• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by NPO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

First I would like to start off by saying that I am very new to the hobby. I have one machine, (DE Jurassic Park), that my wife bought me as a project a year ago. I tinkered with it quite a bit, but finally decided to have it fixed by a professional. 3 weeks and a few hundred dollars later I have a working and playable machine. (YAY)

After playing it for a few weeks, and learning how the game was supposed to work by watching a few youtube videos, I realized that my machine was not progressing in the game modes. (BOOO) I started to diagnose the problem, and figured out I had a bad switch for the center scoop. I bought a replacement and put it in. The game now recognizes the switch in DIOGNOSTICS mode, but in gameplay it will not progress the game mode; strange side note, it does give some points for activating it.

I manually activated the switch with the game running to make sure it wasn’t a ball contact issue, and I have also noticed that the green light above the scoop will only blink for a couple of seconds randomly. I believe this is supposed to be lit when the game starts, and when you hit the “Power Shed” shot to re-light it.

I have gotten the first mode (Stampede) to start by using the “Smart Missile” button, but only then. I have read through almost all of the forum post that may have connection to my same issue, but haven’t found anything similar. My next thinking is that maybe my game Chip could be bad?

Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated; I throw myself at the feet of the pros and veterans in this hobby. I can answer any questions you may have, as well as provide pics/video of anything.

Thanks, Matt

#2 6 years ago

Had the same issue when I had mine. You really need to bend the switch arm to make sure the ball is activating the switch when it rolls over. I thought just using my finger to activate the switch meant it was working, but that wasn't the case.

#3 6 years ago

I was getting deja vu on this question as I know I had chimed in somewhere. Took a little digging but I found it and 2nd dontfeed

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-power-shed-wont-keep-control-room-lit#post-3643808

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

I was getting deja vu on this question as I know I had chimed in somewhere. Took a little digging but I found it and 2nd dontfeed
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-power-shed-wont-keep-control-room-lit#post-3643808

I did read that thread, will try bending the switch arm and report back.

#5 6 years ago

go into switch test mode and test with the ball, not your finger.

#6 6 years ago

Holy crap! I cannot believe that bending that arm just a little tiny bit actually fixed it!!! I played with the glass off and walked the ball through all the modes and everything seems to be working great. Thanks guys!

#7 6 years ago

I'm proud to see that in 3 posts, the original poster ALREADY knows to put "FIXED" in his title thread so people looking for help in the future will know that there IS a solution in here.

Well done on both, OP - fixing it and labeling your title thread appropriately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jurassic-park-owner-needs-help?hl=hodgesm0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.