8 9 years ago

Can you give some more details about how easy it is to plug and play?
What the platform looks like out of the machine... are the wires very visible during normal lighting?
Thanks

#9 9 years ago

Lotr mods make me want the game. Maybe I should seek one out.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Can you give some more details about how easy it is to plug and play?
What the platform looks like out of the machine... are the wires very visible during normal lighting?
Thanks

My PoTD mod will come complete (except for a few tools that you need)

The kit is plug and play by using the GND/5/12VDC plug by the coin box, and you will have to drill 2 holes onto the PoTD up kick bracket to mount a bracket from my kit, then start routing my harness inside the machine, zip tie everything, mount the plate that Pinbits provides to your machine and there will be a disconnect plug on the wire harness allowing you to remove the PoTD from the machine if it ever need to be serviced. No the wires are barely visible when the machine is turn off.... Look again at the video and you can see I routed the wires on the edge of the mount plate. It looks like the factory installed it.

If you choose the on all the time for the figures, you will not have to drill these holes into the kick up bracket and it is even easier to install.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

After playing my buddies machine once I installed it, I feel the same way about it. I never got into the LOTR movies but this mod really adds a nice final touch to the machine. I know he is not going to sell it, but if he does I get first chance at it

#12 9 years ago

Mod looks great in my machine. Video does not do it justice. Very cool effect- looks like it came that way from the factory- does not look like an after market add on like some other mods do.
I would rank this right up there with the Tron arcade mod- as one of the coolest mods in a long time. Great job Hemi- glad I could provide the game for your proto type.
Anyone thinking about adding this mod- do it you will not be disappointed.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I know you've owned it before. So have I. I just bought another one. It is only the second pin that I've owned for a second time.

Do it!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Mod looks great in my machine. Video does not do it justice. Very cool effect- looks like it came that way from the factory- does not look like an after market add on like some other mods do.
I would rank this right up there with the Tron arcade mod- as one of the coolest mods in a long time. Great job Hemi- glad I could provide the game for your proto type.
Anyone thinking about adding this mod- do it you will not be disappointed.

Thanks pin15 for the Prototype review on my PoTD mod. .... So when are you going to sell me this machine...????

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

And you sold me your POTD figures and plastic.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Thanks pin15 for the Prototype review on my PoTD mod. .... So when are you going to sell me this machine...????

And here I thought he'd sell this game to me. Sooner or later this baby is coming to the Hoosier state.

#17 9 years ago

Do the kits turn on when the ball first enters the POTD, and then turn off only when you lose the ball?

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from TWeaver:

And here I thought he'd sell this game to me. Sooner or later this baby is coming to the Hoosier state.

No Way.... It's all Mine... It is a Wolverine but not a X-Men...

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Do the kits turn on when the ball first enters the POTD, and then turn off only when you lose the ball?

Yes, you are exactly correct.. Turns on when the ball is kicked up into the PoTD and off when a ball returns into the ball trough. If you have a multi-ball going it will do the same, loose one ball and it turns off.

#20 9 years ago

I found a way to save me some time on making this mod and I am lowering the price of it by $25.00, now the complete kit is $175.00 shipped as well as the directions. This one will turn on when the ball enters the PoTD and turns off when you loose the ball in play.

I will also sell a complete kit with a variation to this mod, it will be on all the time fading, until you turn off the main power on the pinball. I offer this complete kit for $150.00 shipped, and it is even easier to install this version.

If you already have the PoTD parts you can lower the price another $55.00.

So, I am selling just the LED controllers with directions also as an option:

1) Complete kit: wiring harness and controller circuits turn on the LEDs when the ball enters the PoTD and turns off when you loose a ball into the return trough is $120.00 shipped

2) The other complete kit: wiring harness and controller circuit has the LEDs fading up and down all the time until the main power is turned off sells for $95.00 because of return shipping cost.

Now that is a Deal for this mod.

Please let me know if you want one,
Steve

#21 9 years ago

Here is a update on the complete kits that are available. I called Pinbits and they are shipping me the mount plates and hardware for all of my complete kits that I have. I just want to throw out a thanks to Pinbits for making this mount plate....

Now, I have 9 more complete kits still available..... PM me if you want a kit.

#22 9 years ago

Just a note the camera picks up the LED light brighter than it really is. It is not as bright in person.. I have had a few more questions about my PoTD mod and I want to post my thoughts behind the reason why I wired it this way. When the ball enters the path you woke the AoTD, and now you are battling them until you loose the ball, then the fight is over until another ball enters the PoTD again....

I am down to 8 completes kits.

#23 9 years ago

Down to 7.....

Thanks everyone for your orders.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Just a note the camera picks up the LED light brighter than it really is. It is not as bright in person.. I have had a few more questions about my PoTD mod and I want to post my thoughts behind the reason why I wired it this way. When the ball enters the path you woke the AoTD, and now you are battling them until you loose the ball, then the fight is over until another ball enters the PoTD again....
I am down to 8 completes kits.

I think the mod is great, good job!

But it's really bothering me.... you don't FIGHT the Army of the Dead, you collect them to fight for you!

#25 9 years ago

Thanks I like how it turned out....And I have not played the machine enough at my buddies place.... and now that you said that I remember. Your 100% right.... sorry for the theme conflict

#29 9 years ago

Could it have been made to shut off when the GI comes back on?

#30 9 years ago

No not really, I made my own circuits in the machine that are independent from the machine's control.

#31 9 years ago

It looks like I have 1 complete kit left that is still available..... I will look for more figures once this last kit is sold.... Please PM me and I can put you on a back order list if you want a complete kit.

Thanks Everyone.

#32 9 years ago

My last complete kit is sold.... I still am offering the kits to everyone that all ready have the AoTD figures and Pinbits mounting plate.

I will look for more AoTD figures and then offer the complete kits again.

#33 9 years ago

Crap, I missed out, I have no AoTD figures. Let me know if/when you have a complete kit and/or where to get the figures/mounting plates. I'll pm you so it stays in your inbox.

2 weeks later
#34 9 years ago

Any progress reports? anything personal to my order can be PM's. Just wondering if any have been shipped and installed.

#35 9 years ago

He was last spotted in Vegas prior to last Sunday with a pocket full of cash, laying down bets that the Harbaugh brothers will meet in the Superbowl

I'm waiting on mine as well, hopefully soon.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

He was last spotted in Vegas prior to last Sunday with a pocket full of cash, laying down bets that the Harbaugh brothers will meet in the Superbowl
I'm waiting on mine as well, hopefully soon.

I could only wish that was me... Actually I have been working on them everyday and here is a update for everyone..They are slowly coming along.... I had a parts supplier issue about a week ago, but that is worked out and I sent my first few kits out on Tuesday and yesterday. It is taking me 3 hours or so to put them together... about 1 a day and a few more on the weekends. No worries, everyone that placed an order will receive one. I have asked the Pinsiders that are getting the first ones to post here to reassure everyone that I am producing them....

This mod is worth the wait. I will continue on them until all my orders are filled.

Thanks for asking about my progress and your patience

#37 9 years ago

Add me to the waiting list for future runs, complete plug and play kit. Thanks.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Add me to the waiting list for future runs, complete plug and play kit. Thanks.

Both versions of this mod are plug and play... Which one are you wanting?

Sorry to say, it's taking me a lot of time to make them, so when I am taking orders again and with USPS rates are increasing on Monday. The next run of these are going to cost more money....

#39 9 years ago

Mine is on its way. Got the instructions and as usual, great job Hemi!

#40 9 years ago

Mine is on the way!
I got an e-mail yesterday (with instructions) saying it shipped!!!
Can't wait to install it!!!!
Great job Hemi!

#41 9 years ago

I want the high end kit...

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I want the high end kit...

With or without the figures and Pinbits mounting plate?

#43 9 years ago

I was fortunate to play pin15's beautiful LOTR that has the prototype Hemi PotD mod. The mod looks fantastic. I'm confident that the purchasers of this mod will be very pleased. It's definitely worth a little wait.

I also made the trip to Hemi's headquarters and manufacturing facility. His modded Wolverine, AC/DC Premium, and IM are simply amazing.

Now hurry up on these LOTR mods and start working your magic on Avengers.

#44 9 years ago

With both of course.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from TWeaver:

I was fortunate to play pin15's beautiful LOTR that has the prototype Hemi PotD mod. The mod looks fantastic. I'm confident that the purchasers of this mod will be very pleased. It's definitely worth a little wait.
I also made the trip to Hemi's headquarters and manufacturing facility. His modded Wolverine, AC/DC Premium, and IM are simply amazing.
Now hurry up on these LOTR mods and start working your magic on Avengers.

Your Funny TWeaver I was glad you could stop by and play some Pinball at my place....No Worries, Averngers is next, and with your machine being in my shop for the prototype run of them, it will be the first one to get the Hemi treatment. Like all of my machines in my collection, it will be a one of a kind until I release the mods. All good things take time.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

With both of course.

I will add you to the next run of them.... I believed that I am going to do 8 more complete set of this mod and that will be the end of them for a while.

#47 9 years ago

Hey Guys, well I received my tracking info....so my POTD mod is on it's way....YEAH....already received install instructions....can't wait to see it in action!!! Hemi has such awesome mods.....and more importantly his quality and service is second to none.....well worth the wait!!! I've ordered more mods for my other pinnies, but given the time it takes to make and the amount of interest in Hemi's mods.....I might have to wait a extra week or so....but atleast it'll be worth it. Great step by step instructions. Considering my AC/DC was rushed out and I had to deal with the issues, I'd rather Hemi take his time and ensure everything works like it should. Patience....or good things come to those that wait

#48 9 years ago

Mine is in the mail.Got tracking # today.I was the one of the first to order and pay.Hemi is building these and shipping them based on first come,first serve.Patience my fellow pinheads.

#49 9 years ago

No worries, I wasn't trying to imply frustration. You stated it was a few weeks wait. Just posting for a progress report because I am excited. I am patient and not worried about it. Take your time. I'd rather wait than have issues! GL Hemi and thanks for the hard work.

FSP

#50 9 years ago

I am going a LOTR marathon this weekend and getting 4 kits shipped out today and hopefully another 5-6 more by Monday. My goal is to have all of the order filled and ready to shipment by next weekend....Then on to the Avengers.

For the next run of these mods, I only have 6 complete kit that are not spoken for. I have not come up my price increase for them yet, but I will try to keep it with in reason.

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!