Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0338.JPG
    IMGA0337.JPG
    IMGA0336.JPG
    under guitar leds.JPG
    leds pop bumper area.JPG1.JPG
    leds pop bumper area.JPG
    foil.jpg
    20140312_204410.jpg
    Flintstones Light Strips 001.JPG
    strip.jpg
    sttng_playfield.jpg
    2 SMD FLUTED DOME R-932.JPG
    2 SMD FLUTED DOME NW-922.JPG
    2 SMD FLUTED DOME B-414.JPG
    2 SMD FLUTED DOME G-274.JPG
    2 SMD FLUTED DOME WW-530.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pac-Fan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

As a side note, all our newest production on standard 5050 SMD and 2835 SMD, are now narrow throated to 11mm, to fit all those narrow holes...be sure to ask if you need, as both are in stock.

Yeah, my friend just ordered a 300 lot of the 5050's in frosted dome, and we had a pain of a time getting some of them into a Taxi Playfield GI around the slings. Didn't realize that you'd have a different size available so soon. Will remember for the next order to make it easier. Is the dome thinner plastic and distribute light differently? The CT switchover to narrower definitely impacted it -- it was a bit less less side throw but also brighter due to thinner plastic, pluses and minuses for sure.

Also, I noted that the lot of WW bayonets we got were significantly yellow (closer to 2700K than 3000K+). More so than any CT or PBB ones I've tried before. Those were a little less yellow or actually some CT had a really nice, as best described, "cream" color to them; but still far from your natural whites. I know you stated the warm whites can vary in color temp on the web page. Would be awesome if you could offer two options based on color temp, but I'm sure like with CT, sometimes they can vary in a single 100 lot bag from the factory anyway and would require individual testing.

As a related note, I ordered a single Optimus Maximus just to test to see what it was about (realizing I probably would never sink $2 a bulb into GI when I typically stay with the 26c/59c ones in 95% of the places). I was amazed at the lighting, but also it seemed to have a very harsh yellow tinge especially on the tip due to the diffusion plastic. It was just unexpected, but makes sense given the current color temps of the smds.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This bulb took some work to get done.

I had him order me one of these new 69c fluted dome ones. I had 4 spots (8 lamps) in my F14 without LEDs yet -- the below playfield incandescents hiding behind the TOM/CAT 123/456 around the lower center. Frosted LED and clear dome LEDs only created a hot spot on the top and didn't light much around the targets. Hoping one of the fluted will come close to making it look okay, but haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for another new option to try, at a reasonable price for perhaps certain targeted areas!

Edit: I see you got the double 2835 frosted's in too right after we ordered. Dang, would have liked to try those to compare to a 5050 frosted. The dual LED ones were way too dim. Will pick up on the next order though!

#70 9 years ago

Art --

We've talked in other threads and PM, and I've said this before: Please don't take any of my comments as a "complaint" against your products (I hope they weren't worded that way!!). They are just rather "observations" and that's why I don't go order 100+ of a bulb before I test in case they won't work for my application. I am a tester and get a single or couple samples of each when I or friends order to test out your new stuff or where I have a need for one that my existing ones don't quite work. My friend was able to use most of the yellow warm whites behind some yellows, reds and oranges that worked great on Taxi/Flight 2000, but then we needed to switch to natrual whites behind skin instead due to the extra warmness of them. We still used most of them.

Therefore I fully expect to buy a few that just won't work for my particular applications but may be *perfect* for someone elses; or; more importantly; one of my future applications. No worries, I am not the returning type unless something is outright defective (won't turn on (and I can't fix myself), catches fire, etc.. ) I or friends will always find a use for them and order more after we try.

Hopefully my observations can help others decide in advance as well to pick the right bulb for them. And you definitely are "the source" -- I tried Ablaze (PBL) and you have everything they do (or improved) for same price or less. You have most everything CT has -- all for less, and everything PBB has for same or less. especially shipping costs across the board on them all. So you are still the go-to, as I slowly try various ones

As I edited above, next on my try list is the double 2835 frosted you added right after we ordered; very interested in trying that one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pac-Fan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-bulbs-from-comet-pinball?tu=Pac-Fan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.