• Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170809_161653 (resized).jpg
IMG_5521 (resized).JPG
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Just went to look at the latest KISS readme file, and found version 1.30 info!!!

Here it is...

V1.30.0 - Aug. 2, 2017
======================

- Fixed debounce times for the Dollar Bill Validator.
- Added "save progress" adjustments for DEMON MULTIBALL and LOVE GUN
MULTIBALL (Default: NO).
- TRACKS (SONGS/MODES) now reset once all TRACKS have been completed.
(It was previously not possible to play any of the TRACKS again after
the last TRACK was completed.)
- LOVE GUN MULTIBALL is now allowed to start when KISS/ARMY is lit.
- Increased HEAVEN'S ON FIRE multiball scores. Removed scoring caps.
- Fixed a bug in the auto-percentaged EXTRA BALL module that would
sometimes set the number of INSTRUMENTS to light EXTRA BALL to a very
high value.
- Fixed a bug where the STARCHILD INSTRUMENT for HEAVEN'S ON FIRE was
staying lit even when the item in the grid had been awarded.
- Lit INSTRUMENTS now carry over ball-to-ball.
- SHOUT IT OUT LOUD TRACK (SONG/MODE) was not keeping all of its data
in player state. If two people played the TRACK, it was possible for
one player to complete a set of shots and then the other player would
not have any shots lit, and be stuck playing SHOUT IT OUT LOUD for
the rest of the game. This has been corrected.
- The back panel switch on the Premium/LE was not giving out all of the
awards the right ramp was giving. This has been corrected.
- Moved the call to start LOVE GUN MULTIBALL to the end of the right ramp
award sequence, so the INSTRUMENT(S) can be lit. When the INSTRUMENT
light and the START LOVE GUN MULTIBALL light on the right ramp are lit
at the same time, the player expects the INSTRUMENT to be lit. This
has been corrected.
- Fixed a bug where the incorrect multiplier value was being displayed
during DEMON MULTIBALL.
- Fixed a bug where the ball save from the DEMON LOCK was not working
correctly during multiball. This required adding a separate adjustment
for DEMON MULTIBALL BALL SAVE (Default: OFF). The times are different
than the existing DEMON BALL SAVE, along with the behavior.
- Lowered the number of grid completions to light HEAVEN'S ON FIRE from
2 to 1.
- Increased the HEAVEN'S ON FIRE ball save time by five seconds.
- Raised the priority of the TRACK SELECT lamp effect so it is higher
than everything else. This allows the player to see which shot arrows
are associated with each TRACK during the selection process.
- BACKSTAGE PASS add-a-ball was not restarting HEAVEN'S ON FIRE. This
has been corrected.
- HEAVEN'S ON FIRE was not restarting if add-a-ball was awarded via the
STAR targets during the grace period. This has been corrected.

#2 6 years ago

In before the complaining...

#3 6 years ago

Wait is this for real? Still remember that April fool's

#4 6 years ago

OMG YES!!!

Edit: Kind of a disappointment as its mostly bug fixes and no real gameplay content. Not going to help sales. I think it's safe to say this code is done!

#5 6 years ago

It's for real - but they may not have posted the actual updated code. This is just from the readme file.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

It's for real - but they may not have posted the actual updated code. This is just from the readme file.

huh...

so they posted a read me from a few days ago, did not announce it , and never provided the actual code?

odd

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

huh...
so they posted a read me from a few days ago, did not announce it , and never provided the actual code?
odd

They're probably updating the website, but in steps...

#8 6 years ago

Finally, life has meaning again!

#9 6 years ago

Heavens on fire and hell is preparing to freeze over.

#10 6 years ago

The game STILL sucks guys. Sell me your premium! I'll make it better.

#11 6 years ago

Having got out of Kiss fairly early on, I can safely say that none of these changes would lead me to buying the game again.

For such a wait, it's a very meh update...

#12 6 years ago

I never knowingly encountered any of the bugs listed. Besides those bug fixes and 3 rules making the game easier, I don't see much "improvement". Yes, fixes are always good but I doubt that this is the huge code implementation for which owners were holding their breath. Sign me up for a $5k+ pro? ...I think I'd rather buy $3K machines form the 80's.

From my experience, it's a great earner on location, grabbing $1 from those that remember the music or band. For the average pinball geek at home, it doesn't stick.

#13 6 years ago

Grateful for any update....but looks to be mostly big fixes.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

- TRACKS (SONGS/MODES) now reset once all TRACKS have been completed.
(It was previously not possible to play any of the TRACKS again after
the last TRACK was completed.)

Looks like a lot of good bug fixes - especially this one!

Yeah!! The game is DONE! Good job Stern!

#15 6 years ago

So just basic bug fixes. That sucks. I was hoping for some new songs or something to do with the cities.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Yes, fixes are always good but I doubt that this is the huge code implementation for which owners were holding their breath.

The April 2016 update WAS the big update owners were holding their breath for. KISS was pretty much done at that time, but people always want more, and there were still some issues. Now those issues have been addressed also. IMO nobody should continue complaining that KISS was abandoned - it wasn't.

#17 6 years ago

Damn, they still haven't fixed the bug that makes the pin play shitty KISS music over and over.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

- Fixed a bug where the ball save from the DEMON LOCK was not working
correctly during multiball. This required adding a separate adjustment
for DEMON MULTIBALL BALL SAVE (Default: OFF). The times are different
than the existing DEMON BALL SAVE, along with the behavior.

OH THANK CHRIST...

#19 6 years ago

Long gone and forgotten or .... ? Hmmm...

#20 6 years ago

Maybe the readme isn't fully complete yet?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

OH THANK CHRIST...

But of course it's still off by default

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's now done and the stay tuned and promises of gameplay change are abandoned. I'm hoping they will do more, but fear as with any Lonnie game that that's all we get.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I can fix THAT. I can't fix the positioning of the head at this location, or the fact that the game was lighting a ball save lamp that DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when a ball drained and it was on!

I'm even okay with it being OFF...as long as it DOESN'T LIGHT THE STUPID INSERT!

#24 6 years ago

FYI - The code is now available for download on Sterns website

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I can fix THAT. I can't fix the positioning of the head at this location, or the fact that the game was lighting a ball save lamp that DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when a ball drained and it was on!
I'm even okay with it being OFF...as long as it DOESN'T LIGHT THE STUPID INSERT!

Yeah, definitely an improvement. Most glaring issue on the game. Sadly I doubt any of the kisses on route around me will know to turn it on (and it should be on, having balls drain from a required shot is horrible)

#26 6 years ago

Well the list of fixes looks to cover many of the bugs I have seen. Hard to believe it took over a year and this is all we get.....not to sound ungrateful but it should not take this long to fix a few bugs in the code.

I still say we keep bumping this thread for the rumored "BIG UPDATE" many were claiming was coming.

#27 6 years ago

The MB ball save seemed to be the biggest actual issue I have read about. With that being fixed now (although having it default to off seems like a poor choice) I see Stern saying the game is done. The cities thing is almost funny now.

#28 6 years ago

Yep. Big letdown. Long wait just for fixing bugs that should've been dealt with shortly after the last release. No more money to Stern from my pocket

#29 6 years ago

Why would they not post somewhere that the code was released??

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

They do post on facebook.

Rob

#31 6 years ago

I didn't see it on there

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Because these guys are mostly right.
This is a shit update.

You sure can count on Stern (to slack at codes unless their back is against a wall: See - Metallica once upon a time).

Quoted from desertT1:

The MB ball save seemed to be the biggest actual issue I have read about. With that being fixed now (although having it default to off seems like a poor choice) I see Stern saying the game is done. The cities thing is almost funny now.

There is nothing funny whatsoever about the cities - nothing.
If they added different perks for each city, like the houses in GOT, Kiss would have been far, far better.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

You sure can count on Stern (to slack at codes unless their back is against a wall: See - Metallica once upon a time).

That only took 1 year to get perfect though

#34 6 years ago

Well I am grateful that they released the bug fixes, but I was hoping for more. There's really no point in even bothering to change the cities, it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. Bottom line, I still enjoy the pin and don't plan to get rid of it anytime soon.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That only took 1 year to get perfect though

Metallica was finished June 2016...over 3 years after release.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Lyman did it.

With Lonnie you get bug fixes unless people clamor and Stern forces it.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Well I never said complete. My point was it took a goddamn year to put the wizard modes in it! Uff.
They fixed a bunch of little things after but it was like this kiss update... I remember a lot of us not even installing the 2015 update.

Edit: 2016 update isn't even for pro?

#38 6 years ago

Quick sort of related question. I had both a Kiss Pro & LE. I obviously have my LE and will be updating it ASAP. The Pro I never updated, sold it quickly, as in before the topper update. I am going to call the guy and tell him there is an update. Can this new update just be installed without the previous updates installed?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I never said complete. My point was it took a goddamn year to put the wizard modes in it! Uff.
They fixed a bunch of little things after but it was like this kiss update... I remember a lot of us not even installing the 2015 update.

True - you did not.
I got Metallica recently, and thought the final update was pretty good.

I sold Kiss for Aerosmith, and now I know why.

#41 6 years ago

I would have to say that is an all around helpful answer. I may have my hands on a HUO Met Pro and it has never been updated either, so good to know.

#42 6 years ago

Well, if we can get a bug cleanup on KISS, there's hope for Ghostbusters to get the same. Very nice to see it finally happen.

#43 6 years ago

It's official now

IMG_5521 (resized).JPGIMG_5521 (resized).JPG

#44 6 years ago

Cities are a call out. Deal with it, I guess. Bug fixes were good, and it seems some rule adjustments people (including me) had done manually from the default setting to make the game more risk/reward are now default settings; all good.

I honestly don't understand the bitching about this game. I think it's deep enough and has enough risk/reward to be very engaging, without being pointlessly 27 layers deep, code-wise.

I'm a KISS fan, I'll humbly admit it, but this game is a solid, complete game, IMHO.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Cities are a call out. Deal with it, I guess. Bug fixes were good, and it seems some rule adjustments people (including me) had done manually from the default setting to make the game more risk/reward are now default settings; all good.
I honestly don't understand the bitching about this game. I think it's deep enough and has enough risk/reward to be very engaging, without being pointlessly 27 layers deep, code-wise.
I'm a KISS fan, I'll humbly admit it, but this game is a solid, complete game, IMHO.

Glad you like it, but next to Metallica and AC/DC Kiss seems like another wheel of fortune. I'm a huge Kiss fan, day 1 LE buyer, and I'm glad I sold the game a few months ago. Nothing in this update would change my mind. Just like Star Wars, Kiss was a cash grab game IMO.

It took them a full year just to fix bugs? Ridiculous. There's so much more they could do with this table, Borg did a good job on the layout, too bad he didn't have Lyman on code, this game could have then been epic.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I'm a KISS fan, I'll humbly admit it, but this game is a solid, complete game, IMHO

I concur with Terry.

Not every game has to be The Walking Dead on steroids.

KISS is a good, solid game.

rd

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The April 2016 update WAS the big update owners were holding their breath for. KISS was pretty much done at that time, but people always want more, and there were still some issues. Now those issues have been addressed also. IMO nobody should continue complaining that KISS was abandoned - it wasn't.

They fixed half or less of the documented bugs. I wouldn't say that's addressing the "issues" that are known. There's still a pretty good list of bugs remaining.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They fixed half or less of the documented bugs. I wouldn't say that's addressing the "issues" that are known. There's still a pretty good list of bugs remaining.

Are you basing this on the release notes or actual testing? They don't always list all the fixes in the text file.

#49 6 years ago

Good update, especially the demon kick out during multiball and the song selection not displaying the correct playfield lights.
Also the progress on instruments is good, as this was the more difficult one of all.

And the big update was the previous one were the matrix was implemented.

The game is solid now and should be considered done.

Game now that needs most code is GB (no final wizard mode, various bugs...)

#50 6 years ago

Stern say on their FB page.....

'Stern Pinball We promised a "huge" update?
Improvements continue...'

Maybe more to come.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-130?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.