• Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170809_161653 (resized).jpg
IMG_5521 (resized).JPG
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

There was a Dead Flip stream of Jack Danger playing the new KISS code on twitch this week. He racked up a pretty good game or two while explaining KISS rules along the way.

#102 6 years ago

I just got done playing a handful of games and immediately realized that the light show is even more outstanding than before. Is this part of the update or am I imagining??

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

There was a Dead Flip stream of Jack Danger playing the new KISS code on twitch this week. He racked up a pretty good game or two while explaining KISS rules along the way.

Thx for sharing.....gonna go check it out

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

I just got done playing a handful of games and immediately realized that the light show is even more outstanding than before. Is this part of the update or am I imagining??

My son and I have been arguing over that (on a KISS LE). He says it's not that much different, but I say on Heaven's on Fire, especially, it's a LOT better light show. Too lazy to roll it back to 1.28 to compare, but I'm pretty sure the lightshow is improved with 1.30.

#105 6 years ago

Ok, someone explain the skill shot to me....

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Ok, someone explain the skill shot to me....

It's not REALLY a skill shot in the classic sense, IMO, but you can get the first arrow on the left by the pop bumpers for the songs like Deuce that light it if you launch the ball very slowly. It does take skill because it has to be fast enough to get over the top, but not so fast it gets to the arrow too soon (where it won't register).

#107 6 years ago

I think the skill shot on kiss actually takes skill. In addition to the soft plunge on a new ball, it's even more fun and challenging to react to a ball save with a soft plunge to get all 4 bumper cap inserts when lit.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not REALLY a skill shot in the classic sense, IMO, but you can get the first arrow on the left by the pop bumpers for the songs like Deuce that light it if you launch the ball very slowly. It does take skill because it has to be fast enough to get over the top, but not so fast it gets to the arrow too soon (where it won't register).

And the same is true for a soft plunge that doesn't make it past halfway and rolls backwards through the right orbit switch. You can award the arrows for the songs on the right as well as collecting the band members that are flashing (and Catman if all four band members are collected).

#109 6 years ago

i wouldnt call it a skill shot at all because a skill shot is available no matter what mode you are in. with kiss it is only available in a couple of modes. they could have done a skill shot like ghostbusters and that would have been awesome.

2 weeks later
#110 6 years ago

Finally got some time in on KISS with the new code today. Did they retool the scoring? How do you play 6 multiballs including a HOF and KISS Army and only score 214,000,000 points? I don't like games that give you 100,000 for plunging a ball but this is ridiculous.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Finally got some time in on KISS with the new code today. Did they retool the scoring? How do you play 6 multiballs including a HOF and KISS Army and only score 214,000,000 points? I don't like games that give you 100,000 for plunging a ball but this is ridiculous.

It seems to me like the scoring got more liberal with 1.30. If you weren't playing with stacked multipliers, I could see that game with that score.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-130/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.