7 (resized).jpg
34963275_1831593060478919_5231093497343246336_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2799 (resized).JPG
IMG_4341 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181211_141939 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1544494003542 (resized).jpg
28168308_10213647892250694_7804236434046078298_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0289 (1) (resized).jpg

There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Does this mean Kiss machine prices will sky rocket?

Likely stabilise a bit rather than falling further. One, it's difficult to rehabilitate a game abandoned for so long - in the market, that is. Two, nothing is ever going to 'skyrocket' with the kind of saturation we're seeing now - which is likely to get much worse if and when DR launch.

#53 5 years ago

Deeproot Pinball Co.

#54 5 years ago

I don’t own the game or have access to one, but in reading the new readme file, I am confused on the comments to the effect that “cities do something now”

It seems that certain combo patterns are now called a particular city (much like X-men has names for certain shot patterns).

Does choosing the city at the beginning of the game have anything to do with anything such making the particular combo named after the city worth more? Can you change cities, or only songs? Is there a benefit to playing a certain city?

In any event, it seems like a tremendous code update. Congrats to the owners!

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I don’t own the game or have access to one, but in reading the new readme file, I am confused on the comments to the effect that “cities do something now”
It seems that certain combo patterns are now called a particular city (much like X-men has names for certain shot patterns).
Does choosing the city at the beginning of the game have anything to do with anything such making the particular combo named after the city worth more? Can you change cities, or only songs? Is there a benefit to playing a certain city?
In any event, it seems like a tremendous code update. Congrats to the owners!

You no longer choose cities at the beginning of the game. You earn them by hitting specific combo shots.

Its a great update. I played a few games on it this morning and am seeing new animations, lighting effects and callouts on every ball.

#56 5 years ago

"You wanted the best... you got the best..." now plays at the start of each game. Awesome!

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Pittsburgh is spelled incorrectly in the above description. Unless they are referencing Pittsburg KS. Pittsburgh PA is spelled with an H. It was originally spelled wrong when it was first released, then fixed. I hope they didn’t revert back to Pittsburg without the H. If so, it may never get fixed and I, as a native Pittsburgher, will never play it, let alone own one.
Here is the background on the “H”:
http://popularpittsburgh.com/whatsinanh/
Can anyone who has downloaded this code look and report back on how Pittsburgh is spelled?
[quoted image]

are you fuckin kidding me?? I hope they leave the H out just because of this dumb post

#58 5 years ago

I have a few games down and here are my thoughts compared to the OLD code.

PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER
Compared to before, 2x is downright easy to get to now. 3x of course as well. This is probably the biggest rule change that will see scores much higher than before. I even lit Colossal Bonus for the first time ever. Combine this with the shot multiplier, and you’ve got some full on “strategery.”

ROCK AND ROLL ALL NITE
The rules seemed to change. 3 shots always lit? Could be wrong.

BLACK DIAMOND
Was a mode that a lot avoided, but at some point had a roving lit shot alternating left orbit, center ramp, right orbit.

LOVE GUN MB
Very cool HurryUp in the beginning with the ball locked in the Starchild area.

DEMON MB
Can’t really explain it, but it feels “tighter” and the code has cleaned up the look of it.

HEAVENS ON FIRE MB
Seems more achievable. You have a realistic shot to get there.

KISS ARMY MB
I only reached this a handful of times, but on my 3rd game I got there. Was really surprised. Did not finish.

COMOBS
Thank God the cities do something. Love the addition, even though it’s not crucial, it’s a clever implementation.

Overall the pin is much more “playable” to the average player on factory settings.

#59 5 years ago

Hold the phone ... there's a Stern KISS game?!

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

are you fuckin kidding me?? I hope they leave the H out just because of this dumb post

Almost like someone thinking Mt Rainier is in Maryland, not Washington! ****

#61 5 years ago

Congrats to the owners!! Stern is finally listening to owners, and it shows. They’re reclaiming a ton more confidence in the community with these huge updates.

We’re not that hard to please after all

#62 5 years ago

YOU SPELLED PITTSBURGH WRONG! EPIC FAIL, STERN!!!!!1!!!

4CC86EA7-696E-47E9-9092-A271A62BCAA7.gif4CC86EA7-696E-47E9-9092-A271A62BCAA7.gif

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The only big updates happening to 'old' games are Lyman and Lonnie. Contrast this with the only 'old' Dwight game that had an update .... Star Trek, which had a couple of lines of bug fixes which Lyman helped him with.
Unless he has a lot of assistance from the new hires, i wouldn't expect much for GB. ST and GoT both need bug fixes and general polish, and it seems unlikely it'll happen.
But to this code ... looks good. Can only imagine how much better the game's reputation and sales to collectors would have been if they'd come out with this two years ago.

they need an way to push out node_board updates to older games with out an big code update as well.

#64 5 years ago

Can’t believe they did that to ya....looks like someone forgot spell check LOL! I am sure with such a huge update there are bound to be a few bugs and a small update will follow to correct small issues. Don’t hold this mistake against Kiss.....it’s a fun game. If it burns you that bad boycott all Stern games.

#65 5 years ago

SWEEEETTTT

Ok, now, who were the guys ADAMANT that the cities weren't meant to be integrated into the pin?

cmon, fess up and eat that crow!!

#66 5 years ago

Finally!!

The Browns are winning football games and Stern is releasing code updates!!

What’s next?

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Finally!!
The Browns are winning football games and Stern is releasing code updates!!
What’s next?

Detroit Lions get good? Nah

#68 5 years ago

when Jared.....2020?

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The only big updates happening to 'old' games are Lyman and Lonnie. Contrast this with the only 'old' Dwight game that had an update .... Star Trek, which had a couple of lines of bug fixes which Lyman helped him with.

Star Trek is mainly Lonnie's game, as he designed the basic rules and modes. Dwight worked on the 1.6 update when he returned to working for Stern.

#70 5 years ago

I'm guessing Pinball Browser will allow an edit of a text item like Pittsburgh? Would that be possible? Until/if they don't release another update?

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You Ooze, You Loose

Haha, just noticed your pinside store name. That's awesome, love it.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Deeproot Pinball Co.

Thanks!!!!!!

#74 5 years ago

In 2013 Tanio was lead on Star Trek. Perhaps both worked on it but Tanio was lead. I imagine it changed hands somewhere along the way to other programmers too.

Quoted from Sinestro:

Star Trek is mainly Lonnie's game, as he designed the basic rules and modes. Dwight worked on the 1.6 update when he returned to working for Stern.

#75 5 years ago

Congrats Kiss owners. Stern major thumbs up!! Who says competition doesn't drive change. Awesome to see.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You Ooze, You Loose

Reinforcment

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

HEAVENS ON FIRE MB
Seems more achievable. You have a realistic shot to get there.

How so? I went through the release notes a couple times and didn't see anything that would change the requirements to HOF.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

In 2013 Tanio was lead on Star Trek. Perhaps both worked on it but Tanio was lead. I imagine it changed hands somewhere along the way to other programmers too.

Deadpool is Tanio's first game as lead programmer, in 2018. Star Trek is a Lonnie game, with Dwight brought in for the final polish. Dwight even posted on Pinside some time ago saying all he did was finish Lonnie's roadmap.

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 12.55.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-30 at 12.55.18 PM (resized).png

#79 5 years ago

I guess Tanio was kidding when I spoke with him face to face in chicago in October 2013 about his first lead programming job on Star Trek? I'm sure Lonnie helped coding along with other programmers. Heck XMEN had 6 programmers along the years with Waison finishing it up.

Quoted from frolic:

Deadpool is Tanio's FIRST game as lead programmer, in 2018. Star Trek is a Lonnie game, with Dwight brought in for the final polish. Dwight even posted on Pinside some time ago saying all he did was finish Lonnie's roadmap.
[quoted image]

#80 5 years ago

very good news, dont have a KISS, but was really waiting for this to look more closer for one...

of course not bashing this new code (would be a nonsense), but just got this small idea while reading the new "town combo feature" :

instead of having all these combos available directly while playing, the idea to keep the town choice at the begining of a game (or a ball !?) would have given more strategy if you still have to chose a town (and than only get to score that 1 specific combo linked to that town)

#81 5 years ago

I guess Tanio was lying when I spoke with him face to face in chicago in October 2013 about his first lead programming job on Star Trek?

I wasn't there. But on the Deadpool reveal video he's introduced at 15:32 as this being his first lead game.

#82 5 years ago

I'm shocked they added the cities combo logic. They had no intention of adding anything for cities but must have reconsidered.
Thats great news and it shows they are listening to their customers.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

very good news, dont have a KISS, but was really waiting for this to look more closer for one...
of course not bashing this new code (would be a nonsense), but just got this small idea while reading the new "town combo feature" :
instead of having all these combos available directly while playing, the idea to keep the town choice at the begining of a game (or a ball !?) would have given more strategy if you still have to chose a town (and than only get to score that 1 specific combo linked to that town)

#83 5 years ago

ok, that's what Tim said. Thanks for the link! It doesn't change what Tanio said in 2013, so I'll chalk it up to misremembering

Quoted from frolic:

I wasn't there. But on the Deadpool reveal video he's introduced at 15:32 as this being his first lead game.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

How so? I went through the release notes a couple times and didn't see anything that would change the requirements to HOF.

Can't really say why, but I got there in game 3 which is surprising, honestly. Also to Kiss Army. That hasn't happened. Are MB easier to achieve to help? Not sure. Was fun though. Overall the pin plays easier, code-wise.

UPDATE:

Been to HOF twice in 9 games. Surprising for me. Either it's code, or I just turned (extra) awesome. Let's say the latter.

Regardless, the code DEFINITELY makes the game more fun.

#85 5 years ago

I guess Tanio was kidding when I spoke with him face to face in chicago in October 2013 about his first lead programming job on Star Trek? I'm sure Lonnie helped coding along with other programmers. Heck XMEN had 6 programmers along the years with Waison finishing it up.

Tanio worked on ST, but not the lead on code, he was the guy that got those kick ass LED Enterprise side rails and the backbox insignia lighting and flashers integrated into the game.

#86 5 years ago

Did they say who the lead programmer is on this update?

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

KISS was a fantastically under-rated game BEFORE this update.
So, if you liked it before, it's likely you'll like it more now.
Happy KISSmas
No one can say anymore that you have these cities that don't do anything
Stern have really made good on their code promises.

A fun machine that already felt more polished after only a few games last night...will dive in more tonight.....couldn't be happier w the pin!!!

#88 5 years ago

First off, super appreciative, thx Stern. I did find a possible bug if someone else could verify. During ball save the left out lane switch makes no sound and does not kick another ball out upon activation. The right side behaves normally.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

During ball save the left out lane switch makes no sound and does not kick another ball out upon activation. The right side behaves normally.

Did you at least absolutely verify that the switch is activating??

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Did you at least absolutely verify that the switch is activating??

Yes, of course....it activates and makes sound when ball save is off.

#91 5 years ago

First off, super appreciative, thx Stern. I did find a possible bug if someone else could verify. During ball save the left out lane switch makes no sound and does not kick another ball out upon activation. The right side behaves normally.

Mine did this also, ball save didnt kick in til it made it to the drain.

#92 5 years ago

Yep....I noticed the same thing on the left drain

#93 5 years ago

I believe if the drain ball save light is still on, it simply rolls over that switch and relaunches. If that timer expires and left light still on, it auto launches another ball.

Different than last version, but seems to work fine....

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I believe if the drain ball save light is still on, it simply rolls over that switch and relaunches. If that timer expires and left light still on, it auto launches another ball.
Different than last version, but seems to work fine....

Gonna respectfully disagree, it doesn't even make a sound and it should act the same as the right out-lane..... and every other game they make.

#95 5 years ago

Gonna respectfully disagree, it doesn't even make a sound and it should act the same as the right out-lane..... and every other game they make.

It's just what I've noted so far, as I thought the same thing you did.....have no idea if it's right or not....does it auto launch on the right out-lane with drain save active? (haven't done my pull the glass test yet)....

#96 5 years ago

Loaded and plays well. I forgot how horrible the remade songs are. Gotta change them with Pinball Browser and add God of Thunder for Demon Multi-ball.

Nice update.

I don't see any options in Test mode, game specific. No options there at all. Is this normal? Trying to find how to test the disc under Gene's head. Mine is not working. Not sure if ever did.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Yep....I noticed the same thing on the left drain

I noticed the same!!!

#98 5 years ago

I tried to install the update using a thumb drive stick previously used for pictures, as the stick I normally use for updates is only 1MB. I Cleared the stick picture contents and it seemed like the 1.4 loaded normal, but then it doesn’t want to load into the game. I see the 1.4 on the game display, press enter to select and start, then after a few moments get a message stating update complete (which didn’t happen). Does this stick not work with the game because it was formerly used for pics, and if so should I reload to a new stick?

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

She is ready!!!!! Downloading now!!!!! Glad we didn’t divorce.
[quoted image]

If you had to choose to keep just one, would it be updated KISS or AC/DC?

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I tried to install the update using a thumb drive stick previously used for pictures, as the stick I normally use for updates is only 1MB. I Cleared the stick picture contents and it seemed like the 1.4 loaded normal, but then it doesn’t want to load into the game. I see the 1.4 on the game display, press enter to select and start, then after a few moments get a message stating update complete (which didn’t happen). Does this stick not work with the game because it was formerly used for pics, and if so should I reload to a new stick?

Try a different and slightly larger stick...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
17,225 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-v1400-is-here/page/2?hl=ralphcousman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.