Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
2016-04-21-21-38-43--2117363238_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I like the update so far. Working the grid and getting Heavens on Fire started is fun. Headed in the right direction imho.

Is there a setting to make that part easier. We played for hours and couldnt get the new song up ...

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Is there a setting to make that part easier. We played for hours and couldnt get the new song up ...

Added a wizard mode for completing the GRID (Heaven's On Fire):
- Qualify by completing the GRID a number of times; currently 2
(adjustable).

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I didn't change any settings. Just hit the standup and drop targets, center ramp several times to get band members lit up and hit the pops, the hardest thing for me is to light instruments on the right ramp to begin collecting. Been fun working it though.

#104 8 years ago

Code definitely a step in the right direction.
Modes are the same, MB seem the same. Hurryups the same
Scoring multiplier for completing songs is great addition.
Like the instrument light stays on.

#105 8 years ago

Does anyone know if the power of Gene spitting the ball out dropped, and what it was set on before?
I never had sdtm from gene, but after update seems to not shoot as hard.

#106 8 years ago

Seems to be differing posts on the shot multipliers....
When you complete a song, does the next shot you hit give you a timed shot multiplier? Or a shot multiplier for the remainder of that ball (similar to Spider-man)?

Further, for completing a song, do you also get a playfield multiplier on top of the shot multiplier?

#107 8 years ago

Just updated with no problems whatsoever. The only issues I had were with the songs. Sometimes a different one was playing than the one that was listed, and another time I changed the song with the flippers, plunged the ball, and it want back to the original song..

In any event it is much better, and I am looking forward to more updates!!

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I figured as much from you. All you have done is bitch and complain day in day out. Nothing will satisfy you. You are a noob who expects the impossible. Again your toon is old and tired. If you cant add anything other than complain drain the thread.

This thread is so much better after blocking his comments. Beating the dead horse. KISS LE owner here, and was frustrated with code, but use to it with METLE, TWD, etc. Not the best business practice from Stern, but a known quantity.

#109 8 years ago

I will not make anymore comments on new Stern products from this point moving forward. Done with the drama.

#110 8 years ago

(to follow this topic)

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I will not make anymore comments on new Stern products from this point moving forward. Done with the drama.

That's really not gonna work for me......sad.....but I don't blame ya.

#112 8 years ago

Updated without a hitch, and I am feeling a soon to be great game here. My patience is starting to pay off

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

On limited play I have to say (flame suit engage) I thought the game played much smoother. I thought it put the project on a nice trajectory. Lighting was improved the lock hold during Demon was a very nice touch. Demon kick out power was much improved. The ability to light multiple instruments was a welcome addition. Not saying more improvements aren't in order but rather I thought this was a good step forward.
I'll get some more play time this weekend for a better feel. However, I'm not down on the update as some seem to be. Game seems much sharper to me and I'm thankful for that.

From other KISS thread. I noticed that demon lockout still does not save ball during multiball even though ball save light is on. Demon kick out Ball save should be active during MB without question. No need to lose a ball just because it spit it down the middle that will happen from time to time.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

That sucks bro, i always look forward to your quality info.

#115 8 years ago

So when an instrument is lit it doesn't stay lit for the next ball?? Awful. Is there an adjustment for that? The left orbit/drum shot is already way too difficult.

Game needs physical work before code update. Why is it absolutely impossible to get the ball in the scoop? It almost has to roll slowly and fall in. Also turn the bumpers off so the left orbit shot is attainable.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Also turn the bumpers off so the left orbit shot is attainable.

My left orbit shot is VERY attainable. No issue there. Now if I could just get this damn gene head to stop thinking it has a ball inside of it....

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

So when an instrument is lit it doesn't stay lit for the next ball?? Awful. Is there an adjustment for that? The left orbit/drum shot is already way too difficult.
Game needs physical work before code update. Why is it absolutely impossible to get the ball in the scoop? It almost has to roll slowly and fall in. Also turn the bumpers off so the left orbit shot is attainable.

I bent my curled guide above the scoop up a tad and that seemed to help. I stilL get the occasional bounce out but no where near what it was. I have a cliffy on it.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Got to practice, it's not that hard of a shot . It's not even uncommon to get credit for it from hitting the right orbit and having the pops knock it back up the left orbit. It's a tight shot but there are a lot harder shots through pops in pinball. The scoop it small but you can consistently make it from a cradle on the left flipper. If you are shooting for it from the right flipper you are begging for a drain.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I like the challenge. Makes sense to me that instruments would not remain lit after ball drain. Scoop is a tough but can be hit better with practice. The left loop through pops is a challenging shot by design turning pops off really doesn't make sense. It's ment to be tight turning pops off won't necessarily change that. If tight shots aren't your cup of tea I'd recommend pins like ST, AC/DC, & GOT.

#120 8 years ago

I hit the scoop dead on. Its like you have to accidentally roll it in. Gets old leaving extra balls and Rock Citys lit.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I hit the scoop dead on. Its like you have to accidentally roll it in. Gets old leaving extra balls and Rock Citys lit.

I put some felt tape over area that dead on shots would hit and it seems to soften it a bit helping it go in scoop. You may want to give that a try.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

That sucks bro, i always look forward to your quality info.

Ditto

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

So when an instrument is lit it doesn't stay lit for the next ball?? Awful. Is there an adjustment for that?.

There is a settings option that allows you to leave the instruments lit after a drain. I elected to go that route. Even then, it's way easier to collect instruments regardless (in a good way).

#124 8 years ago

Anyone else seeing phantom balls in gene's head?

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

If that's true, it's a damn shame. I decided to hag onto my Kiss because of what both you and Vid hinted was coming down the pipeline. I'm fine skimming over all the bellyaching and bullshit in order to read post such as your own.

Regardless of what you decide, thanks for all the information you've provided up to this point.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Seems to be differing posts on the shot multipliers....
When you complete a song, does the next shot you hit give you a timed shot multiplier? Or a shot multiplier for the remainder of that ball (similar to Spider-man)?
Further, for completing a song, do you also get a playfield multiplier on top of the shot multiplier?

These can be manipulated in settings. One thing I found that helped me was setting 33 multiplier illumination need to be yes. Default is no. This will show the 2x shot you hit after completion of each song. Default setting on 2x playfield is after completion of the second song.. But this can be changed too..

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Yeesh. Sell the game, do yourself a favor. What's so hard about the right orbit (Drums) and lighting that? Shoot 4 center ramps then the orbit. Done. *scratch head*

Left loop is tight, but it's not impossible. If your pops are super sensitive, it'll definitely make it harder as the ball won't be able to touch the wafers really at all.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I will miss you Gary Stern, you were one of my favorite posters, please don't stop commenting on Stern products!!

#129 8 years ago

I really like being able to light multiple instruments at once. I always hated wasting a lucky shot to the right ramp on previous code.

The demon multiball playfield multipliers also makes that multiball a lot more unique and fun.

I still don't quite know what it takes to get heaven on fire multiball though. But I'll figure it out.

Any ideas what constitutes a good score?

#130 8 years ago

I got the code updated without issue. After playing a few games, I didn't really notice anything different other than the little sound effects on the return and outlanes.

However is it part of the update to have the pop bumpers sometime not fire? I noticed it during multiball during the ball save. A ball would drain and then auto-fire back into the game. Problem is, they'd fly around the top and instead of bouncing around the bumpers as usual, they would be following a path to straight drain down the middle. It makes you really be on your toes during any kind of ball save. I had one of the "let's call that rehearsal" balls that after draining the first time, auto-fired and shot around the top, and back to the center drain three times. Not sure if this is by design with the new code.

#131 8 years ago

Just played some more and this is a much better update than I originally thought. Can't wait for more updates!

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

If your getting to Rock city the scoop should be managable.. I have gotten to Kiss army once and crush the scoop..

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I got the code updated without issue. After playing a few games, I didn't really notice anything different other than the little sound effects on the return and outlanes.
However is it part of the update to have the pop bumpers sometime not fire? I noticed it during multiball during the ball save. A ball would drain and then auto-fire back into the game. Problem is, they'd fly around the top and instead of bouncing around the bumpers as usual, they would be following a path to straight drain down the middle. It makes you really be on your toes during any kind of ball save. I had one of the "let's call that rehearsal" balls that after draining the first time, auto-fired and shot around the top, and back to the center drain three times. Not sure if this is by design with the new code.

We had this exact same thing happen in league one night. A coil wire came off of the far left pop bumper. Probably not in your case but you might check to see if it's loose/coming off.

#134 8 years ago

I did the update and my game was working great last night. Today is another story.... When a ball drains it searches for a ball then pops one out to relaunch. It's also auto launching the balls even though I have that turned off.... In multiball modes it doesn't add any balls to the game until I let the first ball drain then the multiball seems to activate.
Between a ball drain and the time it's taking to launch another ball if I click the flipper buttons it keeps adding points...
Anyone else having these issues?

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Totally agree. I played about 10 games after the update was installed. I was so excited to see what new things I'd see. Lots of people seemed really happy with it. Very disappointed. A few uninspired sound effects and a deeper rules set that amateur players like myself will probably never score high enough to experience. Didn't really see what the big difference was with the grid. I was tired of the "heartbeat" sounds by the second game. It's a music pin...couldn't they use bass notes for the slings and inlanes?? Glad they added an extra song...too bad I'll probably never hear the damn thing. The Paul callouts using the flipper buttons in attract mode are cool but too few and far between. Unbelievable to me that the cities are STILL not tied into the game. Really wish they would address the issue of the backstage scoop guide. My right side is getting beat to hell from random balls constantly hitting it. Why isn't there a post sleeve or something there? This is gonna be a future problem with broken scoop guides. And let's not forget about all the problems with the Demon head and the Starchild dribbling saucer. The multiballs do seem to last longer and I thought I saw a couple new animations. Again, I really wish they would've geared this update more towards the amateur player. My ball times are not that great so a deep rules set does nothing for me. I'm happy for those who are satisfied with the update.

#137 8 years ago

I was able to get to the new wizard mode HEAVEN'S ON FIRE. I uploaded in 1080 HD for anyone who wants to see what it's all about

Enjoy!

#138 8 years ago

I only get the option to 720p but dang you can play! Obviously the code is much improved watching your video - what are your thoughts Aaron?

#139 8 years ago

I squandered my Heavens on Fire.
I should've brought in my 10x playfield bonus, but the ball drained down the right Outlane.
(that's why scoring was so low in the new mode).

The game is so much more intense when you have a playfield multiplier. So much pressure to capitalize on the scoring and not lose your ball.

If played right, 2-4 billion scores are certainly possible.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

I was able to get to the new wizard mode HEAVEN'S ON FIRE. I uploaded in 1080 HD for anyone who wants to see what it's all about
Enjoy!
» YouTube video

Thanks for that
For some reason, i thought it was going to be a bit more like crank it up. Not a clone of the mode, but at least some more voice overs, better sound effect when you hit shots or something. I guess there is only so much you can do with the sound they recorded.

Seems like you complete the grid during the mode and then shoot the scoop for a super, and then start again?

#141 8 years ago

Yes, the super should've been 80 million instead of only 8.
Keep completing rows, and then scoop.

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm betting your sdcard is corrupted. Your game is not "bricked" though. Bricked refers to an unworkable, unfixable state where the item permanently is no better than a brick.
I made an sd image of GoT that worked for people in similar states in that title. You need a similar image for kiss and maybe a new sd card and you'll be back up and running.

Mark, thanks for the advice. Patrick Powers and then Tanio helped me get what I needed, game is up and running again as of 2 and a half hours ago

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

Enjoy!
» YouTube video

Basically, you need to get 8 instruments and you'll likely have everything else by that point, then shoot the scoop

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

I squandered my Heavens on Fire.
I should've brought in my 10x playfield bonus, but the ball drained down the right Outlane.
(that's why scoring was so low in the new mode).
The game is so much more intense when you have a playfield multiplier. So much pressure to capitalize on the scoring and not lose your ball.
If played right, 2-4 billion scores are certainly possible.

Are the PF multipliers on a timer? Or enabled through remainder of ball?

And same question for the shot multipliers: on timer, or for remainder of ball?

#145 8 years ago

Having serious play issues with my brand new machine... Was purchased 3 days ago I did the update and still can't get it playing. I am now getting this Alert along with all the other problems I posted. Any ideas????

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#146 8 years ago

Turn off game, take out all the balls, reboot game - leave on for 10 minutes. Reboot one more time, add balls.

#147 8 years ago

I'd like the demon letters to do more. Maybe a letter for each locked ball and a Psycho Circus multiball on completion. For the cities i'd like them to change the value or difficulty of each song and have a brief description of what each goal is at song selection with a tour completion for playing all cities

#148 8 years ago

So I just uploaded the new code on my Kiss pin and now every time I start it up its says this on the screen verifying image. Anyone else having this problem? I'm not sure how to fix this problem.

#149 8 years ago

I read the update has a bug fix for when there are balls in the Gene lock and the game is switched off,

From Stern Update read-me: "- If balls were locked in the Demon and the game was turned off, the Demon ball save would be activated during game-over (with a display effect) when the balls were kicked out of the Demon lockup after the game was turned on again. This has been corrected.

I wonder if this v1.28 includes fixing a bug I encountered on the previous code (on a KISS PRO): I locked a ball in Demon, the ball was kicked out and the short ball save was active. While the ball save was active, the ball drained SDTM but I also simultaneously tilted. The display kept going between "TILT" and "BALL SAVED". Never went into "balls missing please wait" search and I eventually had to cycle power.

#150 8 years ago

Wow really surprised that this many people are having trouble even loading the code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-vers-128-thoughts/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.