3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 77 days ago by EightBallTexas
  • Topic is favorited by 94 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190621_225940.jpg
    20190621_230002.jpg
    20190621_230214.jpg
    20190529_172338 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190520_160702 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190520_160130 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190520_152341 (resized).jpg
    4 (resized).jpg
    15503452285655523882596738123633.jpg
    20190216_141612.jpg
    20190216_141559.jpg
    20181210_210810 (resized).jpg
    tron  (resized).jpg
    8B8C4187-DA3D-46D0-B03A-6B036F2333BD (resized).jpeg
    61FA7A9D-559B-4573-A704-B6C99FD39B7A (resized).jpeg
    87B3A684-3E7B-4ED3-AF38-CBC7951D2F38 (resized).jpeg

There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
    #251 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

The lettering on the front of the cab is blue isn't it?

Lettering is red, with a blue and black artwork

#252 3 years ago

Giving this a bump to see if anyone was in need.

Thanks,

MustangPaul

#253 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Giving this a bump to see if anyone was in need.

In "need"? LOL You know this community's addiction well. I need a red for IM and a green for WOZ, but have to wait for the beginning of next month as I have to budget my mod addiction to not get too much flack from my wife (who is just a pinball addict, not a mod addict). I over-spent on pinball in June-July, so I'm in a self imposed "time-out" right now to keep the peace. Just a heads up ... my order will be placed soon.

#254 3 years ago

Yeah King, sooooo many of us (including me) are addicted to mods. You know where to find me and if you order more then one kit I'll knock off some bucks and throw in some of my clear leg bolt washers that I just had made up. Some of the light from the leg light-ups actually lights them up, not real bright but some.

#255 3 years ago

Hey guys, on a different note I just finished the LE apron inserts that I have on my GB Pro. Now just waiting for the 5v flashers and sockets from CT. The last picture is back lit by the sun.

IMGA0630[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0631[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0632[2]_(resized).JPG

#256 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

No one has ordered them for that game yet Rose, you'd be the first.

Hook me up w/ a Blue Kit brother .. PM me yr Paypal info ... Thank U .... B_R

I'll Post pict's - when installed ,,

#257 3 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Hook me up w/ a Blue Kit brother .. PM me yr Paypal info ... Thank U .... B_R
    I'll Post pict's - when installed ,,

BR, pm sent. Thanks

#258 3 years ago

Hey Paul-

I need a set of Red for Met and a Blue set for GB. I sent a pm also.

Thank you.
    FrankMac

#259 3 years ago
    Quoted from frankmac:

Hey Paul-
    I need a set of Red for Met and a Blue set for GB. I sent a pm also.
    Thank you.
    FrankMac

PM sent. Thanks Frank.

#260 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

PM sent. Thanks Frank.

Thank you!!

#261 3 years ago

Add Hobbit to your list!!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#262 3 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

INCREDIBLE!!! I'm at a loss for words!!! What do people say when they see them lit up like that? Are they afraid to go near them? Thank you soooo much for posting these. I'm honored to have made a contribution to these 2 beautiful games. You should send these pictures to Jack.

#263 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

INCREDIBLE!!! I'm at a loss for words!!! What do people say when they see them lit up like that? Are they afraid to go near them? Thank you soooo much for posting these. I'm honored to have made a contribution to these 2 beautiful games. You should send these pictures to Jack.

Nobody has been over to see Hobbit yet because I just got it 2 days ago Thanks again for your hard work!!!

#264 3 years ago

I see. Wish I could afford a Hobbit, beautiful and fun game.

#265 3 years ago

I'd like to see the yellow light up legs on a Hobbit. Still waiting for my Hobbit to arrive ... a few more months.

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

wow, what a nice game.
    set up looks great, looks like the hobbit is on fire.
    thanks for posting pics.

#267 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I'd like to see the yellow light up legs on a Hobbit. Still waiting for my Hobbit to arrive ... a few more months.

About the closest is the amber on an IMVE. Scan the pages to see what that looks like. I think amber would look good too

#268 3 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

wow, what a nice game.
    set up looks great, looks like the hobbit is on fire.
    thanks for posting pics.

Especially with your lit shooter housing. That completes the light up look.

#269 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:I'd like to see the yellow light up legs on a Hobbit. Still waiting for my Hobbit to arrive ... a few more months.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

About the closest is the amber on an IMVE. Scan the pages to see what that looks like. I think amber would look good too

Okay, I'm game. I'm going to pm you and Bob and put the amber on my Hobbit. Already have the red and blue on TWD and GOT pre respectively.

#270 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arctour:

Okay, I'm game. I'm going to pm you and Bob and put the amber on my Hobbit.

Please post a pic when you get them on. Maybe I'll pre-purchase them (before my Hobbit arrives) while I order some others for my WOZ and IM.

1 week later
    #271 3 years ago

Thank you Paul!! The pins look great!!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#272 3 years ago

Oh WOW Frank, your camera takes beautiful pictures, they look GREAT! Were you able to use the leg washers I sent you, were the leg bolts long enough? Would it be alright with you if I shared your pictures?

I'm honored to have my mod on your beautiful games,

Paul

#273 3 years ago

Thanks Paul for a great product! Feel free to use any pictures!! If more are needed just let me know... Thanks again!

#274 3 years ago
    Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks Paul for a great product! Feel free to use any pictures!! If more are needed just let me know... Thanks again!

Thanks a million Frank.

#275 3 years ago

Hi guys, something new here. Some people are putting these on all 4 legs and some wanted to put them on earlier games like Space Shuttle but were turned off by how long they were and hung down from the cab. Well I designed some that are even with the bottom on games like Space shuttle and only hang down about 3/4 inch on the back of newer games. I also now have a wiring harness that ties the back legs to the front so only one power plug in is needed to run all 4 Leg Light-Ups.

More good news, I had special clear leg bolt washers custom made and will include 4 with every Leg Light-Up kit for FREE. I have been testing them and they stand up GREAT to multiple leg take off and re-attachments, so far I'm up to 6 and they still work great. If you would like to put the washers on other games pm me for details.

Sorry for the crappy photos, it's the best my camera will do.

IMGA0669[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0670[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0671[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0672[1]_(resized).JPG

1 week later
    #276 3 years ago

Just ordered the clear washers from Paul but can't seem to get them to light up very well.. How have other people installed?

20160817_122956_(resized).jpg

20160817_123007_(resized).jpg

#277 3 years ago
    Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just ordered the clear washers from Paul but can't seem to get them to light up very well.. How have other people installed?

They light up a little but not much.

2 weeks later
    #278 3 years ago

Any way to score some leg light-ups in blue for a TRON? Thanks!

3 weeks later
    #279 3 years ago

Lotr! Thanks again Paul!

IMG_3016 (resized).JPG

IMG_3018 (resized).JPG

IMG_3017 (resized).JPG

IMG_3024 (resized).JPG

IMG_3025 (resized).JPG

IMG_3004 (resized).JPG

IMG_3005 (resized).JPG

#280 3 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Lotr! Thanks again Paul!

WOW!!! The red makes the game look like it's on fire. Having those games spaced that far apart with all 4 legs lit REALLY highlights how GREAT your games look. I'm honored to have a hand in making your games look so beautiful. Thanks sooooo much for posting your pictures.

2 weeks later
    #281 3 years ago

Finally got around to installing my leg light ups.
    They look amazing, very happy with the effect.
    I'll tidy up the wiring next time I pull the playfield, was in a bit of a rush getting the pin ready for some friends coming over.
    Many thanks Paul, great item and great communication, cheers!

IMG_0779 (resized).JPG

IMG_0777 (resized).JPG

#282 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Finally got around to installing my leg light ups.
    They look amazing, very happy with the effect.
    I'll tidy up the wiring next time I pull the playfield, was in a bit of a rush getting the pin ready for some friends coming over.
    Many thanks Paul, great item and great communication, cheers!

Thanks Jd the green looks great on the LE. Your camera really shows how nice they look. Just tape the slack wires to the underside of the cab. As a suggestion, now you need beatmasters green shooter housing.

2 weeks later
    #283 2 years ago

I bought some purples to put on my GB Premium from Paul, what seems like an eon ago as I wait for that machine..

Recently though, I bought another set for a Star Wars that I'm doing and wanted to share on the thread. I really like this mod!!

IMG_6706 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6710 (resized).JPG

IMG_0337 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3906 (resized).JPG

An overexposed shot as well, to show the leg light ups better:

IMG_6955 (resized).JPG

I found the kit to be well made and I appreciated that He included pads to install between the clear protector and my cabinet.

In my case, i ran cabling through existing holes that were already in my cabinet. (I don't know why these holes were there but at around 1/8"-1/4" they were plenty big enough to push through these wires.

IMG_6984 (resized).JPG

I was I a bit for a hurry to get the machine up for our Halloween party, I plan to go back and grommet these holes, at minimum. I was also thinking that for making it easier to take the legs on / off for moving the pin (tournaments, etc) - that I might install 1/4" or so circular two-prong receptacles like you sometimes see on 12volt transformers (wall-worts) on the DC side.. That would allow for a cleaner plug-in solution beneath the cab and would lend to more permanent wire management as well. I've got that on my TODO list but I have a few other things to do to this pin before I get to that. (R2 is missing a leg, board work on the original power supply)

IMG_6929 (resized).JPG

I used hotglue for holding the wires into place beneath the cab. It looks ugly from under the can but I like that hot glue is easily removable. You can work it out like caulking and get a smoother finish that what I did here but again- I was in a hurry this first pass. I'll go back and OCD it up later

I have an abundance of speaker wire and tend to use it when making custom molex, extensions.

To feed power, i tied into the tertiary power tap that comes off of my colordmd harness. DKPinball makes (and Mezel sells) a similar- if not identical- power tap for data east and other games.

IMG_6938 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6935 (resized).JPG

I mount a power splitter in the back box and run everything that is to be always-on to this splitter.

IMG_6943 (resized).JPG

If you don't want always-on power, I recommend tapping into the backbox GI circuit. I installed a molex here, as well, though I'm not sure that I'd recommend running the full splitter rig off of the backbox interactive GI. A couple extra accessories won't hurt anything though.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with the leg light ups. They are quite cool. Can't wait to add them to GB next...

#284 2 years ago

Hey Bill, thanks for the great post, they look great. Now to get you GB and put the purple ones on and more pictures.

#285 2 years ago

Nevermind.

1 week later
    #287 2 years ago

Has anyone thought of installing these on a CFTBL?

#288 2 years ago
    Quoted from KBRI1700:

Has anyone thought of installing these on a CFTBL?

No, I haven't sold one for that game yet. The 12v power would have to come from the service box 110 plug via a converter wall wort ( $5-$7 on ebay) and I would have to supply you with a wired Molex plug for you to splice into that plug to plug my mod into it. That would be an extra $5 if you can't make it yourself.

#289 2 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

No, I haven't sold one for that game yet. The 12v power would have to come from the service box 110 plug via a converter wall wort ( $5-$7 on ebay) and I would have to supply you with a wired Molex plug for you to splice into that plug to plug my mod into it. That would be an extra $5 if you can't make it yourself.

Paul, I will mainly be putting mine on Bally/Williams. When I figure out what I want and order, I will send you some pictures of them on Bally/Williams.

Dan

#291 2 years ago

you could use 5 volt LED strips in your bally williams games ...That what i did for my playboy and space invaders...just wire it to your GI...can't get any easier than that

#292 2 years ago
    Quoted from itshowtime:

you could use 5 volt LED strips in your bally williams games ...That what i did for my playboy and space invaders...just wire it to your GI...can't get any easier than that

No, I use different 12v strips that fit my design perfectly, they are brighter then normal 12v strips. Never seen a 5v strip.

#293 2 years ago

sorry 6.3 volt strips..comet pinball sells them ...i used the matrix system... i have bought the 12 volt and 6.3 strips no difference in brightness

#294 2 years ago

Yeah 6.3v. There's a BIG difference in physical size, number of leds per inch and brightness with the strips I buy. I know, I've tried everything on the market to get the perfect strip for my mod.

#295 2 years ago

Paul here is some pics of my games20161112_202214 (resized).jpg20161112_202312 (resized).jpg20161112_202245 (resized).jpg20161112_202343 (resized).jpg20161112_202139 (resized).jpg20161112_202149 (resized).jpg

#296 2 years ago

Very nice. I would appreciate it if you posted your pictures on your own thread not on mine. Thank you.

#297 2 years ago

Paul,

Any thought about allowing these to color change? They all look so good and I can't decide which color I want to use on my Spidey and GB premium. Like is it possible to splice in those common Chinese LED strip color changing IR receivers and with the remotes?

Thanks in advance!

#298 2 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Paul,
    Any thought about allowing these to color change? They all look so good and I can't decide which color I want to use on my Spidey and GB premium. Like is it possible to splice in those common Chinese LED strip color changing IR receivers and with the remotes?
    Thanks in advance!

It could be done but the price would probably double I think. Retooling, the rgb strips only come in 5 meter lengths so most of it would be thrown away, an rgb cable and connectors to connect the 2 strips so they act as one, a 12v wall wort for power so you would have to turn them on and off manually which is no big deal cuz you'd use the remote to do that. If you used the better remote that has effects that might be more I think. I don't have any of the parts needed so that would take some time to get them shipped in, maybe as long as a month. Just this simple thing is a major undertaking but it's doable.

2 months later
    #299 2 years ago

Paul,

I finish installing many of the light-ups on my pins. Here is a few pics of how they look. Still have TZ and GB to do yet.

IMG_1586 (resized).JPG

IMG_1596 (resized).JPG

IMG_1611 (resized).JPG

IMG_1604 (resized).JPG

IMG_1607 (resized).JPG

#300 2 years ago

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, has anyone that installed these seen any deformity in the decal/wood from using these?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 89.99
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 219.99
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 160.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    € 18.95
    $ 149.00
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside