Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheRave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I'm trying to start a new pinball league in Milford CT and I'm looking for both players and info on how to get started. I have a great place that's willing to host the league. I spoke with Mike the owner of The Pinball Store (pinballs.com) today and he's totally willing to host the league at his store (with like 100 machines!) and he is willing to supply the pizza and prizes!!! Mike is really a nice guy and I can't thank him enough!!!

I have emailed IFPA to see what is required to get going but maybe I should be looking at other associations as well.

Please post if you are interested in joining and are local to the Milford CT area.

Also please post if you have experience starting a league and have some advice to get this off the ground.

Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

Hi, I'm wondering if you'd like to join in with the existing New England Pinball League. We currently have four sites, including one in Hartford. League meets for 8 weeks at each site, then there is a common final, typically held at a central location that can hold a large group (we had over 50 players attend finals last season).

The Pinball Store would be a terrific location for a league.

If you are starting a league, I suggest reading PAPA's suggestions here: http://papa.org/competitive/directors/league-information. There's a lot to take in.

Let me know if you're interested in joining with the other NEPL sites. Good luck!

#3 10 years ago

I'm working on adding this to the NEPL Bowen and will let everyone know when I get more concrete details.

-Jim

#4 10 years ago

esstss What's a concrete detail? like when you clean the sidewalk or look for cool hidden art like in clouds or somethin! HELLS YAYA!

#6 10 years ago

Whatevs

#7 10 years ago

This is a go for the next season of the New a Engkand Pinball League. He is also on board with me running several tournaments there this coming year and will make these IFPA tournaments and get CT into the IFPA state championship series.

In the next week or two he would like to open the doors one night and invite all the league players in to check the place out. Will let everyone know what night this will be once I get a concencus of what night works best for everyone.

-Jim

#8 10 years ago

Sounds great. Keep us updated.

#9 10 years ago

Thanks Jim!

#10 10 years ago

Thank you Rob for helping to get me in touch with Mike.

-Jim

1 week later
    #11 10 years ago

This Thursday night at 6:30! Meetup for us at a The Pinball Store 163 boston post rd Orange,Ct. Hope to see a bunch of you out there!

-Jim

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

This Thursday night at 6:30! Meetup for us at a The Pinball Store 163 boston post rd Orange,Ct. Hope to see a bunch of you out there!
    -Jim

Whaa??? You said Jan!

I won't be there - again! AARRGH!

viperrwk

#13 10 years ago

This is just the owner opening his doors to us to check the place out and meet him before the next session of league starts in Mid January

#14 10 years ago

Night bump Sounds like a good turnout so far.

-Jim

2 weeks later
    #16 10 years ago

New league starts on the 15th at 7pm!!!

163 Boston Post Rd
    Orange, CT 06477

Hope to see you there!

Rob

#17 10 years ago

Just a couple nights away. Hope to see some new faces joining.

-Jim

#18 10 years ago

Missing this week. Be there next!

#19 10 years ago

It's going to be a good one. 2 days away!

-Jim

3 months later
    #20 9 years ago

Hey guys,

I live near the Pinball store in Orange. When does the next league start?

Cheers,

Chris

#21 9 years ago

Hi Tommy77,
    I guess the pinball store doesn't want us back this season - don't have all the details. I understand it's moving to West Hartford but I don't have the address and I think the first night is Monday 5/12. I'm unfortunately going to miss the first 2 weeks.

Jim will know the details.

#22 9 years ago

First night is monday 5/12 and will be 8 weeks, every monday night. We are having it at Gumbo's house in West Hartford. PM Whridlsoncestood for the address.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-league-in-milford-ct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.