7 (resized).jpg
34963275_1831593060478919_5231093497343246336_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2799 (resized).JPG
IMG_4341 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181211_141939 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1544494003542 (resized).jpg
28168308_10213647892250694_7804236434046078298_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0289 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 5 years ago

Loaded and plays well. I forgot how horrible the remade songs are. Gotta change them with Pinball Browser and add God of Thunder for Demon Multi-ball.

Nice update.

I don't see any options in Test mode, game specific. No options there at all. Is this normal? Trying to find how to test the disc under Gene's head. Mine is not working. Not sure if ever did.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I tried to install the update using a thumb drive stick previously used for pictures, as the stick I normally use for updates is only 1MB. I Cleared the stick picture contents and it seemed like the 1.4 loaded normal, but then it doesn’t want to load into the game. I see the 1.4 on the game display, press enter to select and start, then after a few moments get a message stating update complete (which didn’t happen). Does this stick not work with the game because it was formerly used for pics, and if so should I reload to a new stick?

I've used the same 4GB Sandisk Cruiser for years now. I always do a quick format before I copy a new file to it and it has never given me any problems. Whatever was on your stick before is not relevant as long as you format it. Grab a 4GB brand name stick and you shouldn't have any issues.

#119 5 years ago

Can anyone confirm that they can access the Game Specific menu under Tests. When I select it nothing happens. I need to test the spinning disc since mine doesn’t spin as far as I know. I thought it was the last update but this new update is the same thing for me.

Thanks

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

How do I get back version 1.3. I bought the game with 1.3 already loaded

Maybe try a factory reset and then do a FULL update with verify on. I would send you 1.3 but I only have Pro ver. See if my suggestion works. Keep us posted.

#137 5 years ago

That is a strange issue. I also suggest you try another USB. I use a 4GB and once you find one that works, keep that aside as your go-to updater USB.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Does the spinning disk do anything for you guys? I mean, I know mine does spin but it seems to add almost nothing to game play.

Honestly never knew it was even there. Are you able to get into the Game Specific menu to test it? I doubt it matters at all, I was just curious as to why it doesn't work for me and why game specific menu cannot be accessed. I have a Pro.

#158 5 years ago

I take it no one else can get into the Game Specific test mode to test the spinning disc?

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Nope, it's not available in the menu. Other bugs I've noticed in the only 3 games I've been able to play:
"You wanted the best you got the best..." audio track sometimes clips
Round "Army" insert at center ramp sometimes lights and stays lit while no award present

Thanks. Glad it's not just me.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

I've sometimes wondered if there's any reason why you couldn't remove the SD card from the SPIKE2 CPU board (powered off, of course), save its contents using one of the many cloning/imaging tools available for Windows and/or Linux and then put the unmodified SD back into the game? This way you'd have a backup you could get that SD card -- and hopefully, the machine itself -- back to in the unlikely event a code update craps on you and your game won't boot [properly] afterwards. Would something like that work (and, more importantly, would you still have a bootable game if the SD card was in and out of the game like that, unmodified or not)?

I heard you can easily do this. Just make a clone of the SD card. Not sure what software was recommended but I know it will work. Just grab another 4GB SD and once cloned, use that and keep the original in a safe place. Let's see if we can get this going. Game must be off when you remove of course. I'll grab a few SD cards on the weekend and read up on a cloning software and post my findings unless someone out there has already figured this out. Not a bad idea to have a copy of the SD. If you can keep an imagine then that's just as good.

#186 5 years ago

Code is great but I can't handle the new versions of the songs. I have to replace them with Pinball Browser soon. The new song versions are just horrible.

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Ive done everything I can with this one...stuck with it cause its KISS. Also got the translite autod by Paul Gene and Ace. No one really knows who the drummer is supposed to be. i was gonna ask peter to sign it but I was told its not a good idea.

Peter signed mine last summer. He was visibly upset that they changed his image on the glass. I don't think he will sign those anymore. I never noticed what they did to his image and felt terrible when he pointed it out. His signature on the translite was not great but it was him so that all that mattered to me.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I loaded the code. Doesnt help the dreadful play. How do Sterns play so different than Williams Bally etc?? I bought it more as a KISS collectible than a pinball. I will continue to lie and tell people it doesnt work. Any other machine is much more playable. The topper is cool though...

Ahhh lets see, how do Data East play so different from W/B, how do Gottlieb play so different from W/B? How do Spooky games play so different from W/B? what about JJP? Maybe because they are all different companies???

#235 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Got Ace and Peter at separate events. Ace is at the NY Kiss Expo as I type signing. Im one of the idiots that do meet and greets and buy guitars from paul and Gene. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome dude! I am soooooo jealous. I finally met Peter this year and really want to meet Ace. Paul and Gene were at the top of my list but they dropped down. My son and I met Peter and Dee Snyder. Dee was super cool. What a great guy. When I got to meet Peter I was like 12 years old again. Peter got a kick out of it. When he saw the picture on the backglass he was like who is that supposed to be? He wasn't happy. I talked to him about his band Criss that I saw in the mid 80's. Overall it was a wonderful experience. He told my son that he better listen to his cool dad or he'll come over. I said anytime, come by and play pinball. He got a good laugh out of that.

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Was that at the london rock show in june?

yes it was.

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

i drove up there from St Louis. had peter sign 37 items for myself and others. I figured he would get pissy if asked to sign the backglass.

Pissy? wow he made good money there. He wasn't pissy when I had him sign, but I can tell he wasn't thrilled. I never noticed the different artwork. Weird they did that when Peter is clearly on the side with the solo artwork. I guess I could have made him happier telling him that I replaced Black Diamond with his version and added Hard Luck Woman to the set list.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

i drove up there from St Louis. had peter sign 37 items for myself and others. I figured he would get pissy if asked to sign the backglass.

Did you do the photo op? That was cool Got a great photo and a chance to hang close to him. I have to meet the Ace, Paul and Gene. Hoping they get Ace there next year.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

[quoted image]

AWESOME!!!

#255 5 years ago

I need three more...

IMG_4341 (resized).JPGIMG_4341 (resized).JPG
#256 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

[quoted image]

Do you have your Bally Kiss signed?

My buddy has all three but Peter on his. I am sure he would sign the Bally game with no issues.

#277 5 years ago

I like to start my game with Back in thr NY Groove.

2 weeks later
#326 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's insane!!! great shot.....this game is super addictive!!!

That is cool. You re right, I can't stop playing mine. Once i changed the music I just cannot stop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-v1400-is-here?tu=Edster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.