Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Stones
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“would u like to see a new kiss pinball machine built with new technology from stern or jpp”

• yes 56 votes
    22%
  • no 197 votes
    78%

(253 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rock_n_roll_HS_backstage_mystery_pinball.jpg
1-31a6a1a032-550x810.jpg
eric_carr.jpg
Tour_2013.jpg
paul.jpg
Kiss_2_Stern.jpg
Kiss_3_Stern.jpg
Kiss_4_Stern.jpg
Phantom_of_the_Park[1].jpg

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Everything else is with Tommy in Ace's makeup and Eric in Peter's make-up. Just proves that the casual guy/fan doesn't know/care which member is which. Kiss has been Gene, Paul, Eric and Tommy for 10 years now.

Exactly.

So there is no reason to think that the pinball machine would have any other characters than the original line up.

Here is the 2013 tour poster, same thing: Tour_2013.jpgTour_2013.jpg

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
So there is no reason to think that the pinball machine would have any other characters than the original line up.
Here is the 2013 tour poster, same thing:

That poster is NOT the original line-up. Ace and Peter are not in that poster!!! That is Eric and Tommy with Gene & Paul.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That poster is NOT the original line-up. Ace and Peter are not in that poster!!! That is Eric and Tommy with Gene & Paul.

Yes, we all got that, LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
Here is the 2013 tour poster, same thing:

Quoted from vdojaq:

Quoted from vid1900:

Yes, we all got that, LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that vdojaq understands that Vid is talking about the CHARACTERS (demon, star child, space man, house cat) of KISS.

I highly doubt that a KISS pinball machine is going to have pictures of the current band without makeup.

Surely any art will be the classic KISS illustrations, not Eric Carr or anything stupid like that.

#105 10 years ago

Not on new pinball machine.

eric_carr.jpgeric_carr.jpg

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

I don't think that vdojaq understands that Vid is talking about the CHARACTERS (demon, star child, space man, house cat) of KISS.

He fully understands what I'm talking about.

He's just trolling.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He fully understands what I'm talking about.
He's just trolling.

Not trolling ....you are saying 2 different things are the same.

Original line-up means Paul, Gene, Ace, & Peter.

Original characters are Starchild, The Demon, Spaceman, and The Catman.

You kept saying original line-up AND characters in the same sentence, which is 2 very different things at this point for KISS.

The poster you linked is the original characters portrayed on by the current, NON original line-up.

Yes, I agree 100%, any possible new KISS pinball would have the original, iconic characters. No way would it be non make-up or have the Fox or Wiz characters.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You kept saying original line-up AND characters in the same sentence, which is 2 very different things at this point for KISS.

Do you think that someone will draw the characters on the new game so you can tell they are different musicians under Peter and Ace's makeup?

#109 10 years ago

Kiss pinball = Pathetic

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Made 2 stones PinsMade 2 SimpsonsAlmost 3 playboys

...and of those, only TSPP is worth playing.

#111 10 years ago

I think the pro could feature the current line up, and the LE machines could feature the original 4 guys. Destroyer edition, or Alive! edition. One thing about it, like it or not, it will sell.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

Do you think that someone will draw the characters on the new game so you can tell they are different musicians under Peter and Ace's makeup?

Actually I do.

In fact I would believe that the artwork, on any modern Kiss pinball, would be portrayed as the current line-up. To a pinball fan or a casual KISS fan, it would make no difference. To the hardcore Kiss fans/collectors, I think it would be a disappointment. The hardcore fans do NOT like Tommy or Eric in the Spaceman and Catman make-up.

Just as the poster shows above..... to the average Joe, that's KISS in make-up. To the longtime KISS fan that's KISS in make-up with 2 other guys in Ace's and Peter's make-up. Yes, that is a huge dividing line among hardcore KISS fans.

That is what my point was all about. I am a hardcore KISS collector. I currently have 5 Bally KISS pinball machines. I have met every band member, living and dead. No, I don't have the Kasket and never will.

I don't care who is wearing the make-up at this point, I would just like to see a modern KISS pinball.

#113 10 years ago

Van Halen please..... Imagine starting MB with 'Jump' going at the same time...

1 year later
#114 9 years ago

I think a new Kiss pinball is not going to happen. To see what happened at the Rock n Roll hall of frame, should put this to rest. Too bad. That would of been a kick ass pinball..

#115 9 years ago

This gets my vote as the best unused rock theme for a pin:

#116 9 years ago

F me! A Ramones pin would be the greatest thing of all time for me.

#117 9 years ago

The Ramones cartoons are the best too!

1-31a6a1a032-550x810.jpg1-31a6a1a032-550x810.jpg

#119 9 years ago

Great art! But there is no game there. A spinning head and four pops in the middle is not great pinball. But damn he is the only one that truly gets it artistically .

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Great art! But there is no game there. A spinning head and four pops in the middle is not great pinball. But damn he is the only one that truly gets it artistically .

Agreed. Interesting to see if this ever becomes a reality

His artwork is just on another level

#121 9 years ago

Please don't make another KISS machine. The new lineup is terrible as is everything they have done since Creatures of the Night. Gene is such an ass....................

#122 9 years ago

What...no James Brown? They've already done Elvis......Maybe Parliment/Funkadelic?

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

F me! A Ramones pin would be the greatest thing of all time for me.

Yep, I'm 100% in on a Ramones pinball machine. Dream theme for me.
Terry.

#124 9 years ago

KISS isn't relevant, and hasn't been for multiple decades. No one under 40 cares about them.

Limp Bizkit would be a more viable option, frankly; it has only been one decade since anyone cared about them.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

A Ramones pin would be the greatest thing of all time for me.

depending on how they integrated the theme, yes it would rock

rock_n_roll_HS_backstage_mystery_pinball.jpgrock_n_roll_HS_backstage_mystery_pinball.jpg

7 months later
#126 9 years ago

Could this be a couple years back come true this week?

#127 9 years ago

I vote for barry manilow pinball!

#128 9 years ago

Maybe later in the year. Closes thread back up.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Please don't make another KISS machine. The new lineup is terrible as is everything they have done since Creatures of the Night. Gene is such an ass....................

Creatures of the Night blows.

The last decent album Kiss made was Love Gun in 1977. Everything after that is pure crap.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

The last decent album Kiss made was Love Gun in 1977. Everything after that is pure crap.

I'd say Alive2 was good and the Ace solo album, too.

After that, you get about 2 good songs per disc with many of the terrible songs being written by every clown on the planet...

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Have to disagree, I believe Creatures was one of the best. To each his own.

2 months later
#132 9 years ago

I heard Stern is making a new Kiss pinball. Has anyone heard about that to.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from lovegun:

I heard Stern is making a new Kiss pinball. Has anyone heard about that to.

please no.

#134 9 years ago

I was at a pinball place in West Virginia. I was playing the Ac-Dc and the Metallicia, whitch are two great games. We wore talking about Rock n roll pinball machines and he said he heard Stern is making a new Kiss pinball. He said he dose not know when but its in the works.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

We are all entitled to our opinions, and I disagree with yours. Creatures is really the album that saved the band, and has many iconic songs on it. Have you even listened to it?

Most KISS fans I know love the album.

#136 9 years ago

Creatures is a great album. Unmasked is a turd.

Anyone who hates Dynasty, I beg you to revisit Ace's rendition of 2000 Man.

Edit: But please no new Kiss pin.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

We are all entitled to our opinions, and I disagree with yours. Creatures is really the album that saved the band, and has many iconic songs on it. Have you even listened to it?
Most KISS fans I know love the album.

I want to do a retheme into a COTN machine. I believe a Gottlieb/Premier ROCK would be a perfect candidate. The backglass is a no brainer with the COTN album cover. Would have to incorporate Vinnie into the playfield or on some plastics.

#138 9 years ago

Pretty much sums it up:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-pinball-machine-2013/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.