Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Celiac502
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

no_fear_led_2.jpg
    DSCN1345.JPG
    DSCN1344.JPG
    DSCN1343.JPG
    100_0027.JPG
    DSCN0227.JPG
    DSCN0223.JPG
    DSCN0147.JPG
    IMG_0078.jpg
    FlexibleLEDPinball.jpg
    TronProEL.jpg
    photo.JPG
    TZ_Spiral_mod.jpg
    dsc_(1).jpg
    dsc.jpg
    dsc_(5).jpg
    There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I've just done my Tron and IM in LEDs and I've began the process buying 5 of each colour in each brand to allow me to experiment and compare brands side by side, once I'm certain I'm happy I'll order enough to complete each pin.

I would like to see what you come up with. I figured the DIY kit would be the "best" thus why I have been looking around and not ordered a kit yet

Where did you order your LEDs from ? CT, PDL, anyone else ?

#102 11 years ago

Use your creative eye and have enough spares on hand to do some swapping. I use both PBL and CT

I also order from PinballCenter out of Germany they have hard to find colors like teal & turquoise. The best Bright Frosted LEDs come from BC's pinball.But BC is out of stock alot of the time.But if you can get them they are great . All of my pinball machines have LEDs from multiple companies. Here is a photo of LOTR Character inserts from PinballCenter,Sling shot from coin taker (1) 5 high power and (1) 3 led from Pinball Life!!

100_0027.JPG100_0027.JPG

#103 11 years ago

Here's the RFM pics. Blurry, but you get the point. I can re-take them if needed.

Pic 1 - Middle is incandesent
    Pic 2 - same as one
    Pic 3 - All LEDs

DSCN1343.JPGDSCN1343.JPG DSCN1344.JPGDSCN1344.JPG DSCN1345.JPGDSCN1345.JPG

#104 11 years ago
    Quoted from asnatlas:

I am looking for LEDs for my TRON machine. I am debating doing Orange / Blue.

Orange (and yellow) LEDs are often so dim that you need super bright Oranges to match the output of the standard blues.

1 week later
    #105 11 years ago

not a great pic as it was taken from my camara phone....but these are the 4 leds from pinball life...

no_fear_led_2.jpgno_fear_led_2.jpg

#106 11 years ago

pacattack is going strong! Nice one man.

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

pacattack is going strong! Nice one man.

yeah pretty frickin bright....not sure if Im going to keep it like this but you can still see the ball while playing and read the inserts etc lol Also, looks much much better in person....my camara phone sucks....and their is not any glare like you see in the picture....wwf up next if I keep it......

#108 11 years ago

Speaking of older games, I experimented with putting LEDs on my Target Alpha when I was doing some switch and popbumper work on it. I used CT warm whites and retros. I did not use them behind the backglass though. Looks great; glad I did it. Ended up ordering some more for a few other EMs and Gottlieb Sys 1 games I have. If I don't like it, very simple to switch back. I wish they had existed in the 70s, so perhaps the plastics on my 2001 hadn't gotten toasted to bacon.

#109 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Not only that, but Ablaze line is missing a good GI LED as well. As far as I'm concerned, the only LEDs that I have seen on the market that are suitable replacements are the cointaker warm or cool white frosteds. The transluscent white dome does a FANTASTIC job of throwing light out the sides, and they're just a bit brighter than the normal 44. If I had a single complaint, and I'm really nitpicking here, it would be that the "warm" white is just a little cooler on the color temperature than an incandescent, but it's still a massive improvement over any other LED for GI.
    I put the warm whites all up in my Stargate under the PITA-to-get-to areas at the top of the playfield, game looks amazing. I wish I had picked up a hundred of them instead of 20 at TPF.
    To be fair, I have and do use Ablaze LEDs for most of my insert applications. Dunno what I'm going to do with STTNG though, there are a ton of sockets that are completely parallel to the playfield to light inserts. I may just try the colored frosted again since they throw so much light out the side!

I agree that the frosted CT bulbs are the best for GI locations. Try the CT ultra flex LEDs for the sideways mounted 555 insert locations.

#110 11 years ago

They are nice, and a good price also.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-leds-at-pinball-life/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.