Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jpop_Robot.jpg
image.jpg
TBL_pics.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
futurama-robot-lawyer.jpg
LTiY9YF.gif
image.jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

For all of the discussion about whether or not DP was legit, I think one look at the video they released today to buyers pretty much settles that issue for me. The production facilities are quite impressive!

#4 4 years ago

I could watch that wire bender all day.

#5 4 years ago

Looks like nothing is fuc&ed there dude!

#6 4 years ago

I NEED some of those robots! Jeepers is that a cool video.

#7 4 years ago

now that's a SIZZLE reel.

#8 4 years ago

Those guys have some impressive technology going there.

#9 4 years ago

They got F#<k'n robots dude

#10 4 years ago

#11 4 years ago

It certainly looks impressive. But do they really own all that equipment or is some of the video taken at outside supplier's facilities? Wouldn't this equipment cost hundreds of thousands of dollars? Just curious.

Also, did they give an update on when they estimate starting delivery? I'd like a TBL but I'd really like to see many games shipping before making a decision.

#12 4 years ago

That is some heavy duty equipment! Man. I figured pinball production and assembly would be far more manual than that.

#13 4 years ago

Someone NEEDS to send that link to Jflop

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

It certainly looks impressive. But do they really own all that equipment or is some of the video taken at outside supplier's facilities? Wouldn't this equipment cost hundreds of thousands of dollars? Just curious..

They are using contract manufacturing; they are hiring people and expensive equipment to make their product.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

They are using contract manufacturing; they are hiring people and expensive equipment to make their product.

Beautiful, highly produced video showing parts manufacturing and design work.

It would also be nice to see cheap cell phone quality video showing games on an assembly line.

#16 4 years ago

The Lebowski pin will be legit when it is shipping in volume. Until then, meh...

#17 4 years ago

Looking good!

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

The Lebowski pin will be legit when it is shipping in volume. Until then, meh...

I agree. Show me a loading dock loaded with tbl's boxed up and I'll be scrambling for my wallet. Weary of updates and teases.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Weary of updates and teases.

Agree but thats more than most have shown.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Someone NEEDS to send that link to Jflop

Pretty much where he was at, right?

#21 4 years ago

God bless Dutch Pinball ... and keep my TBL game moving forward on the production line!

#22 4 years ago

Understand the "believe it when I see it" cynasism that's blanketed the hobby with all the disasters. But its still cool and for those of us in on it, its exciting.

IMHO, I'm thinking we will probably be in Q4 before stuff ships even though they haven't said anything since they slipped from Q2 to Q3. 2.5 months is incredibly short period of time when it comes to engineering enterprises like this.. Ask every other pinball startup (successful or not). But I'm OK, they are making progress.

And anyone who doesn't think the wire former robot is wicked cool is lame

#23 4 years ago

It's not their factory. They are outsourcing production to a 3rd party. No way they could afford to setup an operation like that solely for pinball production. Cool vid nonetheless.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Understand the "believe it when I see it" cynasism that's blanketed the hobby with all the disasters. But its still cool and for those of us in on it, its exciting.
IMHO, I'm thinking we will probably be in Q4 before stuff ships even though they haven't said anything since they slipped from Q2 to Q3. 2.5 months is incredibly short period of time when it comes to engineering enterprises like this.. Ask every other pinball startup (successful or not). But I'm OK, they are making progress.

Call me a "hater" but I seriously doubt that they will ship in 2015.

I made a bet with Burningman quite some time ago that he wouldn't get his TBL by June 30, 2015...(but I think it was a one sided bet as he never agreed to place the wager).

This is obviously DP's first pin. We've seen how incredibly difficult it is to manufacture pins. WOZ was very late, and Hobbit is even later than WOZ was. Heighway is WAY late on Full Throttle compared to their very first estimate. Alien was originally slated for an April 2015 release. And let's not even talk about JPop or Skit-B. Not to mention how late the BOP kit was.

So yeah, I think very few people are surprised by TBL being late. The real question is just how late will it be? The video is well done, but it does virtually nothing in terms of showing us what the actual progress is regarding the shipping of TBLs.

#25 4 years ago

This looks awesome and I truly wish them all the success. Once the pin hits the market I will gladly pay more for one then pre-order (which I was in on and bailed). Getting it in the teeth with RAZA and AIW changes your outlook of things. I am sure there are many more future Lebowski buyers out there that have taken the same position.

Dutch Pinball ...keep up the great work and you WILL be rewarded with many more buyers at the finish line!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The real question is just how late will it be? The video is well done, but it does virtually nothing in terms of showing us what the actual progress is regarding the shipping of TBLs.

Receipt of the last part from an external supplier often determines the finial ship date. That's the critical path.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sorry I won't call you a hater, not unless you don't think the wire form robot is cool . I would say baring any snags, if the video today is current then my WAG today would be shipping around Thanksgiving (mid November ). I need to see things actually being assembled and wiring looms complete before I'd buy we're less than 2.5 months from one being on my doorstep. I will not wager this because there are always snags and missed details, especially for a first run.

This doesnt take away from progress being made and excitement in progress videos like this (for me anyway). Helps set them apart from the disasters and keeps me engaged as a customer and happy for now.

#28 4 years ago

Robots are always cool!

#29 4 years ago

I must say (and I am Dutch so maybe biassed ) but letting robots do the assembling of the playfields just seems like a perfect way to do it. Actually surprised now that Stern or JJP did not think of that.

Putting together the playfield is very laborous and also the one thing that is very prone to mistakes. People just make mistakes (its only human) but the robot will not as soon as the programming is flawless. Most of the problems I had with NIB were due to problems with the assembly such as screws that were not tightened or something small. Using robots would just about eliminate those kind of problems.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Robots are always cool!

Exception ... When they are chasing you with guns.

rd

Oh shit!!!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Even if it slips again, the Dutch dudes will be at Expo in October (can't say that about Jplop!) & we'll get some good info.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Exception ... When they are chasing you with guns.
rd

Sorry, still cool. But then again, I used to write software for UAVs/drones.. The precursor to skynet.

#33 4 years ago

Holy shit...mind blown. WTF was that robotic arm assembling the pf?? These mofos are coming out with all guns blazing.

LTiY9YF.gif

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Robots are always cool!

Until they take your job......

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Sorry, still cool. But then again, I used to write software for UAVs/drones.. The precursor to skynet.

You'll be able to see Skynet first hand soon. Robot soldiers are being developed as we type.

Personally, I much prefer to see robots making me pinball machines than shooting at me.

rd

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Until they take your job......

One thing I don't have to worry about.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You'll be able to see Skynet first hand soon. Robot solders are being developed as we type.

We have some time

#38 4 years ago

The Knutsens are in charge of production? Who the fuck are the Knutsens?

#39 4 years ago

Awesome stuff! Look forward to seeing a production TBL.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

One thing I don't have to worry about.

OR IS IT?

futurama-robot-lawyer.jpg

Games shipping is always the final test. And who knows when that will be, soon or a while. But videos like this are reassuring in the "the game is real" department. Which, sucks to say, we need these days!

#41 4 years ago

great video and love all the tech gear

#42 4 years ago

Well played, sir, well played!

#43 4 years ago

Looks awesome, great to see.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

We have some time
» YouTube video

What? How is it that none of those failing robots burst into flames?

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pin2k H+V video sync combiner

#45 4 years ago

I think it's safe to say we won't see these things ship until 2016. But I'm OK with that. At least we are getting solid updates on the project, with proof of progress that is difficult to deny. When I look at the craftsmanship and ongoing support of BoP 2.0 I know these guys are committed to releasing a quality product and plan to support it with regular updates. I'm excited. They day #6 rolls off the line can't come soon enough. But I will gladly wait.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm #59 in line and I think my game will be delivered within 2015. I guess we'll just have to see who's right in this case.

Right or wrong, you have fine taste in games RobT!

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm #59 in line and I think my game will be delivered within 2015. I guess we'll just have to see who's right in this case.
Right or wrong, you have fine taste in games RobT!

Thanks, and believe me when I say that I hope that you are right and that I am wrong.

#48 4 years ago

Pinside is the epitome of can't please them all. Sometimes this forum sucks.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

It certainly looks impressive. But do they really own all that equipment or is some of the video taken at outside supplier's facilities? Wouldn't this equipment cost hundreds of thousands of dollars? Just curious.
Also, did they give an update on when they estimate starting delivery? I'd like a TBL but I'd really like to see many games shipping before making a decision.

Yes, the machinery is quite impressive, thus expensive in many cases. The robot gluing inserts by itself? Wow.

These things probably cost tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars in some cases. A 3D wire bending machine alone can run $20k-$125k depending on the manufacturer, its capabilities, speed, and automated features.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Holy shit...mind blown. WTF was that robotic arm assembling the pf?? These mofos are coming out with all guns blazing.
LTiY9YF.gif

That's micro's playfield robot

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Chesterfield, VA
€ 3.70
$ 21.00
$ 14.95
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 209.00
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside