1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

63431_01 (resized).jpg
    5783 (resized).jpeg
    5784 (resized).jpeg
    thumbnail-6 copy 2 (resized).jpeg
    15454322805781014348945 (resized).jpg
    1E430E5E-CA8B-4422-A69B-01897BE71F54 (resized).jpeg
    KIMG1233 (resized).JPG
    KIMG1221 (resized).JPG
    KIMG1216 (resized).JPG
    14512 (resized).jpeg
    KIMG1213 (resized).JPG
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    DP-Pro-Cabinet-LF (resized).jpg
    thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    KIMG0718 (resized).JPG
    KIMG0719 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jerol.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 11 months ago

I've played both machines, and my choice would be Deadpool. I know some may disagree, but it fits the theme of your business a bit better than Iron Maiden. I think both games will have staying power -- IM is obviously the more complete game right now, but it's a difficult game to master. DP is a little more accessible to casual players as the codes stand now, IMO. Also (and not for nothing), there are three other businesses with an IM on location in the area and no one has a DP as yet. I know I've traveled to a specific location just to try a specific machine -- I'm not saying that's normal (it isn't), but it's another factor to consider.

I really need to get up to Grass Valley

Good luck!

#38 11 months ago
    Quoted from trk12fire:

Thanks Jerol, I agree with you that it'll fit the theme better. However, I'm struggling a little bit because I love IMDN. It's pretty much my favorite game and I don't care for the band. I enjoy the playfield. The pinball machines are located in a café that is relatively quite. So, the Iron Maiden music would have to be turned down low and some people may not like listening to it. I'm happy to hear from someone who has actually played DP, because I'm still trying to figure out how good this game will be. It'll be my first NIB and I don't want it to end up being a flop. Not many people have rated DP yet on the top 100, but it's sitting at top 8 I believe and IMDN is at #3.

I totally understand this point of view. IM is a proven game and there is debate as to how well that katana ramp shot on DP will hold up -- especially on location. Either way I think you'll probably be happy with the purchase. BTW, major props for putting pins in a business just so you and your friends had a place to play

Is going with something like a JJP machine out of the question? Dialed In is pretty great and I think it also has staying power. Also, they obviously have some pretty cool movie-based themes going in their other three offerings. . I've played TNA... Fast game, fun multiplayer, but not a ton of depth there, IMO.

#42 11 months ago
    Quoted from trk12fire:

I have a few older games that I could put in the space, but I want to keep machines that are less than 10 years old in the theater. Keep it fresh and exciting. Somebody mentioned AFM remake. I think that definitely has lastability and attracks old and young. I haven't heard many problems with it. The last one I played seemed super smooth and my son loves it.

The AFM remake is a fantastic pin. I like it better than the MMr -- just a personal opinion there. I'm sure the MB remake will also be a great pin as well. Can't go wrong with any of the Chicago Gaming machines IMO.

#48 11 months ago
    Quoted from trk12fire:

DEADPOOL ON ORDER!! Arrives in 4-7 business days.
    BOOM!!!!

Awesome news! My LE is scheduled to arrive next week on Wednesday -- from Pinball Pirate

I need to get up to Grass Valley and see your place. I haven't played Iron Man and I think you're the only place in the area with one on location -- looks fun.

Congratulations on your purchase.

#50 11 months ago

I made it up to your place briefly yesterday (9/20). Great machines that play really fast and well. I noticed a spot to the right of X-Men just begging for fourth pin

Really odd playing pins set to 5-ball play... I have not played a single five ball game since I got back into the hobby in May. I didn't get to stay long -- only played 3 games on Iron Man and one on Star Trek. On IM it looked like you had an Extra Ball award at a certain score (41 million?) and no Replay score. Is that how you set them up? It felt a little odd as on IM I got to Mark VI on ball 5 -- a 3-ball game would have been very average.

I enjoyed seeing your setup and will definitely be back.

1 week later
    #66 10 months ago
    Quoted from trk12fire:

And Deadpool is way better than I expected. It's the best game at the Cinema in my opinion.

Congratulations!

It's my favorite game as well... of course, it's my ONLY game, but now I'm splitting hairs (a friend and I do have an Eight Ball Deluxe on order from HEP, but that's not in our possession yet).

You've now got four great pins there in Grass Valley. Looking forward to getting up there again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    MONSTERFISH MODS
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rods Mods
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Lermods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jerol.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside