Topic Stats

• 342 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Mudflaps
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
F001709D-E08A-4C99-B7FA-DF2AC2830EDB (resized).jpeg
AC8CCFF4-52CA-42EF-99F7-A48B4D7D4F99 (resized).jpeg
65DBE0A7-5887-4EF1-8859-2776F98DAD6C (resized).jpeg
IMG_0413 2 (resized).JPG
IMG_2789 (resized).JPG
364B8932-1732-44B0-99A3-432FF920D0D8 (resized).jpeg
20181212_193504 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
34963275_1831593060478919_5231093497343246336_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2799 (resized).JPG
IMG_4341 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181211_141939 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1544494003542 (resized).jpg
28168308_10213647892250694_7804236434046078298_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0289 (1) (resized).jpg

There are 342 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I tried to install the update using a thumb drive stick previously used for pictures, as the stick I normally use for updates is only 1MB. I Cleared the stick picture contents and it seemed like the 1.4 loaded normal, but then it doesn’t want to load into the game. I see the 1.4 on the game display, press enter to select and start, then after a few moments get a message stating update complete (which didn’t happen). Does this stick not work with the game because it was formerly used for pics, and if so should I reload to a new stick?

for some reason I always have problems with reused sticks, even after I clean them. I buy new and it seems to work. having that same problem now, guess i'll run to Walmart.

#102 1 year ago

did you pull stick out then restart the game after it said code complete?

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Try a different and slightly larger stick...

Thats what she said

#104 1 year ago

I was waiting for that! Good man

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I tried to install the update using a thumb drive stick previously used for pictures, as the stick I normally use for updates is only 1MB. I Cleared the stick picture contents and it seemed like the 1.4 loaded normal, but then it doesn’t want to load into the game. I see the 1.4 on the game display, press enter to select and start, then after a few moments get a message stating update complete (which didn’t happen). Does this stick not work with the game because it was formerly used for pics, and if so should I reload to a new stick?

I've used the same 4GB Sandisk Cruiser for years now. I always do a quick format before I copy a new file to it and it has never given me any problems. Whatever was on your stick before is not relevant as long as you format it. Grab a 4GB brand name stick and you shouldn't have any issues.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I once had the same thing happen trying to update a KISS LE. I was using a USB 2.0 flash drive and the game just froze up when I pressed Select on the displayed file name.

Try a USB 3.0 specification flash drive if you have one. That's what I did following the 2.0 fail -- worked perfectly.

And edster is right, it's always best to quick-format the USB before copying the files over (even if you've already deleted everything, which always leaves data behind in the root directory and File Allocation Table (FAT) areas of the drive that might possibly throw the updater off).

#107 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies. I’ve always used the same 1GB stick without issue till now, but the 1.4 code would not fit even when empty. I thought maybe reformatting one of the larger photo sticks to super clean it might help so I did a search for FAT32 reformat, which turned up a procedure diving into the core of one’s computer and entering old school commands. Is there an easier way, or just buy a new stick? Thanks again.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Try a different and slightly larger stick...

and no ntfs

#109 1 year ago

Ok, sooo skill shot found, or no skill shot?

#110 1 year ago

No true skill shot that I have found....but if you start with Duece the left Orbit shot is lit and you can still plunge soft enough to collect the shot.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

Ok, sooo skill shot found, or no skill shot?

Slow plunge on any song that has a left or right orbit lit and you can get that lit target. I think that is about it.

#112 1 year ago

I am having a problem updating the code. I downloaded the code to the usb and put into the game. After a few seconds it says the game is updated and to remove the usb. The problem is no update has taken place. I have updated many Sam games and a few spike games in the past and never had this problem. If anyone has any tips please let me know. Thanks, Mike

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Thanks for the replies. I’ve always used the same 1GB stick without issue till now, but the 1.4 code would not fit even when empty. I thought maybe reformatting one of the larger photo sticks to super clean it might help so I did a search for FAT32 reformat, which turned up a procedure diving into the core of one’s computer and entering old school commands. Is there an easier way, or just buy a new stick? Thanks again.

On Windows 10 go into File Explorer, right-click on the USB drive in the left pane (it should be labeled as such -- D: or higher), select Format. In the dialog that pops up, click Restore Device Defaults. This should put the settings at FAT32, Default Allocation Size and also check-mark Quick Format. (Leave the Volume Label blank.) Click Start and then confirm to format the USB.

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am having a problem updating the code. I downloaded the code to the usb and put into the game. After a few seconds it says the game is updated and to remove the usb. The problem is no update has taken place. I have updated many Sam games and a few spike games in the past and never had this problem. If anyone has any tips please let me know. Thanks, Mike

See my post #106 above.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-v1400-is-here/page/3#post-4713438

#115 1 year ago

I think it is because I am using a 2GB stick. I have never had the problem in the past but looks like a problem with this update. Everything I believe is set properly.

#116 1 year ago

Pittsburg will be the new Heroes.

Congrats to all you Kiss owners out there. I still find it inexcusable for Stern to have taken this long to make things right, but they ultimately delivered and this looks to be one heck of an update. In the end - great job Stern!

#117 1 year ago

Is it possible for someone to be so kind as to send me the code update. I can’t get it to work. It is weird it is down loading differently than any other code I have ever downloaded. My dead pool code downloaded just fine. If you can help me out please send it michael0663@comcast.net
I am now downloading and uploading with a 8GB and still getting that the code update is completed but nothing has happened.

Thanks, Mike

#118 1 year ago

Lets do this.....

20181201_182004 (resized).jpg
#119 1 year ago

Can anyone confirm that they can access the Game Specific menu under Tests. When I select it nothing happens. I need to test the spinning disc since mine doesn’t spin as far as I know. I thought it was the last update but this new update is the same thing for me.

Thanks

#120 1 year ago

Great news. Generally not a huge fan of stern, but when given an honest chance, Kiss is a pretty fun and challenging machine. I’ll have to tell my local route guy to update so I can drop some coins.

#121 1 year ago

So my update on my update difficulties; found the usb stick I forgot was used to update kiss 1.3, so cleared 1.3 and loaded 1.4 from my computer. Plugged into game and seems to be taking the update as it should, but it’s about half way done so I’ll know pretty soon.

Update to the update of the update; Success.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Great news. Generally not a huge fan of stern, but when given an honest chance, Kiss is a pretty fun and challenging machine. I’ll have to tell my local route guy to update so I can drop some coins.

A much better game than many realize...Great art and now gameplay. I'm not a band pin guy at all, but this one definitely bridges the gap for me...Fun ride...

#123 1 year ago

Has anyone swapped out Kiss songs for other Classic Kiss songs with the update. Would love to have God of Thunder, King of the Nightime World, I stole your love ... You get the point.

#124 1 year ago

Still looking for some help on the update below is what I am getting.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1F49FB85-DD8E-4D57-98EB-A887C41251C6 (resized).jpeg452617F7-50F3-4886-9E43-8B453BA261BA (resized).jpegA3188E7C-3F97-414D-8934-9321B2025EE2 (resized).jpeg
#125 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

reload version 1.3 then reload ver 1.4

#126 1 year ago

How do I get back version 1.3. I bought the game with 1.3 already loaded

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

How do I get back version 1.3. I bought the game with 1.3 already loaded

Maybe try a factory reset and then do a FULL update with verify on. I would send you 1.3 but I only have Pro ver. See if my suggestion works. Keep us posted.

#128 1 year ago

Sorry but how do u perform factory reset?

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Sorry but how do u perform factory reset?

Utilities>reset>fac. Reset...
Choose yes, enter

#130 1 year ago

Factory reset did nothing.

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Factory reset did nothing.

Mine did the exact same thing. Load 1.4 into a different or new stick and try again.

#132 1 year ago

So far I have tried two different 2GB sticks and one 8GB stick formatted to fat32 and never gets to the point to start uploading. It freezes for a second after I press select to upload and then give me the message that it is complete but not truly complete. Please see pic above. Thanks again for any help.

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Mine did the exact same thing. Load 1.4 into a different or new stick and try again.

looks like a new stick is needed

#134 1 year ago

I may have bust out tech support

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Same for me. Multiple reformatting, etc the 8GB stick I was using would not work and behaved exactly the same. I ended up putting the update on a micro SD card and installed it with a USB to SD adapter.

#136 1 year ago

Yeah just seems like a finicky process for some reason on this one.

On a plus side, what a great community of enthusiasts we have here to discuss problems this to find out others had the same issue and offering suggestions.

#137 1 year ago

That is a strange issue. I also suggest you try another USB. I use a 4GB and once you find one that works, keep that aside as your go-to updater USB.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've never seen an update screen on SPIKE that looks like your 2nd pic (with that size lettering/font type). It should finish with what's in Stones pic above: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-v1400-is-here/page/3#post-4714371

You'll probably need to give Stern a call, because even if you had the old 1.30 code, I'm not sure it's possible to "roll back" on SPIKE/SPIKE 2 boards. At least that's what I've read.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

I've never seen an update screen on SPIKE that looks like your 2nd pic (with that size lettering/font type). It should finish with what's in Stones pic above: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-v1400-is-here/page/3#post-4714371
You'll probably need to give Stern a call, because even if you had the old 1.30 code, I'm not sure it's possible to "roll back" on SPIKE/SPIKE 2 boards. At least that's what I've read.

I am still at 1.30. Even though it says update is complete, nothing has taken place. I have emailed Chas we with the pics we will see what he says.

#140 1 year ago

Anyone seen any video of the new code posted yet?

#141 1 year ago

Are most having problems, pro, prem, or LE?

#142 1 year ago

The game knows that Pittsburgh is spelled incorrectly and is rejecting these downloads in protest.

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

The game knows that Pittsburgh is spelled incorrectly and is rejecting these downloads in protest.

LOL!!! Damn there could be some truth to that.

Been so long I did an update I could not find my go to Stick for updates.....tried about 4 others I had laying around and had issues with all of them. Finally found my old one that worked and was able to get another one to work and got code updated. Kind of a pain in the ass but confident it’s a USB stick issue some are having.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Edster:

I need to test the spinning disc since mine doesn’t spin as far as I know

Does the spinning disk do anything for you guys? I mean, I know mine does spin but it seems to add almost nothing to game play.

#145 1 year ago

Oh yeah...especially on fresh wax...crazy spin on the ball sometimes when it comes out. It’s not a big impact overall...I think thereason is the narrow entrance/exit to the disc...could have been implemented a little better....

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Does the spinning disk do anything for you guys? I mean, I know mine does spin but it seems to add almost nothing to game play.

Honestly never knew it was even there. Are you able to get into the Game Specific menu to test it? I doubt it matters at all, I was just curious as to why it doesn't work for me and why game specific menu cannot be accessed. I have a Pro.

#147 1 year ago

Somebody please make a Tron style replacement disc for Kiss. Would love to see that thing flinging the ball more.

#148 1 year ago

I don’t think it’s the disc....it’s a very narrow entrance/exit under Genes head that is the issue. Doesn’t allow the spin from the disc to be very effective.

Now early on some reported issues of Black stuff from the disc getting all over the playfield. Stopped for most after a while. I never had big issues fortunately.

#149 1 year ago

Any one else getting this when trying to perform the update. Just trying to find out if I am having a different issue from others.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 342 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside