2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

63431_01 (resized).jpg
    5783 (resized).jpeg
    5784 (resized).jpeg
    thumbnail-6 copy 2 (resized).jpeg
    15454322805781014348945 (resized).jpg
    1E430E5E-CA8B-4422-A69B-01897BE71F54 (resized).jpeg
    KIMG1233 (resized).JPG
    KIMG1221 (resized).JPG
    KIMG1216 (resized).JPG
    14512 (resized).jpeg
    KIMG1213 (resized).JPG
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    DP-Pro-Cabinet-LF (resized).jpg
    thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    KIMG0718 (resized).JPG
    KIMG0719 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trk12fire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hey everybody,
    I'm on the edge of starting a new pinball machine location in Grass Valley, CA. I'll be establishing it inside Sierra Cinema off of E. Main st. There's a side bar and food with no entrance fees to the side of the theater. I want to add top quality pinball machines and I'm wondering if there's any Pinheads close by that might come. I'll be immediately putting in a Star Wars Pro (maybe premium), Metallica led, Star Trek pro led and a Fire Power II. I'll​ be keeping these machines cleaned and waxed. Before I bite the bullet, is there anyone around that would come. Lol

#3 2 years ago

Good to hear Gun, thank you for your response. I'd like to add more machines, but I think I should take it slow for now and see how the first year goes.

#4 2 years ago

I'm also debating on setting everything to 5 ball. I'd like to hear how people feel about that.

#6 1 year ago

ST Pro all led will be put into our new location next week.
    SW Premium on order, 3 week eta
    Trying to get our Iron Man all led back
    Fire Power II- couple weeks
    I have my old 1963 Sweet Hearts, but I'm not sure if I should incorporate it. It probably belongs in a glass box.

Possibilities of MET, LOTR and TSPP

Sierra Cinemas
    840-C East Main Street
    Grass Valley, CA 95945
    (530) 477-9000.

#9 1 year ago

Really,
    Ok good to know. I always feel like I'm just getting into the game when that 3rd. ball sinks. My skill level isn't that great I guess.

3 weeks later
    #10 1 year ago

Just introduced ST & IM into the theater. People already playing them

KIMG0515 (resized).JPG

KIMG0516 (resized).JPG

KIMG0517 (resized).JPG

2 months later
    #12 1 year ago

Added X-Men
    Came with Wolverine character removed and ball switch added. New characters on the playfield, LED's and speaker lights.

23826343_1969472049797179_5222061769641814419_o (resized).jpg

#13 1 year ago

I'm thinking of adding LOTR, to keep the movie theme going. Any other suggestions for a theater? Maybe Spiderman?

#14 1 year ago

7006 (resized).jpeg

#16 1 year ago

There will be a FREE PLAY pinball night Wednesday, Dec 13th from 8-10. Full Bar and food. Bring some competition
    Sierra Cinema
    840 E Main St Ste C, Grass Valley, CA 95945

#18 1 year ago

Hope to see you there! I just got sent to S. CA for Wildland fires. I hope I'll be back by then. There's a possibility it could be postponed. More to come as we get closer to the date

#19 1 year ago

Pinball night Dec. 13th. Is officially cancelled. I'm still in S. CA on fires. Sorry, we'll make a new night soon.

1 month later
    #20 1 year ago

Trying to establish another Free pinball poker night.

KIMG0719 (resized).JPG

KIMG0718 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
    #23 1 year ago

I have a nice Gorgar too, but the owners are worried it'll scare the kiddies. . I was thinking of adding my Firepower II, but it's a little beat up to be honest. We were also thinking of adding an old 80s arcade game, possibly Defender.
    The theater is pretty nice and the machines are in the attached cafe. You can buy beer and food. Also, there's no entry fee. If you stop by, let me know what you think.

#24 1 year ago

We're having another Free play pinball night coming in March. I'll have a set date by next week.

1 month later
    #28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chronictalent:

Would you be intrested in opening a,pinball bar I'm a local,chef and,was thinking about opening a pinball appetizer bar. I'm looking for there perfect location.

You supply the beer and I'll supply the pins! I have an opportunity to open a small arcade next to the Del Oro theater on main Street. Corner lot, 1000.00 per month

5 months later
    #31 11 months ago

Looks like we might put a 4th. machine in Sierra Cinema. I'm debating on Iron Maiden vs Deadpool. What do you think?

DP-Pro-Cabinet-LF (resized).jpgthumbnail (resized).jpeg
    #33 11 months ago

Thanks Jerol, I agree with you that it'll fit the theme better. However, I'm struggling a little bit because I love IMDN. It's pretty much my favorite game and I don't care for the band. I enjoy the playfield. The pinball machines are located in a café that is relatively quite. So, the Iron Maiden music would have to be turned down low and some people may not like listening to it. I'm happy to hear from someone who has actually played DP, because I'm still trying to figure out how good this game will be. It'll be my first NIB and I don't want it to end up being a flop. Not many people have rated DP yet on the top 100, but it's sitting at top 8 I believe and IMDN is at #3.

#34 11 months ago

Additionally, if I get IMDN, I was thinking of installing headphones. I'm not sure if you can install a headphone jack and a bill collector on the same machine. I think they attach in the same location on the door.

#37 11 months ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

so how are these pins earning?

It's been relatively slow. The machines have gained a lot of interest in the last few months. People are finding out that the machines are well maintained, cleaned and waxed. The other locations in Grass Valley that have pinball machines are never fixed, cleaned or aren't even running. My friends and I just wanted a place to play and that's the only reason I placed the machines in the Cinema.

#39 11 months ago

I kind of want to stick to Stern, because I know how to work on them and they seem pretty reliable. Stern machines for the most part are cheaper and get more bang for your buck. I've thought about TNA, but I question the last ability.

If I could add headphones and a bill collector on the same machine, I'd probably go with IMDN. The other IMDN's available in the area are still a bit of a drive to get there.

#41 11 months ago

I have a few older games that I could put in the space, but I want to keep machines that are less than 10 years old in the theater. Keep it fresh and exciting. Somebody mentioned AFM remake. I think that definitely has lastability and attracks old and young. I haven't heard many problems with it. The last one I played seemed super smooth and my son loves it.

#43 11 months ago

DEADPOOL ON ORDER!! Arrives in 4-7 business days.

BOOM!!!!

#44 11 months ago
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    #46 11 months ago

I don't have a date yet, but I'm hoping next week. Maybe Tue. or Wed. This will be my first NIB. Now we'll have 4 machines at the theater.

#49 11 months ago

I like Flo and I think those 3 machines have the best Flo ever. I can't think of a better combo. X-Men turned out awesome with cool shots, but you can't beat the speed of a good waxed Iron Man. Additionally Star Trek is my favorite machine and I have nothing else to say about that.

#52 11 months ago

The majority of people are not as good as our Pinsiders. I want the average Joe to have a good time and it insures 1.00 per game (2.00 for 3 games) is worth it with 5 ball. Winning a game on X-Men and IM seem to be difficult. I have them set to automatically increase after a person wins a game. That way a good Pinsiders can't win games all day. Thank you for coming and playing the games. I'll need help paying for DP. I just cleaned and waxed the games today and try to keep them in top shape. Deadpool should be arriving next week.

#53 11 months ago

On IM, extra ball starts at 29 million I believe and will increase win a player reaches that score

1 week later
    #54 10 months ago

Deadpool arriving today. Just getting everything set up. I need help paying for it, so all you pinball junkies come on in.
    840 E Main St
    Grass Valley

KIMG1213 (resized).JPG
    #56 10 months ago

Just arrived, I can't set it up until my son gets back in a couple hours

14512 (resized).jpeg
    #58 10 months ago

There was a scratch on the box and I needed to open it a little to check for damage. Everything looks really good.

#59 10 months ago

There was a forklift mark or something.

KIMG1216 (resized).JPG
    #61 10 months ago

We'll I did, kind of haha. My son won't let me open it until he gets here. He doesn't know how tough that is.

#63 10 months ago

Thank you Sir. I appreciate it.

#64 10 months ago

Had a great time tonight. If you get there early tomorrow there might be some free games left.

KIMG1221 (resized).JPG
    #65 10 months ago

And Deadpool is way better than I expected. It's the best game at the Cinema in my opinion.

#68 10 months ago

The Indy 500 isn’t bad over in Chico.

#69 10 months ago

To help celebrate the arrival of Deadpool, all machines will be on FREEPLAY ALL DAY TODAY 12am to close. I need to prove I can bring in business to the theater and cafe. Please come join us.

#70 10 months ago

Only request is to please purchase some food and drinks at the cafe.

#71 10 months ago

We had a great time. Thanks everyone for coming.

KIMG1233 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #72 10 months ago

Updated code and new speaker lights.!

1E430E5E-CA8B-4422-A69B-01897BE71F54 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #73 8 months ago

Friday Night, new .97 code update for Dead Pool! Grass Valley Sierra Cinema.

15454322805781014348945 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #74 7 months ago

Thinking about putting Stellar Wars in the theater as a temporary machine, while Iron Man gets powder coated.

thumbnail-6 copy 2 (resized).jpeg
    4 weeks later
    #76 6 months ago

Anybody have time for a 7pm tournament tonight?

3 weeks later
    #79 6 months ago
    Quoted from jkleinnd:

Please tell me or PM me your Roseville Sandwich shop? I'll be eating there the day Munsters goes live.

Agreed, where's the sandwich shop? I'd liked to try out Munsters. Additionally, I just use the money to upgrade and buy new machines. It's worth it for me. I now have a fun place to play with my friends. No money goes to my pocket.

#81 5 months ago

I would put it in the Sandwich Shop asap, while it's still exciting and new.

#82 5 months ago

I'll be updating the Deadpool code in about an hour.

#83 5 months ago

The new Deadpool code is awesome. Lots of changes. Can't believe Stern actually made the machine even better!

1 month later
    #87 4 months ago

I might be selling X-Men Pro and buying a Multi-Arcade. Anybody have experience with these?

1 month later
    #88 86 days ago

X-Men has been sold and Multi-cade is in. We'll probably buy a Defender too. Then an older style 4th pinball machine. Thank you to all the people who have stopped by and have helped me develope the cafe.

#89 86 days ago
    5784 (resized).jpeg
    #90 86 days ago
    5783 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #91 25 days ago

JURASSIC PARK ON ORDER! Iron Man is going up for sale.

63431_01 (resized).jpg
    #93 24 days ago

Thx for the suggestions Monk. I watched a couple play a 2 minute game yesterday on Iron Man. IM does earn well, actually better than ST. I've thought about AFM a few times. I'm sure it earns and is a fun family game. However the price is high and I've played it a ton. So I won't get much joy in it. There's a good possibility that I'll sell ST for Elvira 3, if it comes out in October.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 25.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 90.00
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Deadpool Premium Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trk12fire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside