(Topic ID: 109464)

New location in KC - Spring 2015!! - 4/17/15!!!!!!!

By Chrizg

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by tppin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

There will be a new barcade opening in KC in the spring of 2015. All games on 25 cent play. I will be handling the pinball machines there like I do in Des Moines. More details to come soon.

KC folks - If you are interested in possibliy helping out with some machine maintence please PM me for details.

http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives/2014/11/13/up-down-arcade-bar-to-take-over-hamburger-marys-space

#2 9 years ago

I am pretty excited to hear this news. We have two established locations with pins in our area, which are awesome, but I believe our town could easily support another. In addition, the videos will bring in a new group of people and exposure to pins will be a good thing for them.
    Two questions come to mind: How many pins do you think you will be operating and will they serve whiskey? Good luck and thanks!

#3 9 years ago

Things are still in the planning stage but there will be between 8-12 pins. The bar will be full service with local type stuff. I am planning on checking out the 2 established places next time I am down checking out the location.

#4 9 years ago

Very cool news!

You would be lucky to hire pinsider Stangbat if he is willing. He runs all the pins at Pizza West and keeps them in top shape. The IJ and DW were absolute basket cases before he bought them and now they play great.

#5 9 years ago

Awesome news! It's always great to have another place to play and this will be very close to my workplace. Good luck in getting things up and running - please keep us posted on your progress!

#6 9 years ago

Nice. Congrats Chris.

#7 9 years ago

Heads up Springfield, COMO and 314. This will be in Missouri.

Chrizg - best of luck, very exciting news. Please tell me there will be a Street Fighter II vid there.

#8 9 years ago

Well done. KC is lucky to have Chris bringing them some pins.

#9 9 years ago

This is fantastic news! I will be anxiously awaiting the grand opening. I live a couple of hours away from KC, but make it over there fairly regularly. Congratulations, and I hope it's a big success.

#11 9 years ago

Awesome!

4 months later
    #12 9 years ago

Opening date has been announced.

4/17/15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 9 years ago

I've got a few quarters with your name on them'

#14 9 years ago

Right on. They have been working diligently on this place the last few months. Can hardly wait for it to open.

#15 9 years ago

Screw that crap hole. Put a barcade in Sioux Falls!

#16 9 years ago

Crap hole? ha ha! Were going to let you slide on that one. I mean, you do live in SD afterall.
    Come to KC...have some of our heavenly BBQ and stay for the games.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

Crap hole? ha ha! Were going to let you slide on that one. I mean, you do live in SD afterall.
    Come to KC...have some of our heavenly BBQ and stay for the games

I do love bbq. I plan on smoking some meat this weekend. I take it back KC.

#18 9 years ago

Cool! Any word yet on which pinball machines are going in, or is it going to be a surprise?

#19 9 years ago

Welcome! We love anyone who cares about pinball to add to our experience!

#20 9 years ago

On Twitter they posted that an Addams Family is going in and they have room for 10 more pins and want suggestions. So feel free to let them know any game preferences you have.

https://twitter.com/updownkc

#21 9 years ago

Dang - was just there 2 weeks ago for my daughters soccer tourney.

At least I was able to sample some fine bbq @ Jack Stacks!

4 weeks later
    #22 8 years ago

Can anyone tell me where to find the pins they decided to put in here? Looking forward to getting down there, hopefully this weekend!

#25 8 years ago

Great!! Thank you!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-location-in-kc-spring-2015 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.