Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tgtedward
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0998_(Custom).JPG
    DSCN0999_(Custom).JPG
    DSCN0993_(Custom).JPG
    DSCN0975_(Custom).JPG
    DSCN0972_(Custom).JPG
    DSCN0970_(Custom).JPG
    DSC_8294_(Custom).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballptpentheif.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 11 years ago

I guess I know where I'm getting pizza from.

#41 11 years ago

Do they serve booze-ahol there? I was going to go to the 304 club for my birthday but now I'm rethinking my life.

#44 11 years ago

@stangbat

I don't mean to derail the thread but do you know any good EM guys? So far I've been able to handle the issues with my own machine but I imagine that I'm going to eventually hit a wall if something serious happens. I'm new to both pinball and the KC metro area, so any recommendation there would be helpful.

2 weeks later
    #46 11 years ago

I guess I'm getting the best of both worlds. Pizza West for food and pins tomorrow night and then 304 Club on Sunday night. This should be a fun weekend. Thank you, Stangbat, for creating another venue for real pinball.

#49 11 years ago

I checked their menu, apparently they serve Poutine there. I guess there's first time for everything.

#50 11 years ago

So I missed the tournament on Saturday, dinner was great though and I got to meet Stangbat. Great guy. I tried again today, and despite having to plow through 1 little league baseball award ceremony and a girl scout party, the tables were awesome. I guess summer sundays are big on kids parties but the staff was very adamant that it was okay for me to play the tables despite the room being rented out.

The kids were just blindly throwing coins into the machines and it was common to find free credits idly waiting for me to just walk up and press the start button. The funnest experiment though was being able to finally play a real version of Whirlwind. I've only played it on a video game, so it was fun to see how my virtual skills could translate (if at all) to a real table.

Overall, I had a great time and I'd like to thank Strangbat for making my evening possible. Oh and my wife.. I also have to thank my wife for hanging around me long enough so I didn't look like a local sex offender.

Awkward moment of the day: Five, 8-10 year old girls lounging around the glass on the Whirlwind table while I hit multiball. I was scared that I was going to slap nudge the table and hit some guy's daughter in the jaw.

#52 11 years ago

Honestly, the kids were great. (though there was this one weird kid that kept petting my hand. i froze up and just kept repeating, "please stop, please stop" until he went away. that was weird.)

I didn't mind the crowd at all, at some moments I felt like a creepy imposition but my wife helped to curb that image. It was actually amazing to see all these kids, encountering pinball for the first time, and being the first person to show them what a multiball looks like.

i think the fact that people are playing (no matter what age) is a great thing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballptpentheif.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-location-for-pinball-in-western-kc?tu=ballptpentheif and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.