kissall.jpg
Kiss#1B_Jamal Igle_colors_Hires-1.jpg.jpeg.jpg
kiss2cover_colors_small (1).jpg
Kiss this bitch.jpg
image.jpg
album-Kiss-Destroyer.jpg
20140123_194123.jpg
gwar.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Minneapolispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Has there ever been talk of releasing a modern version of the KISS pinball machine? They license their name out to everything, so it surprises me that they never did another machine. The 1970's version is the machine that got me interested in pinball as a kid and was the first one I ever bought. Just think of some of the cool stuff Stern could do with their modern playfield technology and lighting. I'm imagining a giant Gene Simmons head, with a long tongue ramp!

#49 10 years ago

I love all the KISS and especially Gene Simmons hate. But I'd much rather see a new KISS machine, than some boring Mustang one that's coming out. zzzzz.....

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It's already been done, KISS had their spotlight and even thought I really do like their old tunes, there are better band themes to be done. Like Iron Maiden or Megadeth, both of those could be epic due to the possible artwork with Eddie and Vic Rattlehead. That's what I would spend my hard earned cash on and that's it!!

An Iron Maiden pin would be cool. I'm not a huge fan of their music, but the visuals are amazing. I actually own a pair of the K2 Iron Maiden skis because they look so bad ass.

1 month later
#92 10 years ago

Who cares who or who isn't in the band these days? Make it a 70's looking machine as far as artwork, with modern bells and whistles. Something like a Destroyer album cover theme would be cool. I may be biased because I own a KISS pinball, but I could argue it has the best playfield and backglass artwork of anything ever made. The playfield is exceptionally beautifully detailed, if you ever have a chance to look at one up close.

album-Kiss-Destroyer.jpgalbum-Kiss-Destroyer.jpg
#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Trace_on:

It could be successful simply because the original KISS pinball is one of the few machines non-pinheads are familiar with. If the licensing wasn't so expensive a modern KISS machine would do well I think.

This machine is the only reason I got into pinball machines last year. I was trying to get my personal Holy Grail of KISS collectibles (the pin). Once I got it home, I realized that I loved pinball and wanted to buy many, many more machines!

2 weeks later
#99 10 years ago

Instead of a "Premium Edition", I hope Stern makes a "Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame Edition". If you're a KISS fan, let's hear you make some noise! I'll sit back now and wait for the uncool kids to mock and ridicule me and the band. Love them or hate them, a modern KISS machine could be amazing if Stern put in the effort like they did with AC/DC.

1 month later
#111 9 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the announcement of a new KISS machine from Stern? I've seen a lot of chatter the past few days, but have yet to see an official press release or story.

#116 9 years ago

Here is an email I just got from John Popadiuk:

Hi Ben,

We just found out that from our licensing person that Stern
pinball has signed the deal for a new kiss game. We were not
able to secure the game. So our "one-off" game will be the only
one we make.

Thank you for your interest, but we are sad here as the proto
game looks spectacular. But at least we got to show our vision
with some ideas what can be done for pinball.

John

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Minneapolispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-pinball-machine-from-stern?tu=Minneapolispin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.