Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Da-Shaker
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KIMG1785 (resized).JPG
    8280 (resized).jpeg
    KIMG1773 (resized).JPG
    KIMG1772 (resized).JPG
    7866 (resized).jpeg
    afmsemachine (resized).jpg
    63431_01 (resized).jpg
    5783 (resized).jpeg
    5784 (resized).jpeg
    thumbnail-6 copy 2 (resized).jpeg
    15454322805781014348945 (resized).jpg
    1E430E5E-CA8B-4422-A69B-01897BE71F54 (resized).jpeg
    KIMG1233 (resized).JPG
    KIMG1221 (resized).JPG
    KIMG1216 (resized).JPG
    14512 (resized).jpeg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago

Set those puppies to 3 balls. 5 balls is costing you $ and needless additional wear & tear.

Guardians would be a good addition for #4.

#52 5 years ago

The majority of people are not as good as our Pinsiders. I want the average Joe to have a good time and it insures 1.00 per game (2.00 for 3 games) is worth it with 5 ball. Winning a game on X-Men and IM seem to be difficult. I have them set to automatically increase after a person wins a game. That way a good Pinsiders can't win games all day. Thank you for coming and playing the games. I'll need help paying for DP. I just cleaned and waxed the games today and try to keep them in top shape. Deadpool should be arriving next week.

#53 5 years ago

On IM, extra ball starts at 29 million I believe and will increase win a player reaches that score

1 week later
    #54 5 years ago

Deadpool arriving today. Just getting everything set up. I need help paying for it, so all you pinball junkies come on in.
    840 E Main St
    Grass Valley

KIMG1213 (resized).JPGKIMG1213 (resized).JPG
    #55 5 years ago

Smart move. Still no DP in the greater Sac metro area.

"If you build it, we will come...."

#56 5 years ago

Just arrived, I can't set it up until my son gets back in a couple hours

14512 (resized).jpeg14512 (resized).jpeg
    #57 5 years ago

did the box get trashed in transit or is that how you open your games haha

#58 5 years ago

There was a scratch on the box and I needed to open it a little to check for damage. Everything looks really good.

#59 5 years ago

There was a forklift mark or something.

KIMG1216 (resized).JPGKIMG1216 (resized).JPG
    #60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

There was a scratch on the box and I needed to open it a little to check for damage. Everything looks really good.

gotcha!

was hoping you were so excited for your first nib you just tore that bad boy open like a beast

#61 5 years ago

We'll I did, kind of haha. My son won't let me open it until he gets here. He doesn't know how tough that is.

#62 5 years ago

Hey trk12fire,

My brother and I were at your place over the summer. Games played really well! We're just over in Chico. I'll drive to GV soon to check out your DeadPool. Thanks for your enthusiasm for the hobby! Love what you're doing.

#63 5 years ago

Thank you Sir. I appreciate it.

#64 5 years ago

Had a great time tonight. If you get there early tomorrow there might be some free games left.

KIMG1221 (resized).JPGKIMG1221 (resized).JPG
    #65 5 years ago

And Deadpool is way better than I expected. It's the best game at the Cinema in my opinion.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

And Deadpool is way better than I expected. It's the best game at the Cinema in my opinion.

Congratulations!

It's my favorite game as well... of course, it's my ONLY game, but now I'm splitting hairs (a friend and I do have an Eight Ball Deluxe on order from HEP, but that's not in our possession yet).

You've now got four great pins there in Grass Valley. Looking forward to getting up there again.

#67 5 years ago

Chico is a bit of a pinball desert. We’ve got three good games in three separate locations: GB, Stern Star Wars and GOT. This new development in Grass Valley is exciting for us.

#68 5 years ago

The Indy 500 isn’t bad over in Chico.

#69 5 years ago

To help celebrate the arrival of Deadpool, all machines will be on FREEPLAY ALL DAY TODAY 12am to close. I need to prove I can bring in business to the theater and cafe. Please come join us.

#70 5 years ago

Only request is to please purchase some food and drinks at the cafe.

#71 5 years ago

We had a great time. Thanks everyone for coming.

KIMG1233 (resized).JPGKIMG1233 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #72 5 years ago

Updated code and new speaker lights.!

1E430E5E-CA8B-4422-A69B-01897BE71F54 (resized).jpeg1E430E5E-CA8B-4422-A69B-01897BE71F54 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #73 5 years ago

Friday Night, new .97 code update for Dead Pool! Grass Valley Sierra Cinema.

15454322805781014348945 (resized).jpg15454322805781014348945 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #74 5 years ago

Thinking about putting Stellar Wars in the theater as a temporary machine, while Iron Man gets powder coated.

thumbnail-6 copy 2 (resized).jpegthumbnail-6 copy 2 (resized).jpeg
    #75 5 years ago

Do It! I would be interested in hearing how an older machine does against the newer Sterns. My GF's family lives around there. I have to stop by if/when I am in the area. I have been following this thread for a while. Glad you are still doing this.

4 weeks later
    #76 5 years ago

Anybody have time for a 7pm tournament tonight?

3 weeks later
    #77 5 years ago

Hey trk12fire!
    I stopped by the theater a few weeks ago on my way back to Roseville and got some time on all your games! Great Line up, loved Deadpool! How are they doing making money on location? I just ordered Munsters Pro to put on location at a really busy sandwich shop in Roseville, just testing the waters, Ive never had anything on location the only other game I have ever owned is a GnR thats never leaving my house! It should arive this week!

#78 5 years ago

Please tell me or PM me your Roseville Sandwich shop? I'll be eating there the day Munsters goes live.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from jkleinnd:

Please tell me or PM me your Roseville Sandwich shop? I'll be eating there the day Munsters goes live.

Agreed, where's the sandwich shop? I'd liked to try out Munsters. Additionally, I just use the money to upgrade and buy new machines. It's worth it for me. I now have a fun place to play with my friends. No money goes to my pocket.

#80 5 years ago

It is going into The Sandwich Spot! My goal really the same! Not so much to make money, but to have a place everyone can enjoy, I can take my kids, its 5 mins from my house and maybe it payes for itself after a few years. There is a perfect nook for a few games, to replace a broken foosball table that serves little purpose. I am also on the lookout for a sligtly used GOTG and maybe a Street Fighter arcade. There was a slight delay on shipping but it looks like it will arive early this coming week and I will have it set up at my house install a bill acceptor, and break it in before I take it over there. I will post the exact date in advace to let everyone know, A as soon as I get it.

#81 5 years ago

I would put it in the Sandwich Shop asap, while it's still exciting and new.

#82 5 years ago

I'll be updating the Deadpool code in about an hour.

#83 5 years ago

The new Deadpool code is awesome. Lots of changes. Can't believe Stern actually made the machine even better!

#84 5 years ago

Sweet, ill definatelly be up there soon to check it out!
    My Munsters Pro is going live on location tomorrow at The Sandwich Spot in Roseville, Ca! Come by sometime for some Munster Madness and some delicious sandwiches!

#85 5 years ago

Just played Munsters today Jaketime81 played like a new game out of the box

Thanks for bringing it over there

#86 5 years ago

I can't wait to check out your location Da-Shaker I'm in Roseville and use the pinball map frequently updating locations

Alex aka AWL CCPL

1 month later
    #87 5 years ago

I might be selling X-Men Pro and buying a Multi-Arcade. Anybody have experience with these?

1 month later
    #88 4 years ago

X-Men has been sold and Multi-cade is in. We'll probably buy a Defender too. Then an older style 4th pinball machine. Thank you to all the people who have stopped by and have helped me develope the cafe.

#89 4 years ago
    5784 (resized).jpeg5784 (resized).jpeg
    #90 4 years ago
    5783 (resized).jpeg5783 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #91 4 years ago

JURASSIC PARK ON ORDER! Iron Man is going up for sale.

63431_01 (resized).jpg63431_01 (resized).jpg
    #92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

JURASSIC PARK ON ORDER! Iron Man is going up for sale.[quoted image]

Good move. Iron Man is too brutal for most in the general public and didn't do that great here (XMEN LE was a dud, too). I'd also swap out the Star Trek for an AfMr LE. That makes consistently great money on route. Also, it's expensive, but jjPotC KILLS on route at $1.50/game or 4/$5 (with 4 balls vs 3 balls for everything else we have out). Honeymoon period was 100% more income than anything else and has settled in to making 50% more than all other pins, so the price isn't turning anyone off.

Also, gun games do better than multicades in my experience.

#93 4 years ago

Thx for the suggestions Monk. I watched a couple play a 2 minute game yesterday on Iron Man. IM does earn well, actually better than ST. I've thought about AFM a few times. I'm sure it earns and is a fun family game. However the price is high and I've played it a ton. So I won't get much joy in it. There's a good possibility that I'll sell ST for Elvira 3, if it comes out in October.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thx for the suggestions Monk. I watched a couple play a 2 minute game yesterday on Iron Man. IM does earn well, actually better than ST. I've thought about AFM a few times. I'm sure it earns and is a fun family game. However the price is high and I've played it a ton. So I won't get much joy in it. There's a good possibility that I'll sell ST for Elvira 3, if it comes out in October.

Star Trek Prem was an earnings dud when we had it. We're not talking Munsters-level bad, but bad.

4 weeks later
    #95 4 years ago

Took your advise Monk,
    AFM SE on order, ships Monday.
    Sounds like Jurassic will be arriving Mon or Tues

afmsemachine (resized).jpgafmsemachine (resized).jpg
    #96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Took your advise Monk,
    AFM SE on order, ships Monday.
    Sounds like Jurassic will be arriving Mon or Tues[quoted image]

I hope you don't have problems with the clear bunching on JP. Seems to be fairly widespread, and those bunches WILL eventually chip on a route. I'd inspect it very carefully.

#97 4 years ago

I'm not worried, we'll play the crap out of it either way.

#98 4 years ago

Jurassic Park just arrived and it's amazing! Attack from Mars arrives next week.

7866 (resized).jpeg7866 (resized).jpeg
    #99 4 years ago

There's a debate on keeping Star Trek, let me know if we should keep it or just have 3 machines

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

There's a debate on keeping Star Trek, let me know if we should keep it or just have 3 machines

Is the other option selling it?

If so, I may be interested.

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-location-in-grass-valley-ca-any-interest/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.