7 (resized).jpg
34963275_1831593060478919_5231093497343246336_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2799 (resized).JPG
IMG_4341 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181211_141939 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1544494003542 (resized).jpg
28168308_10213647892250694_7804236434046078298_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0289 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Pittsburgh is spelled incorrectly in the above description. Unless they are referencing Pittsburg KS. Pittsburgh PA is spelled with an H. It was originally spelled wrong when it was first released, then fixed. I hope they didn’t revert back to Pittsburg without the H. If so, it may never get fixed and I, as a native Pittsburgher, will never play it, let alone own one.
Here is the background on the “H”:
http://popularpittsburgh.com/whatsinanh/
Can anyone who has downloaded this code look and report back on how Pittsburgh is spelled?
[quoted image]

_OLY ELL that’s a long explanation!

#58 5 years ago

I have a few games down and here are my thoughts compared to the OLD code.

PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER
Compared to before, 2x is downright easy to get to now. 3x of course as well. This is probably the biggest rule change that will see scores much higher than before. I even lit Colossal Bonus for the first time ever. Combine this with the shot multiplier, and you’ve got some full on “strategery.”

ROCK AND ROLL ALL NITE
The rules seemed to change. 3 shots always lit? Could be wrong.

BLACK DIAMOND
Was a mode that a lot avoided, but at some point had a roving lit shot alternating left orbit, center ramp, right orbit.

LOVE GUN MB
Very cool HurryUp in the beginning with the ball locked in the Starchild area.

DEMON MB
Can’t really explain it, but it feels “tighter” and the code has cleaned up the look of it.

HEAVENS ON FIRE MB
Seems more achievable. You have a realistic shot to get there.

KISS ARMY MB
I only reached this a handful of times, but on my 3rd game I got there. Was really surprised. Did not finish.

COMOBS
Thank God the cities do something. Love the addition, even though it’s not crucial, it’s a clever implementation.

Overall the pin is much more “playable” to the average player on factory settings.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

How so? I went through the release notes a couple times and didn't see anything that would change the requirements to HOF.

Can't really say why, but I got there in game 3 which is surprising, honestly. Also to Kiss Army. That hasn't happened. Are MB easier to achieve to help? Not sure. Was fun though. Overall the pin plays easier, code-wise.

UPDATE:

Been to HOF twice in 9 games. Surprising for me. Either it's code, or I just turned (extra) awesome. Let's say the latter.

Regardless, the code DEFINITELY makes the game more fun.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'd be in on a clear disc for sure...
Definitely try to snag one of these machines!!! Alot of fun, and new code really polished everything up...

I'd do a clear disc too. Black disc is messy for sure.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

So do we need to reset the Gene head like last time? There was an adjustment in the settings that helped a little. Afetr the code update mine shoots absolutely perfectly right down the middle. Actually got a Gene multiball and it shot all 3 balls straight down the pipe in a row. It is because of this just awful feature that I never ever want to even play another Stern. How could they ever release a pin with such an awful feature? Next time In in Chicago Im going to try to schedule a tour and ask in person.

It's just the eject power. Pretty easy to change. You can also set the "ball save on" with that as well.

My Gene head works perfectly now. They must've made some tweaking.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Can you set the ball save during a multiball?

Yes I believe it doesn’t discriminate.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Does anyone know why Gene would start counting down? I assume its a hurry up, just not sure what i was supposed to shoot for? And it was during Love Gun mb.

Yes it's fast scoring. I'm not quite sure how it's activated. Maybe a scoop award?

#299 5 years ago

Played 1 game on new code. Got Completed 4 songs, HOF (but couldn't collect super), Colossal Bonus.

Had Love Gun MB twice but didn't have a single Demon multi ball.

Lighting was fantastic but HOLY HELL is the shaker absolutely NUTS during "Super Scoring".

How is Super Scoring even activated? Anyone? Bueller?

IMG_0413 2 (resized).JPGIMG_0413 2 (resized).JPGIMG_2789 (resized).JPGIMG_2789 (resized).JPG
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

how do you get the collosal bonus?

I believe it's for completing so many songs. Maybe 3 in the same ball?

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

With the new city combos, is there an audible call out heard when each one is achieved? (ie. Hello Chicago! or whatever the band used to say)

Yep.

1 week later
#319 5 years ago

Left the club yesterday. Will miss it as I do all pins (except BDK) but once you've seen all modes, it's time to move on.

The new code definitely makes the game easier, like METs code update. For me that was a little bit of a negative, but it still shoots really well.

Family might ask for it back after we see the Kiss Tour this summer but I'll cross that bridge later.

1 month later
#334 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Can someone tell me how you get love gun Multiball?
Also on the LE model does the Paul Stanley toy move at all? If so when?

They’re related.

Hit all 4 S-T-A-R targets in the Starchild area, then shoot the right ramp to begin Love Gun multiball. Thats when Paul starts to move.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-v1400-is-here?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.