Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170809_161653 (resized).jpg
IMG_5521 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The April 2016 update WAS the big update owners were holding their breath for. KISS was pretty much done at that time, but people always want more, and there were still some issues. Now those issues have been addressed also. IMO nobody should continue complaining that KISS was abandoned - it wasn't.

They fixed half or less of the documented bugs. I wouldn't say that's addressing the "issues" that are known. There's still a pretty good list of bugs remaining.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from Suicyco:

Are you basing this on the release notes or actual testing? They don't always list all the fixes in the text file.

Both. Obvious bugs like the unlit arrow to the left of a lit arrow registering, and the song change bug that was copied to Aerosmith's code are still in 1.30. No idea why those two, especially, weren't changed since they should be dead simple to fix and have been documented forever.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Mine doesnt do that, are you sure its not hitting shots when the arrow is moving?

Yours definitely does do that if you have a premium or le. No idea if the pro does it.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I agree with Terry and Dave on this. Good game, good risk/reward. Nice to see the bug fixes.
I don't remember Stern officially saying a "huge" update was coming or that the cities were intended for more than just call outs. Pretty sure that was all Pinside chatter. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Stern stopped rules-changing major updates on any of its games because that sets up an expectation for every game to evolve for years after production which isn't really a reasonable situation.

Jody called it a "big code update" that was coming when he talked about it last year on one of the john's arcade videos.

I jumped to where he said it in the video here:

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

I'm not sure if it's fixed yet or not because I didn't get a chance to load the new code last night but I know at times certain shots that weren't lit would award a lit shot. This is before the shots start moving.

Not fixed.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Pro has had the same bug in 1.28. I haven't loaded 1.30 to confirm it still exists.

It's still in Prem/LE 1.30, so it's likely still in Pro. it's weird they would leave it in when it seems pretty simple to fix.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a pro and have not noticed this, i will go try it now.

Easiest to check in Deuce. Get the arrows shifted to the right, and when the arrows are on the demon head and the right ramp, hit the center ramp - it will count as if it was lit. This happens before the arrows start moving on their own.

Curated bug list for 1.30 is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist

If you find any new bugs, post there and I'll add it to the list in the first post.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Wow, never noticed that, guess i always hit the lit shot.
I did notice now my gene is spitting the ball sdtm and it never did that before. Seems to be coming out slower.

You need to tweak the power of the kick out (spit) for the head. This is a good opportunity to see if 1.30 fixed the system menu. On 1.28, they were reversed. The kick up adjustment was really the kick out and vice versa. Let me know if they're still reversed in 1.30.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

In the case of Kiss, WOF, or WWE I would buy the $2500 machine. I think comparing Stern KISS to WOF is not that far of a stretch. They are both good games that I would never consider buying.

No way is KISS even in the same neighborhood as WWE, which is a steaming pile that no code will ever rescue.

WoF, I can see the parallels, except that KISS is more polished than WoF, even with the bugs it does have.

If you put all three side by side, KISS is the only one I'd take home. The other two are bonafide turds.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I thought they used to have a vuk and demon eject, now i only see demon eject

It's Demon Eject #8 (Spit) and Demon Lockup #9 (VUK). They're still there. Just verified they're still reversed in 1.30 and adjust the opposite things.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a pro, not sure if thats whats different. My demon eject is #3

Right, forgot. Less features on Pro. On LE it's #8 and #9. Pros don't lock balls in the head, right? That would explain the missing adjustment.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Right, but i did use to have a vuk adj. Which i dont see anymore

Hmm. Don't have a pro to check, only access to a Prem and an LE here, so I can't help.

1 week later
#104 2 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

I just got done playing a handful of games and immediately realized that the light show is even more outstanding than before. Is this part of the update or am I imagining??

My son and I have been arguing over that (on a KISS LE). He says it's not that much different, but I say on Heaven's on Fire, especially, it's a LOT better light show. Too lazy to roll it back to 1.28 to compare, but I'm pretty sure the lightshow is improved with 1.30.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Ok, someone explain the skill shot to me....

It's not REALLY a skill shot in the classic sense, IMO, but you can get the first arrow on the left by the pop bumpers for the songs like Deuce that light it if you launch the ball very slowly. It does take skill because it has to be fast enough to get over the top, but not so fast it gets to the arrow too soon (where it won't register).

2 weeks later
#111 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Finally got some time in on KISS with the new code today. Did they retool the scoring? How do you play 6 multiballs including a HOF and KISS Army and only score 214,000,000 points? I don't like games that give you 100,000 for plunging a ball but this is ridiculous.

It seems to me like the scoring got more liberal with 1.30. If you weren't playing with stacked multipliers, I could see that game with that score.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside