Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 747 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Cayenne
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Batman Forever (resized).jpg
    20220517_212348 (resized).jpg
    20220517_212334 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220415_210456 (resized).jpg
    20220212_235508.jpg
    20220212_235502.jpg
    896CBDE8-E44D-48AD-8AAC-8CFC56D63529 (resized).jpeg
    7F46D8FE-703F-4C6A-8CFA-5606E4F118AC (resized).jpeg
    9BB64E7F-A217-4234-A48D-6046F851A597 (resized).jpeg
    862CB6F1-5AD6-4883-8196-E560CBAE89A8 (resized).jpeg
    4696043A-1495-46A7-A194-77C16D9075B2 (resized).jpeg
    6D990869-C5CF-47A6-8B86-52CF939209A6 (resized).jpeg
    5850AF6B-BD3D-4C31-8B32-AFA0A35C83A5 (resized).jpeg
    D66E1A65-6572-4F88-8F5E-0D76A7273F77 (resized).jpeg
    B038E786-E20A-407A-B03E-988FEAC64935 (resized).jpeg
    2021-12-05 14.36.24.jpg

There are 747 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.
    #501 5 years ago

OK guys and gals my cnc guy has done his magic and I have even done a slight design change for the better which is more light to the tip of the plastic protector. I have a few back orders to fill so it's full steam ahead. Oh and don't forget about my Pincup light up and my Free shipping offer in the lower 48 for any of my 2 mods.

#502 5 years ago

Paul... good news! Question for you. I've followed this thread only loosely, so forgive me if it's already answered. Can you place these leg light up plastic protectors over existing metal protectors? And assuming you can, would the original bolts be long enough if we add the plastic washers as well? Or do you recommend new longer bolts?

#503 5 years ago

Just got a pair and put them on my Tron. Looks just as good as I expected

tron (resized).jpgtron (resized).jpg
    #504 5 years ago

nice to see you found a solution Paul.

shooter housing light up goes very well with paul's leg light up, just shoot me a pm guys.

#505 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Paul... good news! Question for you. I've followed this thread only loosely, so forgive me if it's already answered. Can you place these leg light up plastic protectors over existing metal protectors? And assuming you can, would the original bolts be long enough if we add the plastic washers as well? Or do you recommend new longer bolts?

Yes they will go over the small metal ones, they will not make contact with your decals. Yes I suggest the longer ones, better to have a few more threads coming out the back then to few. And if you have replaced the skimpy ass stock bolt plates with the heavy duty kind it is a MUST to use the longer bolts.

#506 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Just got a pair and put them on my Tron. Looks just as good as I expected
    [quoted image]

They sure do Jon and my slight redesign lights up the tip better. Thanks for posting and I do recommend beatmasters blue shooter housing light up as a next step for the ultimate front of cabinet light up. I have them on all but one of my games, RFM has a button shooter that's why it doesn't have one.

#507 5 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

nice to see you found a solution Paul.
    shooter housing light up goes very well with paul's leg light up, just shoot me a pm guys.

Thanks Bob. I highly recommend it, Bobs mod is top notch.

#508 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

They sure do Jon and my slight redesign lights up the tip better. Thanks for posting and I do recommend beatmasters blue shooter housing light up as a next step for the ultimate front of cabinet light up. I have them on all but one of my games, RFM has a button shooter that's why it doesn't have one.

He said "lights up the tip better" lol it always starts with the tip ha ha

#509 5 years ago

TNA people... are you getting that power tap to run this? I already have light up rails. Don’t want to overload my game.

#510 5 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

He said "lights up the tip better" lol it always starts with the tip ha ha

#511 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

TNA people... are you getting that power tap to run this? I already have light up rails. Don’t want to overload my game.

If your gonna put a lot of 12v mods on your game this is the way to go, 8 way distro board powered with a 110v 12v 2-3 amp converter. This is in my Jackbot but I have the same setup in GB also.

IMGA0596 (resized).JPGIMGA0596 (resized).JPG
    #512 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

If your gonna put a lot of 12v mods on your game this is the way to go, 8 way distro board powered with a 110v 12v 2-3 amp converter. This is in my Jackbot but I have the same setup in GB also.

Hey that's a pretty sweet set up. Where did you get that power distributor board? Sure beats the power strip I have in mine.

#514 5 years ago
    Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Hey that's a pretty sweet set up. Where did you get that power distributor board? Sure beats the power strip I have in mine.

Beatmaster beat me to it, it is plug-n-play for his shooter housing light up and my Pincup Light too. If you add a bunch of 6v lights a setup like that using a 110v to 6v wall wart will do the same thing. I added a shit ton of 6v lights to my Jackbot and did the same thing for them.

#515 5 years ago

Awesome , thanks ...I have a mix of 6v and 12v mods on my BoP so I would need two but not enough of either to justify getting two. Now if everything was the same voltage I could fill one up and clean up a lot of clutter.

#516 5 years ago

Can someone share a photo how the kit looks like before it is installed?

1 week later
    #517 5 years ago

Could use a little info on this splitter board. I have a 12v power supply in the head, I would use it as a power supply to the splitter board. I would then need to make the connectors and wire all the lighted mods I am installing. My question is how would the wiring be connected into the .093 pin receptacles as far as ground and power? As to not smoke anything in my pin.

#518 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

Could use a little info on this splitter board. I have a 12v power supply in the head, I would use it as a power supply to the splitter board. I would then need to make the connectors and wire all the lighted mods I am installing. My question is how would the wiring be connected into the .093 pin receptacles as far as ground and power? As to not smoke anything in my pin.

It's labeled on the splitter board.

#519 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

The connector plug is keyed. The flat end of the female connector is + and the pointed end is -. The white stripe on the black wire is + and the all black wire is -. Remember white is right. The female connector plugs into one of the 8 male connectors on the splitter board and the one male power connector plugs into the one female connector on the splitter board from your 12v power source.

Female to 1 of the 8 male plugs on the splitter board,
    IMGA0845 (resized).JPGIMGA0845 (resized).JPG

and the 1 male plug from the 12v power source plugs into the one female plug on the splitter board.
    IMGA0846 (resized).JPGIMGA0846 (resized).JPG

Hope this helps,

Paul

#520 5 years ago

Some pics of my Back To The Future with new leg lights and shooter housing...

IMG_0873 (resized).jpgIMG_0873 (resized).jpgIMG_0874 (resized).jpgIMG_0874 (resized).jpgIMG_0875 (resized).jpgIMG_0875 (resized).jpgIMG_0876 (resized).jpgIMG_0876 (resized).jpgIMG_0877 (resized).jpgIMG_0877 (resized).jpgIMG_0878 (resized).jpgIMG_0878 (resized).jpg
    #523 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The blue is perfect on that game. Don't you wish you had a blue start button, a blue Angle Eye button looks cool but you have to mess with the hole so it's a permanent mod. I did it on my Space Shuttle and Space Station. Where did you get 12v power from on this game? I'm sure people would like to know.

Many thanks for your post. Enjoy.

#524 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

very very nice they both look great!

#525 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm very happy with how the game looks. Cant thank Paul and Beatmaster enough for their efforts.

#526 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Where did you get 12v power from on this game? I'm sure people would like to know.
    Many thanks for your post. Enjoy.

I used the wall wart and relay board that the guys at "lighted pinball mods" uses for many of their mods (lighted speaker panels, lighted hinge covers, etc). I spliced the wiring for the leg light ups, shooter housing, and the lighted flipper buttons into barrel connectors and used a three way splitter to connect them all. I have a couple pics...

IMG_0882 (resized).jpgIMG_0882 (resized).jpgIMG_0883 (resized).jpgIMG_0883 (resized).jpgIMG_0884 (resized).jpgIMG_0884 (resized).jpgIMG_0887 (resized).jpgIMG_0887 (resized).jpg
    #527 5 years ago

Thanks Glen, that's an interesting way of powering them. Now your not putting any stress on your game power board. How many amp wall wart did you use?

#528 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks Glen, that's an interesting way of powering them. Now your not putting any stress on your game power board. How many amp wall wart did you use?

I believe its 2 amp.

#530 5 years ago

Has anyone put the leg light-ups on Iron Maiden yet? If so, what color?

#531 5 years ago
    Quoted from DrMark12PA:

i made a few red shooter housing light up for Iron Maiden.

i imagine a yellow/amber would be nice also.

#532 5 years ago
    Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I agree with Bob, red would look killer.

#533 5 years ago

I’m only waiting on one more thing! Can anybody guess what it is? I will deff be getting some red and green leg light ups as well.

0DDB2B76-BD3A-4D9F-B871-DBCFC0034F53 (resized).jpeg0DDB2B76-BD3A-4D9F-B871-DBCFC0034F53 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #534 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

I’m only waiting on one more thing! Can anybody guess what it is? I will deff be getting some red and green leg light ups as well.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Joe they look great, the brightness is a bit blown out but that's to be expected with ccd cameras when taking pictures of leds. They look great in real life don't they. Yup you need a shooter housing light up from Bob. What would look great also is my blue Pincup light up with PBL's clear blue cup holder or even just the light up, it looks nice with the black cup holder too. People never forget where their drink is or miss the cup holder.

How did you power them? Would you mind sharing that info?

Thanks again and I'll be here when you want more. I have ALL the parts now so there will be no delay.

Paul

#535 5 years ago
    Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Here is what both red and blue look like on Iron Maiden pro.
    I went with red, but blue looks great too.

IMG_1205 (resized).jpgIMG_1205 (resized).jpgIMG_1214 (resized).jpgIMG_1214 (resized).jpgIMG_1193 (resized).jpgIMG_1193 (resized).jpg
    #536 5 years ago
    Quoted from JohnVee:

Here is what both red and blue look like on Iron Maiden pro.
    I went with red, but blue looks great too.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks John, I like red best.

#537 5 years ago

Those red do look good with IM.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-whitestar-or-sam-operating-systems.html
    This is the splitter I went with. It really is not specific to stern just listed that way. I used the supplied 12v in the head as a power supply. Then made my own harnesses to connect up as some wiring was short and some was too long. Your leg light ups was a bit short since I put the splitter more to the back of cab. I will have to do the same for the shooter housing from beatmaster.
    I have a ratcheting crimper which I suggest to any one who does or will be doing a lot of crimping. Other then that it's a cake walk.
    They are Awesome, Thanks again and great mod! You and Beatmasters mods are a must for me. Although you still don't have me sold on the pincups, just yet,

#538 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

Those red do look good with IM.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-whitestar-or-sam-operating-systems.html
    This is the splitter I went with. It really is not specific to stern just listed that way. I used the supplied 12v in the head as a power supply. Then made my own harnesses to connect up as some wiring was short and some was too long. Your leg light ups was a bit short since I put the splitter more to the back of cab. I will have to do the same for the shooter housing from beatmaster.
    I have a ratcheting crimper which I suggest to any one who does or will be doing a lot of crimping. Other then that it's a cake walk.
    They are Awesome, Thanks again and great mod! You and Beatmasters mods are a must for me. Although you still don't have me sold on the pincups, just yet,

Thanks Joe, I have that board on all my games powered with a 2 amp wall wart plugged into a power strip that has a on/off in the coin box space so I just open the coin door, flick the switch and all my 12v mods come on. Some of my games are older and I don't like to stress them with the 12v mods. I also have beatmasters mod on 13 of my 14 games, he even makes them for gun shooter handles like T3 and Batman Forever. One of these days I'm going to send my RFM button launcher housing to him to make one for it then all my games will have his great mod.

#539 5 years ago

Oh man... I put the "cool blue" ones on my Twilight Zone. This color is perfect on TZ. Not too blue but not white either. I took pics with and without flash. I love these Paul!

IMG_0903 (resized).jpgIMG_0903 (resized).jpgIMG_0904 (resized).jpgIMG_0904 (resized).jpgIMG_0905 (resized).jpgIMG_0905 (resized).jpgIMG_0906 (resized).jpgIMG_0906 (resized).jpgIMG_0907 (resized).jpgIMG_0907 (resized).jpg

#540 5 years ago

Thanks for the kind words Glen, you made a smart call going with the cool blue, they look great. Did you notice that the leg bolt washers light up some too. Thanks again for the pictures. That is one sharp lookin TZ.

#541 5 years ago

AS premium with lots of bling. Also has pinstadium lights and Rock Custom Pinball under cab RGB flashers. The leg light ups and Beatmaster housing lights compliment the Hooked rail lights and the special purple hinge lights. The hinge lights are one hue of purple off, but isn't as noticeable in person. I will add speaker lights by Christmas.

20181115_200355 (resized).jpg20181115_200355 (resized).jpg

#542 5 years ago

I agree, both mods complete each other. So you could say they complete each other!

87B3A684-3E7B-4ED3-AF38-CBC7951D2F38 (resized).jpeg87B3A684-3E7B-4ED3-AF38-CBC7951D2F38 (resized).jpeg
    #543 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

I agree, both mods complete each other. So you could say they complete each other! [quoted image]

Yup and now that PBL has their Deluxe removeable clear white PinGulp for only $11 plus I can match any of my 7 Leg Light colors to my Pincup Light Up and bam you'll know exactly where you left your drink.

IMGA0849 (resized).JPGIMGA0849 (resized).JPGIMGA0848 (resized).JPGIMGA0848 (resized).JPGIMGA0847 (resized).JPGIMGA0847 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #544 5 years ago

All installed!

61FA7A9D-559B-4573-A704-B6C99FD39B7A (resized).jpeg61FA7A9D-559B-4573-A704-B6C99FD39B7A (resized).jpeg
    #545 5 years ago

WOW Joe do they look GREAT, they really light up your games especially with beatmasters shooter light up. Thank you for your order.

#546 5 years ago

looking good,i might use that pic if you don't mind.

#547 5 years ago

You are more than welcome to use it!!!!

#549 5 years ago

Yes you too!!

There are 747 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-leg-light-ups/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.