Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Stones
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“would u like to see a new kiss pinball machine built with new technology from stern or jpp”

• yes 56 votes
    22%
  • no 197 votes
    78%

(253 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rock_n_roll_HS_backstage_mystery_pinball.jpg
1-31a6a1a032-550x810.jpg
eric_carr.jpg
Tour_2013.jpg
paul.jpg
Kiss_2_Stern.jpg
Kiss_3_Stern.jpg
Kiss_4_Stern.jpg
Phantom_of_the_Park[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from lovegun:

I agree with Barakawins. To make a new Kiss pinball sell well you need all four original members. The true Kiss and Kiss army fans are the ones who buy it the most. I think it will come down to money with Gene Simmons. How much he is willing to share with the other two members, Peter and Ace.

Almost nothing......Gene & Paul own the make-up designs for all 4. Ace still gets royalties with anything that uses his image. Peter sold 100% of his make-up design and image.

The Metallica pin only has 2 original members......KISS pin would work just fine without Ace & Peter.

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You might be missing the point:
KISS has NO PROBLEM using the original line up on all their 2013 merchandise.
Scroll through their website:
http://www.kissonline.com/

Only only thing with the original line up is the retro t-shirts.

Everything else is with Tommy in Ace's makeup and Eric in Peter's make-up. Just proves that the casual guy/fan doesn't know/care which member is which. Kiss has been Gene, Paul, Eric and Tommy for 10 years now.

There are 2 versions of the "Kasket" as well, one with Ace & Peter(during the reunion period) and the 2nd version which has Tommy & Eric on it.

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
So there is no reason to think that the pinball machine would have any other characters than the original line up.
Here is the 2013 tour poster, same thing:

That poster is NOT the original line-up. Ace and Peter are not in that poster!!! That is Eric and Tommy with Gene & Paul.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He fully understands what I'm talking about.
He's just trolling.

Not trolling ....you are saying 2 different things are the same.

Original line-up means Paul, Gene, Ace, & Peter.

Original characters are Starchild, The Demon, Spaceman, and The Catman.

You kept saying original line-up AND characters in the same sentence, which is 2 very different things at this point for KISS.

The poster you linked is the original characters portrayed on by the current, NON original line-up.

Yes, I agree 100%, any possible new KISS pinball would have the original, iconic characters. No way would it be non make-up or have the Fox or Wiz characters.

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

Do you think that someone will draw the characters on the new game so you can tell they are different musicians under Peter and Ace's makeup?

Actually I do.

In fact I would believe that the artwork, on any modern Kiss pinball, would be portrayed as the current line-up. To a pinball fan or a casual KISS fan, it would make no difference. To the hardcore Kiss fans/collectors, I think it would be a disappointment. The hardcore fans do NOT like Tommy or Eric in the Spaceman and Catman make-up.

Just as the poster shows above..... to the average Joe, that's KISS in make-up. To the longtime KISS fan that's KISS in make-up with 2 other guys in Ace's and Peter's make-up. Yes, that is a huge dividing line among hardcore KISS fans.

That is what my point was all about. I am a hardcore KISS collector. I currently have 5 Bally KISS pinball machines. I have met every band member, living and dead. No, I don't have the Kasket and never will.

I don't care who is wearing the make-up at this point, I would just like to see a modern KISS pinball.

1 year later
#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Creatures of the Night blows.
The last decent album Kiss made was Love Gun in 1977. Everything after that is pure crap.

Have to disagree, I believe Creatures was one of the best. To each his own.

2 months later
#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

We are all entitled to our opinions, and I disagree with yours. Creatures is really the album that saved the band, and has many iconic songs on it. Have you even listened to it?
Most KISS fans I know love the album.

I want to do a retheme into a COTN machine. I believe a Gottlieb/Premier ROCK would be a perfect candidate. The backglass is a no brainer with the COTN album cover. Would have to incorporate Vinnie into the playfield or on some plastics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-pinball-machine-2013?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.