Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by PINBELL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Batman.jpg
    Colorado_Demo_004.jpg
    Colorado_Demo_003.jpg
    Colorado_Demo_002.jpg
    the-fellowship2.gif
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

Hello All

My newest toppers will be coming out next week. The following titles are

MM- On FB now with Video/ One week out
    MB - One week out
    Spiderman - One week out
    TZ - One week out
    Batman Stern - One week out.
    POTC - Two weeks out.
    AC/DC - On FB now with Video / One week out

Waiting on a few things before release.

MM is different than my standard toppers. I have designed a special LED size and the tops will be edged cut to give a special effect. All will be available through PBL very soon. I am also working on a interactive topper that will go with the flow of the game, titles have yet to be decided.

Joe

#2 12 years ago

Can you do a TSPP in the future?

#3 12 years ago

Can you post photos here please.

#4 12 years ago

+2 for photos

#5 12 years ago

I will try to get photos up this weekend. I am right now developing new power harness for these toppers. I should have all this done in a week or so. I also forgot to mention I have ToM as well coming out. Shlockdoc I took your advice on the ToM, much better with color changing.

Thanks
    Joe

#6 12 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the MB topper.

#7 12 years ago

Curious to see the SM topper since the current McKee topper leaves something to be desired IMO.

#8 12 years ago

I will give a brief description of each .

MM -Full Castle with dragon hanging over it in full length. Top edge cut out giving detail RGB with Controller. On FB now
    MB - All Monsters faces and partial bodies/ edge cut/ color changing
    Spiderman - 3/4 Spidey across the length/ surrounded by a web.. really cool in strobe effect/ color changing
    TZ - Door, Eye, Clock and full image Rod Serling/ color changing
    Batman - 3/4 Batman in front of Gotham city with bat signal edge cut color changing
    POTC - Not sure/ artist hasn't finished the artwork. I leave it up to him
    AC/DC - 2 cannons/ One big bell with pinballs shooting out of the cannons bouncing off the bell/ color changing
    ToM - follows suit of the cabinet art work but it is the top of the crate/ color changing

We are also going to start taking custom orders in a few weeks. I just did a Riverboat Gambler for someone and it turn out really nice. TSPP would be a custom design, due to copyright issues these would be one off's if requested. All my art is done by a professional artist that will not copyright infringe. The Simpsons is a hard one to market but if an idea was suggested my guy could come up with something I'm sure.

Joe

#9 12 years ago

you need to do a LOTR version, i know one was made but can't find one and out of stock i guess.

#10 12 years ago

Well I felt that Matt did such a great job on his that it would be hard to follow. I can ask my artist to work on something if you would like.

Joe

#11 12 years ago

Well I felt that Matt did such a great job on his that it would be hard to follow. I can ask my artist to work on something if you would like.
    Joe

A great place to start would be having it NOT say "Lord of the Rings" on it. I don't understand the toppers that have the name of game on them when the title is usually listed mere inches below on the backglass. The SM topper also has this problem, hence I never bought it.

If I were going to do a LOTR topper it would use imagery along these lines...

the-fellowship2.gifthe-fellowship2.gif

#12 12 years ago

I have saved this photo and will send it to my guy. I will see what he can come up with and let you know. If any of you are on Facebook you can see pics and vids of some of my upcoming toppers and concepts that I am working on. It is open to the public.
    I too feel the same about using the name of the game, I like mine to be a little more creative.

#13 12 years ago

check out the pinside gallery, i actually got my lotr topper to be made with the same idea as jarjar, its in the "other images section" of lotr. i love it!

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

spiderman - 3/4 Spidey across the length/ surrounded by a web.. really cool in strobe effect/ color changing

Can't wait to see and most likely put this on SM. Been looking for an alternative to what is out there for a while now. THANK YOU!

#15 12 years ago

If you can't post pictures here can you at least paste a direct link to the face book pages with them? Many of us don't even use Facebook so just saying "it's on fb" is not helpful.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I don't understand the toppers that have the name of game on them when the title is usually listed mere inches below on the backglass.

I certainly agree with what you're saying, but the exception has to be Whitewater... It's my favourite topper of all time... so kitch...

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

If I were going to do a LOTR topper it would use imagery along these lines...

Oh yes, that would be very nice. Especially when lit well!

#18 12 years ago

I was supposed to be a vendor at the MGC this weekend, but due to a horrible error on my acrylic order I had to back out. When my 100 piece order arrived last week 37 were damaged and all of them were the wrong size by a 1/2". They could not get a new order cut and delivered in the time needed. I am still waiting on this order to come in and when it does I will make them all and post pics. This is what I was talking about when I said I was " waiting on a few things before release". I should of had all of them done by now. The only one I can get a pic of right now is MM and I will post it later today.

Joe

#19 12 years ago

Also, I am using FB because I had a website under construction but the guy ran off, took down my site, and stole my money and domain name. I just got my domain back through GoDaddy ( with the help of an attorney ) So if you ever run into a Joe Strom The Computer MD don't trust him. I am currently working on a new site but it won't be ready for a few weeks..

Joe

#20 12 years ago

Hmmm. Looking forward to seeing the TZ topper. I find the other ones out there quite tacky.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

Also, I am using FB because I had a website under construction but the guy ran off, took down my site, and stole my money and domain name. I just got my domain back through GoDaddy ( with the help of an attorney ) So if you ever run into a Joe Strom The Computer MD don't trust him. I am currently working on a new site but it won't be ready for a few weeks..
    Joe

Damn..screwed on your order and on your website....sometimes us pinball people get no love!! I feel for ya....not cool at all.

So when you start doing customs toppers....will this include any solid state games as well?? And will these be separately powered and have to be plugged in.....or be worked into the games when powered up?

#22 12 years ago

Right now I am set up for WPC, WPC 95, Stern, Sys11, Data East direct hook up to your game for single color toppers. We are currently building new power connections for color changing for these systems as well and they should be ready in a week or so. If a different sys is needed we will develop these as we go till we have them all. If you want a plug in the wall system ( because you like the design for decoration but don't have the game ) we have this as well upon request. We are also going to be doing custom lit game room signs that will be wall mounted or ceiling hung with power supplies up to 24" x 18" in single color and color changing. This is still in product development but I hope to be ready to take orders in the coming months. I am working daily on my website myself ( don't want to trust anybody now ) and all options will be listed. If you have any questions or requests for something you would like to be developed let me know by email [email protected] and we will see what we can come up with.

Joe

#23 12 years ago

As I said, can you please lost a direct link to where the images are on Facebook?

#25 12 years ago

I think the best toppers are the one's that are 3 dimensional such as toys or at least appear to be 3-dimensional like Tommy. The best looking topper I can think of was the transformers topper, and maybe the Balrog votive lighted toppers which are not available.

If you are going to make planar toppers, why not at least make it have layers that are spaced to give it some depth?

#26 12 years ago

This still just takes you to the front log-in page. This does not take us to the pictures.
    Many people do not use Facebook.

#27 12 years ago

Scared Stiff in the future??

#28 12 years ago

Congo? Scary grey gorilla eyes watching you(flashing perhaps?) while you play?

#29 12 years ago

DCFAN.. This can be done yes. I have a sample of one I did of a Colorado scene for a customer. It was not lit just etched but here is the problem with it. The cost of acrylic is very expense and goes up in price because it is a petroleum based product.. need I say more. Also that would require a different base design to hold more than one piece of acrylic, again another increase . I try to keep the pricing for my toppers as fair as I can. I just took another 7% increase last week but will not be raising my topper prices.. it's part of business. If YOU were looking to get something done like this I would be happy to work with you on something but dont freak out when I give you a cost. Here is a few pics of this 3D design I did. It is 5 pieces of acrylic, I lit it so you could see the effect. i sold it for $125.00 and it is 10x2 x5

Joe

Colorado_Demo_002.jpgColorado_Demo_002.jpg Colorado_Demo_003.jpgColorado_Demo_003.jpg Colorado_Demo_004.jpgColorado_Demo_004.jpg

#30 12 years ago

Whridlsoncestood- as cool as that sounds at this time it is not an option and Im not quite sure I could accomplish that with the type of toppers I am creating. Right now I am working on doing a different type of topper idea with the help of a airbrush artist , acrylic and led effects. As this develops I will of course put up pics for suggestions but for now I have a ton on my plate with what I have going.
    thanks for the suggestion though.. I wrote it down

Joe

#31 12 years ago

No problem. Only 2k of these machines out there. Can't expect anyone to make one. Not much of a demand. Thanks for writing it down

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

jarjarisgod said:I don't understand the toppers that have the name of game on them when the title is usually listed mere inches below on the backglass.
    I certainly agree with what you're saying, but the exception has to be Whitewater... It's my favourite topper of all time... so kitch...

Well it makes perfect sense for WH20 cause the title only appears on the topper, not on the backglass. (:

#33 12 years ago

Taking a poll here.. What topper would people like to see in 3D? I have talked to a few friends and my artist and we are going to produce a 3D topper. I will have a prototype in one month. I have ordered all supplies today to play around with.. So what title would people like to see first. Since this thread could get awfully large, email me your suggestions so I can take a count and in 1 week I will announce the title and begin work. I won't respond to them, this is just to see the most favorable.

Joe
    [email protected]

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

What topper would people like to see in 3D?

I think a CFTBL or Tron topper would look amazing in 3D!

#35 12 years ago

Bit of Facebook advice
    You should set up a business page not use a personal page for your business listing

And your toppers look awesome
    I vote for bad topper

#36 12 years ago

Finally a topper for MB!

Will all of these be available through Terry?

#37 12 years ago

For 3D make a LOTR topper.

#39 12 years ago

Yes, MB will be edge cut and changed slightly. Give me a week and all will be at PBL. I will have my website up in the coming weeks and all will be there as well. As for FB it is just temporary till the website is up. I have a personal account as well. I might do CFTBL again in 3D, we are working on the process as I type this. As for Tron.. well we have sold quite alot and I think that may upset people once they see these new 3D toppers we are working on. I should have a prototype for PATZ in April. What is a Bad Topper??

Rob I take it you saw the video

Joe

#40 12 years ago

Man I wish you made one for one of my machines, looks like a great add-on. Can't wait til you get you website off the ground

#41 12 years ago

Ok.. LOTR it is. We are thinking a 3D Sméagol coming at you.. any other suggestions?

#42 12 years ago

wickedquickss.. What do you have??

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

Rob I take it you saw the video

What video?

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

Ok.. LOTR it is. We are thinking a 3D Sméagol coming at you.. any other suggestions?

wow ok i'm in! let us know i dont wanna miss this one!
    can't wait to see your website with all the pics.

#45 12 years ago

If the LOTR 3D one looks good I would probably buy one.
    Yes, Gollum/Smeagol would be cool. I don't think the pinball machine has enough of him in the artwork.
    Also, I don't know what materials you are using to make them, but if there is metallic color involved, use a gold color rather than silver color for LOTR. Silver is not a great color for LOTR and LOTR LE has mostly gold. Thanks

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

wickedquickss.. What do you have??

Goldeneye,Stargate,HSII and Corvette (my favorite)

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

Hello All
    My newest toppers will be coming out next week. The following titles are
    MM- On FB now with Video/ One week out

Joe

At first I thought FB meant flea bay, so I went there looking for your MM topper.

#48 12 years ago

Better Cirqus Voltaire topper to replace the stupid purple scrolls.

#49 12 years ago

I am bringing my MM topper to MGC, I hope Terry has room on his table for it. As for the 3D topper, I want to keep this a little under wraps till I at least get a prototype done. I see others are making new toppers so I don't want to be too reveling. There are still some steps that need to be accomplished still. I did show a couple of people yesterday my idea and they thought it was the coolest thing they have seen yet for a topper.. not bragging.. it is pretty cool though. I will be wearing my laseriffic shirt so if anybody sees me stop and say hello and might tell a little more.

Joe

#50 12 years ago

Hi. Great looking stuff! Did you ever make a Scared Stiff topper?

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-laseriffic-toppers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.