7 (resized).jpg
34963275_1831593060478919_5231093497343246336_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2799 (resized).JPG
IMG_4341 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181211_141939 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1544494003542 (resized).jpg
28168308_10213647892250694_7804236434046078298_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0289 (1) (resized).jpg
There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 5 years ago

Got in touch with tech support. They are telling me to pull my SD card from my Ghostbusters and put it in Kiss. I am an idiot when it comes to this, so are there any steps that need to be made or can I just pull the card from GB, put it in Kiss and then try and update? He said if anything is corrupted they will take care of me, I just want to make sure that is indeed the proper procedure. Thanks

Edit So I was confused they are telling me to take the SD card out of Kiss, put it in GB and then update it. Then remove it from GB and put it back in Kiss. I will give it a shot later today. Just wanted to let anyone know who was a similar issue now or in the future. Thanks

#202 5 years ago

I loaded the code. Doesnt help the dreadful play. How do Sterns play so different than Williams Bally etc?? I bought it more as a KISS collectible than a pinball. I will continue to lie and tell people it doesnt work. Any other machine is much more playable. The topper is cool though...

#203 5 years ago

Share the issues you are having and maybe we can help make the game enjoyable for you.......mine is kick ass...play it more than others I have.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Share the issues you are having and maybe we can help make the game enjoyable for you.......mine is kick ass...play it more than others I have.

Im embarassed when people play mine. Unhittable right ramp, the left loop shot always hits the bumpers, mostly the Gene STDM shot. Sometimes the ball save works but thats usually how multiball ends. My ball lock mechanism hasnt worked correctly since the game was taken out of the box. Constantly losing and looking for the ball then after a couple of cycles shoots it STDM.

Game just has no flow whatsoever.

#205 5 years ago

How a whole lot of my games end...

20180118_122038 (resized).jpg20180118_122038 (resized).jpg
#206 5 years ago

Right ramp is a tough shot...maybe some slight adjustment possible but it’s just a tough shot. Left orbit is again a tough shot but I tend to make it better than 1 out of 10 tries....it’s just a tough shot....only thing I can see is if any post ball guide is a little out of alignment it could make it tougher so possible tweaking.

Ball saves should all be fixed with the new code on stock settings and you can adjust them if needed.

I would reach out to an experienced collector in your area and invite them over to dial in your game ASAP! I am sure someone would be happy to take a look.

The demon lock up has been a little different for everyone. Only time I have an issue is during a multiball and I jam 2-3 balls at the same time in Gene it may jam/lock up. That happens maybe 1 in 50 plus plays...just depends.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Got in touch with tech support. They are telling me to pull my SD card from my Ghostbusters and put it in Kiss. I am an idiot when it comes to this, so are there any steps that need to be made or can I just pull the card from GB, put it in Kiss and then try and update? He said if anything is corrupted they will take care of me, I just want to make sure that is indeed the proper procedure. Thanks
Edit So I was confused they are telling me to take the SD card out of Kiss, put it in GB and then update it. Then remove it from GB and put it back in Kiss. I will give it a shot later today. Just wanted to let anyone know who was a similar issue now or in the future. Thanks

Had exact same issue as you with the 1.30 update. Bought a new 32g USB and code loaded perfectly. Always used the same USB for KISS only. One day it just stopped working. A new and larger USB was the fix.

#208 5 years ago

I had to contact Stern to help with the new code because of course it wouldnt load. He had me take the battery out of the board and it downloaded and worked just fine.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Right ramp is a tough shot...maybe some slight adjustment possible but it’s just a tough shot. Left orbit is again a tough shot but I tend to make it better than 1 out of 10 tries....it’s just a tough shot....only thing I can see is if any post ball guide is a little out of alignment it could make it tougher so possible tweaking.
Ball saves should all be fixed with the new code on stock settings and you can adjust them if needed.
I would reach out to an experienced collector in your area and invite them over to dial in your game ASAP! I am sure someone would be happy to take a look.
The demon lock up has been a little different for everyone. Only time I have an issue is during a multiball and I jam 2-3 balls at the same time in Gene it may jam/lock up. That happens maybe 1 in 50 plus plays...just depends.

I would hope that after owning 15 pins, he would be considered an experienced collector.

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I would hope that after owning 15 pins, he would be considered an experienced collector.

Ive done everything I can with this one...stuck with it cause its KISS. Also got the translite autod by Paul Gene and Ace. No one really knows who the drummer is supposed to be. i was gonna ask peter to sign it but I was told its not a good idea.

#211 5 years ago

I would have had Peter sign it for sure. Who played drums on ALL of Kiss' best albums?

Peter

Chris

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Ive done everything I can with this one...stuck with it cause its KISS. Also got the translite autod by Paul Gene and Ace. No one really knows who the drummer is supposed to be. i was gonna ask peter to sign it but I was told its not a good idea.

I would have Peter sign it....had him and Ace sign my original Bally Kiss playfield....just need to get Gene and Paul.

Sucks you are having so many issues. Hopefully you can eventually get them sorted out.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I would have had Peter sign it for sure. Who played drums on ALL of Kiss' best albums?
Peter
Chris

Who wrote their highest charting song?

Peter

Criss

#214 5 years ago

Doesnt matter...thats not Peter on the backglass. Look close...

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I jam 2-3 balls at the same time in Gene

A lot of guys are like that.

#216 5 years ago

That backglass dont look like any of them, but Peter never played double bass.

#217 5 years ago

If anyone does't deserve much, it's Ace. In Kiss, he was an awesome player, but he was also a drunken whiney b*tch.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That backglass dont look like any of them, but Peter never played double bass.

Its like a hybrid Peter/Eric Singer

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

KISS has awesome flow!

As for Demon issues. That sucks.

Maybe replacing some of the optos would help?

I had issues but seems to be good now, although can hear a click sound, which means it's still not 100%. The optos are a pain for sure.

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Sorry to hear you have problems...I picked up a nice LE awhile back, and plays great....Super jealous of the signed translite....Have a KISS Alive album signed by all 4 ,(think Chris the right answer for this one).

How long did it take you to get the signatures? Thinking about pursuing...

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

How a whole lot of my games end...
[quoted image]

theres a very good chance this is caused by the VUK plunger. its a two piece plunger held together with a pin. if the pin works it way out a bit it causes the malfunction.

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

KISS has awesome flow!
As for Demon issues. That sucks.
Maybe replacing some of the optos would help?
I had issues but seems to be good now, although can hear a click sound, which means it's still not 100%. The optos are a pain for sure.

with the new code the game becomes a flow monster. it forces you to go for combos. On the other hand the shots are tougher on kiss than many games which makes it tougher for new people to play. I'd have to say it my favorite game right now.

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Peter signed mine last summer. He was visibly upset that they changed his image on the glass. I don't think he will sign those anymore. I never noticed what they did to his image and felt terrible when he pointed it out. His signature on the translite was not great but it was him so that all that mattered to me.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I loaded the code. Doesnt help the dreadful play. How do Sterns play so different than Williams Bally etc?? I bought it more as a KISS collectible than a pinball. I will continue to lie and tell people it doesnt work. Any other machine is much more playable. The topper is cool though...

Ahhh lets see, how do Data East play so different from W/B, how do Gottlieb play so different from W/B? How do Spooky games play so different from W/B? what about JJP? Maybe because they are all different companies???

#225 5 years ago

So crazy I have tried updating like 20 times with no success. Finally I saw an above post to not format usb to fat32 and fat instead. I try that and it instantly starts updating.
The update isn’t complete yet but I couldn’t even get his far before.

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Peter signed mine last summer. He was visibly upset that they changed his image on the glass. I don't think he will sign those anymore. I never noticed what they did to his image and felt terrible when he pointed it out. His signature on the translite was not great but it was him so that all that mattered to me.

What did they do to Peter?

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

What did they do to Peter?

The face is clearly that of Eric Singer. The band's current drummer since 2004.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Hes very touchy when signing. Ask him to sign something with Vinnie Vincent on it.

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sorry to hear you have problems...I picked up a nice LE awhile back, and plays great....Super jealous of the signed translite....Have a KISS Alive album signed by all 4 ,(think Chris the right answer for this one).
How long did it take you to get the signatures? Thinking about pursuing...

Got Ace and Peter at separate events. Ace is at the NY Kiss Expo as I type signing. Im one of the idiots that do meet and greets and buy guitars from paul and Gene.

28168308_10213647892250694_7804236434046078298_n (resized).jpg28168308_10213647892250694_7804236434046078298_n (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1519772953538 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1519772953538 (resized).jpgI16A0417 (resized).jpgI16A0417 (resized).jpgIMG_0289 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_0289 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_34561 (resized).jpgIMG_34561 (resized).jpgIMG_35241 (resized).jpgIMG_35241 (resized).jpg
#230 5 years ago

We live very close to each other, and I collect all things Kiss also. I wouldnt mind taking a look at your pin to see if we could get it playing better.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

We live very close to each other, and I collect all things Kiss also. I wouldnt mind taking a look at your pin to see if we could get it playing better.

This would be awesome!! Somebody needs to help Joekiss get his machine running right. Sorry to hear you're still having issues.
joekiss no shame in having meet n greets. If it makes u happy that's all that matters!

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Got Ace and Peter at separate events. Ace is at the NY Kiss Expo as I type signing. Im one of the idiots that do meet and greets and buy guitars from paul and Gene. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is awesome!!!! May have to see if/when they might be close to me ( Atlanta, maybe)...

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

So crazy I have tried updating like 20 times with no success. Finally I saw an above post to not format usb to fat32 and fat instead. I try that and it instantly starts updating.
The update isn’t complete yet but I couldn’t even get his far before.

Haven't heard how it went for you. Can we assume that the download was successful and you've been enjoying the awesome new code for the last six hours?

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Haven't heard how it went for you. Can we assume that the download was successful and you've been enjoying the awesome new code for the last six hours?

Everything loaded correctly. I am getting a node 8 error I am hoping that isnt an is issue. I have little kids so I haven’t even had a chance to play. Too much terminator salvation!!!

#235 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Got Ace and Peter at separate events. Ace is at the NY Kiss Expo as I type signing. Im one of the idiots that do meet and greets and buy guitars from paul and Gene. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome dude! I am soooooo jealous. I finally met Peter this year and really want to meet Ace. Paul and Gene were at the top of my list but they dropped down. My son and I met Peter and Dee Snyder. Dee was super cool. What a great guy. When I got to meet Peter I was like 12 years old again. Peter got a kick out of it. When he saw the picture on the backglass he was like who is that supposed to be? He wasn't happy. I talked to him about his band Criss that I saw in the mid 80's. Overall it was a wonderful experience. He told my son that he better listen to his cool dad or he'll come over. I said anytime, come by and play pinball. He got a good laugh out of that.

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Awesome dude! I am soooooo jealous. I finally met Peter this year and really want to meet Ace. Paul and Gene were at the top of my list but they dropped down. My son and I met Peter and Dee Snyder. Dee was super cool. What a great guy. When I got to meet Peter I was like 12 years old again. Peter got a kick out of it. When he saw the picture on the backglass he was like who is that supposed to be? He wasn't happy. I talked to him about his band Criss that I saw in the mid 80's. Overall it was a wonderful experience. He told my son that he better listen to his cool dad or he'll come over. I said anytime, come by and play pinball. He got a good laugh out of that.

Was that at the london rock show in june?

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Was that at the london rock show in june?

yes it was.

#238 5 years ago

notice my demon lock on the pro is not holding the ball everytime. I hit it up there and it makes a noise like something is moving but ball don't stay locked. is this usually a opto prob? or is it prob just not a clean enough hit to catch the ball?

#239 5 years ago

i drove up there from St Louis. had peter sign 37 items for myself and others. I figured he would get pissy if asked to sign the backglass.

#240 5 years ago

So do we need to reset the Gene head like last time? There was an adjustment in the settings that helped a little. Afetr the code update mine shoots absolutely perfectly right down the middle. Actually got a Gene multiball and it shot all 3 balls straight down the pipe in a row. It is because of this just awful feature that I never ever want to even play another Stern. How could they ever release a pin with such an awful feature? Next time In in Chicago Im going to try to schedule a tour and ask in person.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

So do we need to reset the Gene head like last time? There was an adjustment in the settings that helped a little. Afetr the code update mine shoots absolutely perfectly right down the middle. Actually got a Gene multiball and it shot all 3 balls straight down the pipe in a row. It is because of this just awful feature that I never ever want to even play another Stern. How could they ever release a pin with such an awful feature? Next time In in Chicago Im going to try to schedule a tour and ask in person.

It's just the eject power. Pretty easy to change. You can also set the "ball save on" with that as well.

My Gene head works perfectly now. They must've made some tweaking.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's just the eject power. Pretty easy to change. You can also set the "ball save on" with that as well.

Can you set the ball save during a multiball?

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm pretty sure the Lockup and Eject power settings are Still backwards in the service menu. If you want to lower the eject power, try decreasing the Lockup power. Yes, I said Lockup power. Mines set at 22. Most ejects hit the right flipper. Good luck!

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

i drove up there from St Louis. had peter sign 37 items for myself and others. I figured he would get pissy if asked to sign the backglass.

Pissy? wow he made good money there. He wasn't pissy when I had him sign, but I can tell he wasn't thrilled. I never noticed the different artwork. Weird they did that when Peter is clearly on the side with the solo artwork. I guess I could have made him happier telling him that I replaced Black Diamond with his version and added Hard Luck Woman to the set list.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Did you do the photo op? That was cool Got a great photo and a chance to hang close to him. I have to meet the Ace, Paul and Gene. Hoping they get Ace there next year.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

notice my demon lock on the pro is not holding the ball everytime. I hit it up there and it makes a noise like something is moving but ball don't stay locked. is this usually a opto prob? or is it prob just not a clean enough hit to catch the ball?

Pros don’t hold the ball do you mean your LE or PREM? I thought pros had virtua lock

#247 5 years ago

I think he means it rolls in there but never stays.

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Did you do the photo op? That was cool Got a great photo and a chance to hang close to him. I have to meet the Ace, Paul and Gene. Hoping they get Ace there next year.

I had a few items already signed by Vinnie Vincent. I guess Peter isn't a fan. Gigi kept him on track. I spent just under 2 grand so I got a free pic with Peter!!!
That was a great convention. I would up buying the guys set of Halloween costumes.

#249 5 years ago
FB_IMG_1544494003542 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1544494003542 (resized).jpg
#250 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Can you set the ball save during a multiball?

Yes I believe it doesn’t discriminate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-v1400-is-here/page/5?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.